Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Being one of the largest economies in the world, and the 2nd / 3rd in Europe is something to be worked. It's not something we take for granted by any means, and certainly Europe doesn't take us leaving for granted either. The contributions we make have to come from somewhere, the goods and trade we provide need to come from somewhere. A deal the best choice for both nations.
    I'd say UK - the member of the EEA is a good source of money. Because any country of the EEA has to pay for it and UK needs it in order not to wave almost half their trade goodbye while it commits seppuku.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or that a population that decided to threaten European integrity gets their comeuppance. It's easy to spin.
    Yeah it is, and like i'm saying, the European Union can't afford anymore negative publicity, because they are already being threatened internally by political parties that want there own version of Brexit. So however easily your spinning it, I can spin it back the other way to make it look negative. And if I can do it, politicians can do it.

Endless bitching despite getting an already incredibly good deal.
    Well, they won't have to deal with our bitching anymore, so yay?

Deleted
    We're not obligated to respect bad decisions.
    Then continue looking petulant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The people obviously disagree
    'The People' are not qualified to make such decisions.

Or that a population that decided to threaten European integrity gets their comeuppance. It's easy to spin.

Endless bitching despite getting an already incredibly good deal.

We're not obligated to respect bad decisions.
    I'm sadly going to have to now Block you. What started off as a good discussion has literally just spiraled into you hating and slamming the UK for no real reason. You seem to have some serious issues with the situation, that's understandable, but you almost seem to be taking them personally. I don't really want to talk to someone who wants to complain about complaining, bitch about bitching, and whine about whining

Yes, but cultures and social shifts are common place these days. Look at the rise of Far-Right / Right-Wing political groups over the last ~2 years alone?

Of course they can, but they won't forever. Forever is a long time, and eventually, Greece & Cyprus will see reason to let Turkey in, if it means fixing some of these issues they have with each other.

Nor was Greece when it joined the E.U., and look what happened there... Which, I will also add is maybe another reason so many decided to leave? The whole Greece situation is a clusterfuck, and continued bailouts are a slap in the face of all Europeans.
    Greece and Turkey have hated each other for years, it isn't a recent development or some right-wing cultural shift. Greeks and Turks have absolutely hated each other for a very very very long time
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    A drag indeed.. when it is the government. Otherwise, one should not care.
    Apparently censorship is not a concern of the MMO-Champ Moderators

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There will be give and take, which is what most posters here do not realise and I have been trying to explain.

They seem to think it will be one party with 100% power and the other with 0%, but that is not how it will work when the EU is negotiating with one of the top ten economies in the world.
    I don't know the law about it, but can the UK give preferential treatment for some member of the EU. As an exemple, a no visa policy for some country (say germany france belgium) and visa restriction for others or do they HAVE to deal with europe as a whole?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yeah it is, and like i'm saying, the European Union can't afford anymore negative publicity, because they are already being threatened internally by political parties that want there own version of Brexit. So however easily your spinning it, I can spin it back the other way to make it look negative. And if I can do it, politicians can do it.
    All the more reason to treat the British as threats to political integrity and economic stability.

Well, they won't have to deal with our bitching anymore, so yay?
    No, just the fallout of your foolishness.

Deleted
    Seems to be working just fine for all parties involved in the United States.
    or the Soviet Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    A 5 millions country with oil and an educated population? Why not?
    Better than Montenegro and EU already has talks with them (no offense to Montenegro).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Most logically importing and exporting will get more expansive without the EU.

EU will look elsewhere to buy stuff cheaper or for equal price - UK will have to pay more to get that stuff - simple based due to their location.
    Or someone else decides that a market worth 19 billion pounds a month is worth a free trade agreement. And the EU is out 12 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I think i would take all the nationalism in the world over your breed of authoritarian bullshit.
    This, so much.

@Didactic: From a British person who voted in, you vitriolic hate towards us is refreshing it makes me feel like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF-I...youtu.be&t=25s

Because Turkey would probably much rather give up those claims, and gain access to the EU. Greece & Cyprus can't just continue to Veto it endlessly if there are gains to be had for them. Unlocking the E.U. for Turkey is much more lucrative than whatever claims and issues they currently have.

Greece is in a bad way, large payments and offers of bailout packages from Turkey could really push them to at least not Veto their entry. As for Cyprus, more work needs to be done for sure, but as I said; "In my life-time", not in the next 3 years.
    Yes Cyprus can and will continue to veto endlessly. Simply put unless Turkey leave there is nothing Turkey can do to convince Cyprus not to Veto.

As for Greece, Turkey has border issues regarding mass violations of airspace and other threats. Greece even with its problems isn't going to reward Turkey

Also in your lifetime also means that in these years Turkey has become a major modern society in both Social, economical and political. Basically a Turkey joining EU would be a Turkey that looks more like modern day Germany than a 1950s crap hole with a few modern parts.

Deleted
    'The People' are not qualified to make such decisions.
    Shall we scrap democracy then

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It will do wonders to the crowd whining that it's the EU that's undemocratic fer sure.
    I'm not saying it'd be a total slap in the face of democracy, but there is still a huge difference between leaving the EU, considering the vast shift and changes that it's gone through since we joined just a mere 40 years ago, to a country breaking a union that has held for many more, and where cultural ties and relationships are far stronger than those of the E.U.

No offence but many Europeans here are justifying the BREXIT supporters decisions further with their behaviour
    You cannot justify something retrospectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    There will be give and take, which is what most posters here do not realise and I have been trying to explain.

They seem to think it will be one party with 100% power and the other with 0%, but that is not how it will work when the EU is negotiating with one of the top ten economies in the world.
    It's in the interest of both parties to get this done as amicably as possible. We have a few things in our favour such as growing anti-european sentiment in more or less every member state and both France and Germany going to the polls in the near future. The best way to shut down anti-eu dissenters isn't to basically go out and show them that the EU is indeed every bit as evil as they claim it to be by trying to punish the UK.

No doubt we will get what's coming to us, just it might not be the EU that's dolling it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shall we scrap democracy then
    Because there totally isn't a middle ground between populism and autocracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    I don't know the law about it, but can the UK give preferential treatment for some member of the EU. As an exemple, a no visa policy for some country (say germany france belgium) and visa restriction for others or do they HAVE to deal with europe as a whole?
    Canada give preferential treatment to some EU nations and not others, Cryban goes mad over it as one of the countries they restrict is Bulgaria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Which would make this entire referendum pointless. Pretty much nothing would change other than Britain losing voting power in the EU.
    So why do Norway and Switzerland not join the EU and enjoy better terms?