Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The sit in didn't prevent it lol
    Because the republicans were stonewalling as usual.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I think folks just like to single out Florida for some odd reason. Stuff like this happens all over the US. You're never going to convince me Florida has it worse than Cali. In backwoods KY, a boyfriend & girlfriend go to another girls house to get a TV back, things go sideways and dude starts spraying down the place with his 9mm and ends up killing his own girlfriend in the process. He was the only one with a gun. That never made it to MMO-C
    Yeah, but the sheer amount of "Florida man" coverage is desensitizing for the place as a whole.

Like this Florida man throwing an alligator into a Wendy's drive-thru window.

Or this fella, falling asleep while trying to rob a home.

Or this guy, running a roadblock and crashing into a medical helicopter.

Edit: Honestly, I thought this was fake but: This police record of one "Crystal Metheny" stating she fired a missle into an occupied vehicle.
    Last edited by Sylreick; 2016-06-24 at 02:46 PM.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Yeah, but the sheer amount of "Florida man" coverage is desensitizing for the place as a whole.
    Well yeah, but that feeds into the narrative that if you focus on Florida, you're going to get more Florida stories. If you buy into all hunters are Huntards, you'll never run out of stories where hunters do dumb things and completely ignore all the terrible mages and warlocks.

We just need more people here who don't like Cali or New York to get all the odd ball stories from there. The joy of having a job that travels around to all the states is I get to read a lot of the local papers. Madness and Tomfoolery is everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, but that feeds into the narrative that if you focus on Florida, you're going to get more Florida stories. If you buy into all hunters are Huntards, you'll never run out of stories where hunters do dumb things and completely ignore all the terrible mages and warlocks.

We just need more people here who don't like Cali or New York to get all the odd ball stories from there. The joy of having a job that travels around to all the states is I get to read a lot of the local papers. Madness and Tomfoolery is everywhere.
    Yes, but this thread isn't about those locations. I agree, if those places got more focus then we would become desensitized to stories from there as well. Florida man is just the prevailing locale for the stories of crazed crooks.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or the great hunters. Seriously, why does no one ever acknowledge an awesome hunter?!?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't the police confiscate the handgun back when he pointed it at the woman? Casually brandishing a firearm is against the law pretty much anywhere....maybe not Florida?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Seat belts don't work 100% of the time. Let's get them all removed. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Or the great hunters. Seriously, why does no one ever acknowledge an awesome hunter?!?
    Great Hunters are like Unicorns. We hear about them, but never see them. Are we sure they exist?

Man looks intense.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Seat belts don't work 100% of the time. Let's get them all removed. lol
    I'm sorry you confused a joke for an argument. lighten up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with these people?
    Must be something in the local water supply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it bad that I'm disappointed that this story is "regular person crazy" and not "Florida crazy"? Before I read the rest of the title I was hoping for something like "shoots up woman's house for refusing to play Barbies with him" or something equally Florida-ridiculous

- - - Updated - - -

I think folks just like to single out Florida for some odd reason. Stuff like this happens all over the US. You're never going to convince me Florida has it worse than Cali. In backwoods KY, a boyfriend & girlfriend go to another girls house to get a TV back, things go sideways and dude starts spraying down the place with his 9mm and ends up killing his own girlfriend in the process. He was the only one with a gun. That never made it to MMO-C
    My point right here! Regular person crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    [IMG]http://crimefeed.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Howard-Sparber-mug-shot-from-Sumter-County-Detention-Center-database.jpg[IMG]

Man looks intense.
    Holy, those are some crazy eyes right there
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Should be very clear now that you don't reject a man's sexual advances.
    When will people learn.
    Ye i mean... they should just let him get the job done, have a cola and fuck off. No need to get all homicidal about it.

*SARCASM ALERT*

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    My point right here! Regular person crazy.
    So you have levels of crazy and Florida is the pinnacle of it? Do you have a citation book and you go around to the Florida level crazy people and hand them the citation that says "If you keep up this level of crazy, You must move to Florida"?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have levels of crazy and Florida is the pinnacle of it? Do you have a citation book and you go around to the Florida level crazy people and hand them the citation that says "If you keep up this level of crazy, You must move to Florida"?
    Nah, not levels like that, I'd say killing a person over something stupid and petty is crazier than throwing an alligator through a drive-thru window, but the alligator story is the funnier and more bizarre kind of crazy! But yes, all the bizarre crazy people should move to Florida so they can be kept in one place and continue to give us stories that we can call "Florida Man".
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Nah, not levels like that, I'd say killing a person over something stupid and petty is crazier than throwing an alligator through a drive-thru window, but the alligator story is the funnier and more bizarre kind of crazy! But yes, all the bizarre crazy people should move to Florida so they can be kept in one place and continue to give us stories that we can call "Florida Man".
    Killing someone over a TV, not crazy, just dumb

Killing your own girlfriend in a hail of panic bullets when you are the only one with a gun. Now that's some special crazy. I bet he was holding the gun sideways too.

I'll agree, throwing an alligator through the drive through is a ROFL kinda crazy. Did you see the video of the woman going nuts at McDonald's drive thru over nuggets and threaten to assume her true form? Not in Florida, but should be required to move.

It's funny because the people who were at that sit in fighting gun legislation had armed guards outside the door.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing someone over a TV, not crazy, just dumb

Killing your own girlfriend in a hail of panic bullets when you are the only one with a gun. Now that's some special crazy. I bet he was holding the gun sideways too.

I'll agree, throwing an alligator through the drive through is a ROFL kinda crazy. Did you see the video of the woman going nuts at McDonald's drive thru over nuggets and threaten to assume her true form? Not in Florida, but should be required to move.
    Ah yes, the nuggets lady, good times.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Florida Man is surely running wild, so many stories almost daily, when will they stop him already?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That Florida Man is surely running wild, so many stories almost daily, when will they stop him already?
    He is too powerful. We do not have the technology to stop him.