Poll: Who pays on a date?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    On the radio this guy was talking about his friend that just uses Tinder to get free meals all the time. Like she eats out 5 days a week and never pays.

The SO and I go on dates all the time. Whoever had the idea pays(usually me), I love going out to eat at nice restaurants.
    I didn't vote because my answer wasn't an option.
    Member of every Blizzard beta club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    On the radio this guy was talking about his friend that just uses Tinder to get free meals all the time. Like she eats out 5 days a week and never pays.
    That's rather pathetic of her. But there are people who date and marry someone simply based on wealth so it could be worse.

I've always paid for females dinners/lunches even if it's a friend. Idk was just raised to be nice to females.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

If I like a date, I'll gladly pay, if I dun, well... I may do something funny, like ask for a separate bill, pay for my meal and leave, cuz I dun care. I once was stabbed w/ a fork for doing so, still worth it. I like watching the world burn

It also may depend on girl's nationality. Some European girls, especially from Germany, go mental, if I insist on paying for anything

However, when I was younger, I always paid on dates.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-06-24 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I always pay unless the girl insist on splitting. I gotta say though, it gives me a bad vibe when she doesn't even pretend to be reluctant to me paying. Come on, you're supposed to have that fake back-and-forth until you give up and let me pay, you're not supposed to just sit there like it's the least I could do.
    I do appreciate the fake back and forth then relent, as she's saying I'm strong and independent but she'll let you be her man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man pays, I would not stand having my date pay for me. When we are sufficiently together and are a couple for some time, then we split for the general eating out, but if I invite for a night out, then I pay.

The most correct answer is indeed who asked for the date is the one who pays and since it's usually guys asking for a date, then they pay. But since it's not a law, you may amend it depending on your views on this.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-06-24 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't know how anyone can think "Oh I paid, I get sexy time now." >.>
    Maybe they are just lame in the sack, but I'm also confused by it because its like when I have sex its a lot of work so why the hell would I wanna pay to do work? Should be paying me for my good work and services, shes gonna enjoy more then me anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stupidity kills more people than Obesity, and Smoking combined.
    Now the question is, how do we get people to stop being stupid?
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You could probably do better. I have faith in you.
    Words to live by!

The person that asked the other one out I'd say. Female or male doesn't factor in since the same would be true for homosexual couples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Dates with mai 2D waifu are free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest a new option: neither pays. Ruuuuuuuuuuuun!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

On a double date, I've seen a guy ask the girl to pay for his everything that night, her eye rolling and disgust was biblical! After all that bs, he tried to assert his manliness by telling her: girls shouldn't drink coffee this late at night... This beta-lord manlet was comedy gold! I paid for all of us and needless to say, she was by my side all night too.

My girl had a thick jacket so she was fine; this girl said she was cold and his response was "me too." What a dumb sack of shit! I gave her my jacket and being in a t-shirt at 2 am in February wasn't cold at all when you have 2 girls snuggling up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Feeling a bit entitled are we
    Entitled to what?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post

Dont get suprised when you get taken to arbys then with that attitude.
    What is arbys?

Tom is a man. All men are pigs. Therefore Tom is a pig.

Men should invite. The person who invites pays. Therefore men should pay.

I mean, I know the idea of "whoever invites pays" SOUNDS logical, but in reality we all know men are expected to make the first move. So when some of you are suggesting that the inviter should pay, aren't you just basically saying in a politically-correct sort of way that you still think men should pay?
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Deleted
    I'd be fine paying, wouldn't wanna go out with a girl who doesn't insist on paying her own way. Thankfully thats generally not how romantic relationships starts for me or most people I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Trallnar View Post
    If it is a first date, I feel like you should each go in intending to pay for just yourself, or talk early about "I'll pay for dinner if you get the movie" type equal investment.

After the first date, it shouldn't be a big deal and both should be taking turns paying. Whoever addled or initiated should be prepared to pay, though.
    With the guys, we'll do that but one time, this guy said "do you really need the m&m's too?" I publicly humiliated him then booted him at the theatre.

Girl should pay... Empowerment and all that jazz.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    What ever the couple agrees on. Is it that hard?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    I was actually thinking about this too. I have NEVER seen nor heard a woman ask a guy out for dinner. You might as well say the guy should pay because 9.9/10 the guy is the one asking and inviting. It's like we have to beg for a couple years before the girl decides she wants to commit. Don't know why it's like that but it is what it is I guess.
    I've always found the girl to ask for or demand the commitment.