Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because a significant portion of the British people have revealed themselves to be nothing but whiny do-nothings wanting to leech off the benefits of an agreement without bearing any of the responsibility.
    How so?

We've bore a lot of responsibility during our time here in the EU, we continue to do so until the day we leave, and once we've left, depending on the deals of course, we'll continue to work with and support the E.U., as well as being responsible for our own actions.

The U.K. certainly isn't a bunch of "Whiny do-nothing leeches" because simply we've chosen to leave the E.U. and I find that a little rude. I think you, and a few others here paint this whole situation with too much of a generic brush, that everyone who voted leave did so because they're racists, or bigots, or whiny, or leeches, when there are actually genuine concerns that many Leave campaigners had over the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    1: They said that in 1992 when the EU was formed.

2: Remember that massive crash in 2008 they predicted, and the ones before that?
    You mean how they were predicting 2008 all the way back in 2005? Cause anyone who bothered to watch the news saw the warnings on how the good times were not going to last that much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I don't think i am.
    Yes, that is a standard for the confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    How considerate of the EU to let it's member nations be able to leave.
    Indeed, it's incredibly lenient.

You are aware that states in the US are constitutionally banned from secession, yes? Unions are and should be perpetual.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    No it is foolish to make it as painful as possible.

The EU needs to tread a fine line here so that they can both be seen as having a tough attitude towards members that leave, whilst simultaneously being shown to be the benevolent ruling body that they assert themselves to be.

If they make it too painful, they won't get a deal, and it will only add fuel to the fire of the right wing anti EU political parties that are currently sprouting up like wildfire accross Europe by showing that they will go after a nation for a democractic choice.

If they make it too good of a deal for the UK, they will get more people wishing to leave.
    Not particularly they can just attack it by saying this is what the Britain people voted for, that they wanted nothing to do with us. A lot of smart politicians will use this to further hatred of the British and their snobby ways which is not a really hard sell, that them not us mentality that got this vote to pass works both ways.

I am still gutted over the results of the vote. I was a remain voter still am.

As much as I want Britain to do well I also want what I currently have to remain. The ability to go to anywhere in Europe for work and travel with the minimum of fuss. It's possibly the best thing we had going. My GF who is from the Netherlands is worried about how that might affect me moving there with Jobs and what not. Hopefully that won't be a concern for quite some time.

Hopefully the EU bounces back from this even stronger as well. Perhaps it gives it the kick it needed to really get some good reforms going and push on to do better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voix View Post
    As a Business owner, money > everything, do you really think for example German car manufacturers won't export to their second biggest importer? The naivety in this thread is astounding, we're all greedy pricks, the lot of us. We all want money, we're not going to trade because the UK "hurt" Europes feelings, whatever makes the bank balance go up is exactly what large businesses will do.

Do you think economies like Greece that export 0.3% of German cars matter to these manufacturers or the UK that eats up a fifth of their stock?

Source for car figures: https://next.ft.com/content/f6cda050...a-398b2169cf79
    Can you say that again in light of sanctions in trade with Russia? I mean all of us would have more $ if they weren't in place but they are and businesses are hurting but it doesn't stop EU from keeping sanctions.

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    Something I really don't get is how immigration will be better controlled by leaving EU ? Do those " scared " by immigration think their EU neighbors will " keep those immigrates on their ground " ? I'm not arguiing, I just don't understand how with a looser cooperation with your neighbors, you'll have a better control on immigration ? I'm honestly asking.
    People think that we can better control our borders because there will be no free travel like we have with the EU. People are very stupid.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    No. EU is organizational body. That's not the same.
    It is made of humans, Junker is only a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    How so?

We've bore a lot of responsibility during our time here in the EU
    No, you haven't. The UK's terms were incredibly (some might say overly) lenient.

The U.K. certainly isn't a bunch of "Whiny do-nothing leeches" because simply we've chosen to leave the E.U. and I find that a little rude. I think you, and a few others here paint this whole situation with too much of a generic brush, that everyone who voted leave did so because they're racists, or bigots, or whiny, or leeches, when there are actually genuine concerns that many Leave campaigners had over the EU.
    Said genuine concerns were not the result of anything the EU did. Nor were they particularly genuine, either.

Deleted
    You are aware that states in the US are constitutionally banned from secession, yes? Unions are and should be perpetual.
    Sounds like a tyranny. Even the Soviet Union allowed the Baltics to secede.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    You seem to be taking this way too personally. It was a democratic vote of a nation, about whether or not the want to remain in the E.U., it wasn't about whether or not you're a loser or not. So please, try not to take it as such.

Also, I will add, I'm not talking about being childish, but if the U.K. doesn't get a deal that's acceptable, of course they're not going to just accept it, walk away and deal with it. We're going to sit down, renegotiate, change ideas, change tactics, filibuster if we need too, and much more.

You seem to have developed this hatred of the UK over this, and I'm not sure why.
    Hm lets see if i get that right: You say you will cause trouble and problems if you don´t get your will and we should be all "Oh yes please give us more" ?
    And the deal won´t be any better than the deals which you have now anything other would be a joke and in no way explaynable to the rest of the EU. So you will bitch and moane but still get something worse than what you have now.

Deleted
    Texas isn't an independent nation rofl. You are comparing a state in a country to a country in the EU. A pretty huge difference, don't you think?
    What do you think Texas was before it got annexed by the US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    The dose makes the poison.
    Yes I know it is terrible that the unwashed masses sometimes reject the august leadership offered by enlightened people like you when given the chance to vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

not entirely up to Scotland and North Ireland right now

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Apparently a % seem to think a democratic vote = personally shitting on every EU resident
    Nah, they think someone who leaves and threatens sabotage is an hostile outsider who must be defended against and who should lose all previous privileges granted for being a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The attitude that the EU is perfect might not help when dealing with criticism of the EU. Likewise calling the voters unbelievably stupid and saying their votes should just be ignored doesn't help the case when one of the main points of Leave was that the EU was Anti-Democratic.
    Again, the referendum and whatever happens with it is not up to EU. If it's not listened to it will be because UK is anti-democratic. Which, when compared to the EU itself, it is. And EU ins't perfect. But when most of the leave arguments address Maastrich Treaty at best, nothing actually rooted in facts about EU at worst, then yes, the voters who subscribe to that drivel may not be the brightest bulbs on the porch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Texas isn't an independent nation rofl.
    That is the key difference between the EU and the US, except for Texas and Hawaii, no State of ours was ever a independent nation-state, nor are they that particularly different from one another.

The US built its States from scratch, and honestly Texas was more or less a State in waiting so really only Hawaii was someone else's creation that we just annexed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What do you think Texas was before it got annexed by the US?
    Was it and parts of California etc part of Mexico before the Mexican/american war or something? (not particularly well read on that part of American history!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Unions are and should be perpetual.
    Yeah, fuck people that are doing what they think is in their best interests. You know better than they do, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.