Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Doesn't the fact that Norway and Switzerland do fine outside the EU prove that the UK can also do fine?

No one in this thread knows shit about Brexit's financial consequences. It has a much bigger effect on the Eurozone than on the UK since it depresses expected NGDP growth. There is a reason why British stocks are down 4% while German and French are 8% meanwhile southern European countries are more like 10-15%.
    The FTSE mostly tracks international companies and Britain central bank has basically declared defcon 5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    A new Prime Minister can't do much? Doesn't that depend on who that is, who the Opposition becomes, whether or not there is a snap General Election, and whether or not the UK Government tolerates another Scottish referendum, and whether or not Scotland wants to do that instead of be part of a UK / EU Deal?

Again; There is a lot of uncertainty, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for a lot of growth from these situations. Everyone views them negatively purely on the basis of it's the unknown, but I personally see opportunity. Again; Remain supporter, just wanting to get on with it now and get the job done.

Being one of the largest economies in the world, and the 2nd / 3rd in Europe is something to be worked. It's not something we take for granted by any means, and certainly Europe doesn't take us leaving for granted either. The contributions we make have to come from somewhere, the goods and trade we provide need to come from somewhere. A deal the best choice for both nations.
    Uncertainty is bad for the markets period. Whether of not something good can come out of this crisis is not the point we're talking about.
    Italy was 4th economy in the world above France and UK in 86. We took it for granted and we weren't part of an entity "too big to fall". So we fell.
    If Europe deals with the UK, they risk an increasingly aggressive eurosceptic campaign.
    EU has much more to lose from that rather than dealing with the UK.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Despite all predictions to the contrary? Yeah, right.
    If I had a dollar for every paid shrill who makes predictions which turned out to be wrong, Soros would be my bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Terk er jerb is nonsense? But what about the poor UK bricklayers?!
    Of course it's nonsense. The places with the highest immigration levels voted to remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Well last go around everyone told me the EU is the glorious keeper of all peace and sole reason another world war has not happened..
    I'm not convinced if the voices you hear are "everyone". Maybe Everyone with a capital E, could be a unique name of your demons. "Our name is Legion" type of deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    when you make a decision such as this, the exit of the european union, it's a decision that will engage your country for decades, perhaps 50 years or more.

3/4 of the british youth (19-24) voted for remaining in the EU, while the 50 years old and more have voted majoritarly to leave. It is said that uk faces hard times to rebuild a great UK, but it's the younger population that will have to face the hardship of rebuilding the UK.

For better or worse, the young people of UK will be stuck with a decision they haven't chosen.

Deleted
    Absolute irony. Again though; Remain supporter here.

But, I do think there is a slight difference with separating from the E.U., and Scotland leaving the UK. Even you can see the differences between the two right?

That surely depends on the deals. If the UK has to pay (let's just pick random numbers and shit) £10M a year to trade into Europe, but companies based here get much better tax deals, workers rights deals, and we become less welfare dependant, won't it be worth many companies moving here?
    You know that "Even you" sounded very bad, right?

Yes, there are differences but fact of the matter is Scotland wants to be a part of EU. So if they decide to seperate from UK...they should be allowed as well. It's United Kingdom and not England & its vassals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanon View Post
    Really? You would have been better off not responding my friend, for you couldn't be more wrong.

Angry midlife crisis guy is right, although he could use a chill pill :P

P.S. Northern Ireland citizens have dual citizenship, they can choose British or Irish as they see fit. So they can be from the North and never have set foot in the South, but they are still Irish.
    Not a midlife crisis... I just can't stand stupidity. especially when said stupidity thinks it right and everyone else is wrong.

I tried to explain it simply to him earlier because he is clearly a dumbfuck, but I don't think he got it.... Embarrassment to my country.

So what consequences do you think this will have on the UK?
    losing current treaties and trade deals, along with bargaining power for starters. losing the free movement inside the EU
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Economic suicide is preferable to a complete breakdown of our democracy.
    Well, already the least democratic country in EU, so it won't be that big of a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I doubt punishing the brits, will make anything better.
    I doubt making them a better deal than they deserve will make anything better, either, we have seen where that has led us.

10+ Year Old Account

But, I do think there is a slight difference with separating from the E.U., and Scotland leaving the UK. Even you can see the differences between the two right?
    Considering that EU membership was essentially the only reason the Scottish referendum failed, it isn't far fetched to say that another referendum would have a much greater chance of succeeding.

That surely depends on the deals. If the UK has to pay (let's just pick random numbers and shit) £10M a year to trade into Europe, but companies based here get much better tax deals, workers rights deals, and we become less welfare dependant, won't it be worth many companies moving here?
    Maybe the invisible hand of the market will jerk you off to prosperity.

If your solution is to cut taxes and curtail employee rights in order to stay afloat outside of the EU, it doesn't exactly prove that the UK is better off.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Uncertainty is bad for the markets period. Whether of not something good can come out of this crisis is not the point we're talking about.
    Italy was 4th economy in the world above France and UK in 86. We took it for granted and we weren't part of an entity "too big to fall". So we fell.
    If Europe deals with the UK, they risk an increasingly aggressive eurosceptic campaign.
    EU has much more to lose from that rather than dealing with the UK.
    I'm not disagreeing with any of your points. Merely pointing out that while things can do terrible, we could become the Ethiopia of Europe. Or, we could become a powerful, economic machine. Or something in the middle. We just don't know yet, and I don't believe for a moment we're going to collapse on ourselves, but, I could be totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Better than punishing all of the EU for the few leave voters in the UK.
    Few? it was the majority and now other EU countries citizens are considering doing the same wanting a referendum wanting a vote to leave
    Liberal elitist just doesn't get it they keep forcing their unwanted agendas keep shoveling it down peoples throats and tell them to sit down and shut up you are racist if you complain
    I was hoping the UK majority voting to leave would be a wake up call for the liberal elitist but nope they still wont recognize they are the problem their agenda is why the majority of the UK voted to leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    For better or worse, the young people of UK will be stuck with a decision they haven't chosen.
    Not necessarily. Once said Leaver generation dies off, the UK may return to the EU if it still remains - similar to how nations have popped out and back into NATO.

Sorry, I should say 'England' rather than the UK.

It will be more likely that the companies will have to pay. And Importing/exporting everything vs just moving goods around the EU...
    Little reason not to move to Germany/Brussels/A'dam .

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    God forbid that the government focus on the urban centers....you know, the places where most people actually live.
    The DON'T though. It's JUST LONDON. Everywhere else is all but ignored.

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Of course it's nonsense. The places with the highest immigration levels voted to remain.
    i think that he was being sarcastic
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack WN View Post
    Not a midlife crisis... I just can't stand stupidity. especially when said stupidity thinks it right and everyone else is wrong.

I tried to explain it simply to him earlier because he is clearly a dumbfuck, but I don't think he got it.... Embarrassment to my country.
    I think a lot of people would say the same thing about Brexiters

Doesn't the fact that Norway and Switzerland do fine outside the EU prove that the UK can also do fine?
    why are people still saying stupid shit like this?
    Norway has free movement of people with the EU as part of their deal
    Switzerland will eventually have free movement of people as part of their deal
    both Norway and Switzerland pay large amounts of money into the EU project

the Norwegian government has said multiple times that Britain would be mad to drop what it has now in exchange for the same deal as Norway