Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Majority of the WoW playerbase has become allergic to effort and meeting a standard of play. You give them a lot of content with valid rewards, they say it takes too long, you shorten it, then they complain about having nothing to do, you try to give them a hurdle, but make it relatively quick, they complain it's too hard. There is no win, Blizzard needs to meet the expectations of those who can be appeased, the rest will still complain, but follow anyway.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    The Majority of the WoW playerbase has become allergic to effort and meeting a standard of play. You give them a lot of content with valid rewards, they say it takes too long, you shorten it, then they complain about having nothing to do, you try to give them a hurdle, but make it relatively quick, they complain it's too hard. There is no win, Blizzard needs to meet the expectations of those who can be appeased, the rest will still complain, but follow anyway.
    The obvious solution is to separate them, but not to deny either types of players a chance to experience the content, or rewards. Nobody likes playing with others whose expectations don't line up with their own.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster View Post
    My issue with mythic dungeons is simple: I only have two friends left who play. I don't want to have to play with other people as I find a big percentage of them to be rage-filled nerdy guys who lack basic social skills.
    You only have two friends in a game that has millions of players? And then you comment on other people lacking basic social skills? WTF.

And seriously, why do you even choose an MMO as your game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Anyone who played Cata heroics on launch with randoms know why Blizzard remove harder content from automatic group finding system. You know, to avoid anger, misery and desperation rolling in their players.
    The nerfs were a sad time. It was the first time in my history of playing the game that I saw a lot of friends take a break. The nerf to FL during 4.2 was what drove me out of the game for the first time. So much potential.... crushed.

People still have friends who play WoW? Well good for you, all mine quitted long ago into the drought.

People don't like this change? I don't see why it matters. MC baseline shouldn't be too hard, and surely nobody random queues for achieves? Makes sense as a definition to me.

My issue with mythic dungeons is simple: I only have two friends left who play. I don't want to have to play with other people as I find a big percentage of them to be rage-filled nerdy guys who lack basic social skills.
    Then don't??? You have a CHOICE you know... If you do not want to do something, DO NOT DO IT!

Also, if the requirement was still for Heroic Dungeons, that would mean you are still being queued with random people but only worse because you cannot pick and choose who you want in your group... So... How is this a negative thing again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    So you want to be able to queue with a bunch of randoms and be able to complete all the achieves for the mount with ease?
    Is that what he said? No, it's not. Don't be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Is that what he said? No, it's not. Don't be an ass.
    Pfft, the language you use is different, it's "cleaned up", but the desired effect is the same. Claim it's too hard, don't say you want something easy, make excuses why you can't elevate your own play until it really is that easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Pfft, the language you use is different, it's "cleaned up", but the desired effect is the same. Claim it's too hard, don't say you want something easy, make excuses why you can't elevate your own play until it really is that easy.
    Read the quote again. Don't put your own words there, read just what the poster said.

15+ Year Old Account
    But how are you doing Heroic dungeons then? So its fine to play with a big percentage who you call rage-filled nerdy guys who lack basic social skills for Heroic content but its not okay for Mythic content. Your incorrect stereotype aside that is self defeating logic.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Saw this lovely little bit that a blue replied to on the front page. What are yall's opinions? I personally find having to work a little bit and do mythic dungeons to get rewards a good reason to do them. The OP from this post literally complained that you have to work for a transmog class armor set...Why? What the hell is so wrong with actually having to have a little bit of skill in current content to get rewards from them? Ever since Blizzard went a little daily heavy in MoP I'm constantly seeing nothing but whining about working for stuff in game whether its gold, mounts, or transmog gear.
    Is there even a reward attached to Dungeon Hero? It didn't seem like it.

Honestly, with the party finder, getting randoms for mythic dungeons should be pretty straightforward. I really wish WoW would steal FFXIV's clear bonus to encourage getting new players into the raiding/organized group scene.

I'm kinda torn. As I said in a different post, this just seems a bit forced. It seems they really want Mythic dungeons to be a big hit with everyone and so they are going to try and push as many people as possible into them. If I give way to my conspiracy theory side, I'd say they'll post numbers showing high Mythic dungeon participation, skipping the fact that they kinda made Mythic a requirement.

On the flip side, this may be some other approach to showing the anti-LFG crowd that even when push\forced\whatever term the player base prefers LFG over awesome cool social feature of creating our own groups and of course making new best friends in the world, even when rewards previously tied to heroic are tied to mythic.

I really feel this is just another attempt at trying to make players socialize just for the sake of it. I'm always against forced socialization

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Read the quote again. Don't put your own words there, read just what the poster said.
    I did, it's unfortunate if that is the case, but cases like his are few and far between. He needs to make friends that will help him see through this content and he probably could if he just asked around. I was known to help people with their LK kills back in wrath and would gladly do that kind of stuff again given the chance, I couldn't have been the only one. But that aside, what's your excuse, all I see is someone using his misfortune to get easy rewards. C'mon big man, he's got two friends, we're two more, we'll help him do mythic dungeons, whaddya say?
    Last edited by Xada; 2016-06-24 at 06:17 PM.

I have no idea how the changes in "Legion" will affect my play, but I am at-best an average player. Arthritis and back issues have affected my dexterity and ability to concentrate. Aging sucks that way. So I am probably not good enough to do mythic dungeons anyway.
    What's stopping you from making new friends?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    What's stopping you from making new friends?
    I'm concluding, based on his post, that he's a "nerdy guy who lacks basic social skills."

It's an MMO. If you don't like time investment or socializing, don't play MMOs. Simply put. Play some single player games you can beat in a sitting, alone.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I'm concluding, based on his post, that he's a "nerdy guy who lacks basic social skills."
    Baffles me that people play an MMO and remain so secluded...

This kind of complaint typically stems from concern that the game is headed in a direction that makes more content and rewards exclusive to more skilled players. While most reasonable people would agree that having a certain amount of exclusive content is a very important part of any game that caters to a variety of skill levels, it's also important that there be options for everyone, and feeling "locked out" of anything is always sucky.

One thing that I think a lot of WoW's more hardcore audience don't understand is that a huge amount of gamers simply do not have the "git gud" mindset. That sense of achievement and accomplishment is not something these players get -- or even want -- out of video games. They are comfortable being at their own skill level, and putting in more time and effort brings more frustration to them than it's worth. For these types of players, a brick wall will make them turn around and do something else rather than inspiring them to climb over it.

There's nothing wrong with that mindset, and it's important to recognise that it's just one player archetype of many. WoW has always aimed to appeal to a wide audience, so taking all of these considerations into account is important. What matters to more hardcore players may not matter to everyone, it's just a case of personal preference.

Not to say that I agree with the post quoted in the OP, since I think Legion seems to be striking a good balance between rewarding players of all skill levels appropriately, but it's not a case of said poster's views being wrong or invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Blizzard opened the door to casuals some years ago.

Now the game is full of whiners asking to nerf everything or make everything accessible with one click because they want all possible rewards/achievements/skins the game can offer (because of the "I pay, I'm entitled to it" mentality) but they don't want to put the effort to get them because they "don't have time".
    Casuals are Cancer for every mmo. They eaten WoW from within the past 8 Years, from wotlk till Grarrisonville

Rewards aren't rewards if they aren't worked for. Welcome back old WoW, we missed you. (I might be saying this too early, hope I didn't jinx it)