Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Why would they choose to do that now though? No deals are made, and it's a possibility (which, it is!) that the deals made could be in the favour of the UK and Business here. We'll need to wait and see if a General Election is called, who replaces Cameron, if Labour has another shuffle, if we get good deals, and when the leave date is set.

Anyone who makes rash calls right now is being stupid.
    You won't be a part of the EU anymore, so London can't be the center of Europe...
    Someone outside the EU can never have a better trading deal then a country that is a part of it...

I've just been reading even the premier league will have to adept.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    there isnt. it doesnt exist, apart from they took ur jerbs or its a tyranny of brussels or another nonsense
    Terk er jerb is nonsense? But what about the poor UK bricklayers?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    So lets punish all of the UK to set an example so others get with the program and not step out of line. very tyrannical of you
    Better than punishing all of the EU for the few leave voters in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I don't see your two points working towards stability. A new prime minister can't do much and well... Negotiations are uncertain by definition, especially in a situation such as this.
    A new Prime Minister can't do much? Doesn't that depend on who that is, who the Opposition becomes, whether or not there is a snap General Election, and whether or not the UK Government tolerates another Scottish referendum, and whether or not Scotland wants to do that instead of be part of a UK / EU Deal?

Again; There is a lot of uncertainty, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for a lot of growth from these situations. Everyone views them negatively purely on the basis of it's the unknown, but I personally see opportunity. Again; Remain supporter, just wanting to get on with it now and get the job done.

It looks to me you're taking your economic status for granted.
    Being one of the largest economies in the world, and the 2nd / 3rd in Europe is something to be worked. It's not something we take for granted by any means, and certainly Europe doesn't take us leaving for granted either. The contributions we make have to come from somewhere, the goods and trade we provide need to come from somewhere. A deal the best choice for both nations.

Deleted
    It's a denial that they're already planning to move right now.
    Of course not, I guess we all knew that they would spend the weekend in GB .

Nevertheless it will be most interesting to observe the next steps of of money people and investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Not gonna lie, the memes on this are pretty funny lol.

Not that what I say counts but I think it was pretty retarded to leave the EU. Idk how a vote like that even comes in to play. Who would organize that? Shit like that never happens in the US.
    Cameron the Genius organized that. Even though he championed the remain argument. Mind = blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Doesn't the fact that Norway and Switzerland do fine outside the EU prove that the UK can also do fine?

No one in this thread knows shit about Brexit's financial consequences. It has a much bigger effect on the Eurozone than on the UK since it depresses expected NGDP growth. There is a reason why British stocks are down 4% while German and French are 8% meanwhile southern European countries are more like 10-15%.
    Please. Both Switzerland and Norway are different countries with different issues. Let's not start doing idiotic comparisons.
    Also Greenland left Europe in 85. So?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    Do you expect any of that to matter to the topic at hand? You are derailing this purposely now. The matter at hand is that with the U.K. Leaving the EU, it gives Sinn Fein more ammo for a United ireland vote. If that vote passed, you are telling me that there will not be an uproar amongst those that do not want to be part of a country that had to get bailed out and still not recovered?

Next time, when you start going into your mid life crisis rage (because by what you are saying you are at least 45), take a breather. Calm down and actually reply to the topic at hand.

I can also "judge" you too but I will not because unlike you, I don't come to these forums just to take my frustration out.... Oops too late.

EDIT: Chrcked your post history. You are from Ireland, not Northern Ireland which you stated yourself and only moved to the UK because of what the EU did to Ireland. The EU first started early 90's. So you didn't grow up in The Troubles you lying shit. Welcome to being the first on my fucking ignore list.
    Really? You would have been better off not responding my friend, for you couldn't be more wrong.

Angry midlife crisis guy is right, although he could use a chill pill :P

P.S. Northern Ireland citizens have dual citizenship, they can choose British or Irish as they see fit. So they can be from the North and never have set foot in the South, but they are still Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Actually, there are movements starting to push London to split from UK and stay in EU as a sovereign state.
    Which honestly is just embarrassing in itself. If anything, if the government hadn't all but ignored the fact that there was an "England" outside of London for so long, maybe they wouldn't have gotten themselves into all of this mess in the first place.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    So lets punish all of the UK to set an example so others get with the program and not step out of line. very tyrannical of you
    No, just realistic. It sends the message to the rest of the periphery that they aren't going to get a better deal moving away from integration.

I explicitly said that there won't be uncertainty for that long...
    Takes around 10 years to renegotiate trade agreement.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Doesn't the fact that Norway and Switzerland do fine outside the EU prove that the UK can also do fine?

No one in this thread knows shit about Brexit's financial consequences. It has a much bigger effect on the Eurozone than on the UK since it depresses expected NGDP growth. There is a reason why British stocks are down 4% while German and French are 8% meanwhile southern European countries are more like 10-15%.
    No one, absolutely NO ONE will waste time and resources to go for Swiss model of cooperation. That's simply not possible and not favourable. EU-Switz is based on many many agreements made over very long period of time.

UKs best bet is Norway's model of cooperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    The irony.
    /10 chars
    Absolute irony. Again though; Remain supporter here.

But, I do think there is a slight difference with separating from the E.U., and Scotland leaving the UK. Even you can see the differences between the two right?

Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    You won't be a part of the EU anymore, so London can't be the center of Europe...
    Someone outside the EU can never have a better trading deal then a country that is a part of it...

I've just been reading even the premier league will have to adept.
    That surely depends on the deals. If the UK has to pay (let's just pick random numbers and shit) £10M a year to trade into Europe, but companies based here get much better tax deals, workers rights deals, and we become less welfare dependant, won't it be worth many companies moving here?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Remember, EU is love, EU is life. How could the UK turn away from the resplendent glory and perfection of it? How dare they?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Which honestly is just embarrassing in itself. Id anything, if the government hadn't all but ignored the fact that there was an "England" outside of London for so long, maybe they wouldn't have gotten themselves into all of this mess in the first place.
    God forbid that the government focus on the urban centers....you know, the places where most people actually live.

well yeah. when you leave, you have to brace any consequence of your desicion.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Takes around 10 years to renegotiate trade agreement.
    The UK / EU Trade Deals aren't going to take 10 years. Maybe some of the finer details will be refined again and again, and some key points will take much longer. But the overall concept that the UK & EU want to trade together is something that everyone already is willing to work towards.

What it comes down to is pricing, tariffs, regulations, rights and much more. It'll take time, sure, but 10 years? Not for the basic framework to be put together.

Deleted
    Also EU simply cannot afford to give UK more favourable agreements as a seperate entity than it got as a part of EU. That's simply impossible and a direct contrast to the whole idea of union and integrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, there are movements starting to push London to split from UK and stay in EU as a sovereign state.
    It'd be interesting to see which city would take up the mantle of Engales, since most of the metropolitan areas also strongly supported staying in the EU.

Please. Both Switzerland and Norway are different countries with different issues. Let's not start doing idiotic comparisons.
    Also Greenland left Europe in 85. So?
    So what consequences do you think this will have on the UK?