Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Has anyone been trying Glacial Advance on the most recent builds? Seems the radius is smaller for the spikes and it seems to hit more consistantly and feel less clunky. Either that or i'm more experienced with it but ... need a second opinion...

Still the damage is OK for just one rune, but i feel it needs to do a lot more damage to be worth the hassle of thinking on the positioning, and ofc for single target is extremely "meh". For AOE is just yet another button to press and it feels it doesnt pack enough punch to make it stand in the middle of all the other options we have for AOE.

Could be fixed if the damage is tuned upwards but still, hard to justify this new button. Shame, because i realy realy like its animation and fantasy feel.

Add damage to make it worth it and a little stun/disorient ? i can only wish.

Anyone else has an opinion for Glacial advance ?
    I'm not sure how much they could buff it, as it's Frost's hardest hitting ability right now.

Note: This is from testing a 100 template character with the basic 680 starting gear on the ptr, and obviously no artifact. Still, Glacial Spike does by far the most damage. The only thing that comes remotely close is a Freezing Fog Rime-proc Howling Blast, which does about 70% the damage of a Glacial Spike. So I don't think it's damage is that bad. The straight line is weird though. I think it would be better/cooler if it was a straight line that went out from every direction from you. Maybe have to nerf the damage a bit if they did this, but it would be more useful.
    Last edited by Coffeh; 2016-06-22 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrizarri View Post
    WHAT A NERF!!!

Especially Hypothermia, Frozen Soul.. has been nerfed to the point where their impact is non existent.

Hypothermia lost it's synergy with Freezing Fog
    Frozen Soul lost it's syngergy with Gathering Storm.

Icy talons+Freezing fog+avalanche+runic attenuation+obliteration damage on 112 pvp dummy went from 185k to 152k..

May be a tuning issue but razorice nerf and frozen soul mechanic change/nerf is huge. I AM SPEECHLESS
    It was a fixing issue, now Frozen Soul actually works like its tooltip says, more mobs hit during its duration the bigger explosion. Instead of just a stack every tick.
    Woo damage went down with bugfixes? The sky is falling!?!! PICNIC!!! >.>

Hypothermia is also a good change, cos they can tune the damage up and down individually now without suddenly making Frost Fever the highest hitting dot making Unholy cry a river.

Are they unimpressive traits? Sure, but there's still up and down tuning that can happen.
    The sky isn't falling.

whats the optimal artifact trait path for spending AP?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    whats the optimal artifact trait path for spending AP?
    As it is you propably should go for Frozen Soul. That might change with SF-tuning though.

Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    Its alright...the only big change I dont like is the remove of instant Healing abilities.
    Since I was spec'd for Death Pact, it was great to have a 50% instant heal up my sleeve...saved my ass countless of times in raids and soloing content.
    And now all I have is Death Strike for a lame ass 7% heal...that costs 40 runic power...like firstly, 7% is gonna do jack-shit to help me, and secondly...40 RUNIC POWER? like really? I tried healing myself against a tough elite mob with Blood Strike and I just couldn't heal at all...got like one strike...ran out of runic...couldn't get enough time to generate more and easily died...
    Normaly, If I had low health with a mob I could just instant cast Death Pact for a 50% heal, use Empowered Rune Weapon and get about 3 Death Strikes that could heal me up another 30% in total. So thats about a 70-80% total heal in about 5 seconds flat. Massive difference now.
    Surprise surprise that DPS specs shouldn't survive against strong elite mobs. Even then we're totally fine as is and can last longer than a lot of the other melee specs, especially compared to Unholy.
    If you only had 40 runic and thus was only able to cast one DS, that's on your bad planning not something against the spec. Frost overflows in resources, it's not hard at all to have 60+ runic on average.

Boss dummy is different. We have been nerfed to the Uh levels,but I find their utility to be much better.

We have come to the point where we literally have no big milestones in our artifact tree.
    Hypothermia and Frozen Soul are still great milestones. AMS canceling Magic debuffs is a great utility tool. Adding 8 yards to FS's range to make it 13 yards is actually very handy and a great trait to get. SF will also be a huge milestone when it's tuned correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frozen Soul is not a tooltip fix it is a core mechanic change. Old tooltip was accurate with the mechanic that it does.

I would like to have the old way with %Ap to add scaling to the trait. Fixed 5k was questionable.

Frozen soul also does not work with GS meaning it explodes on the default RW duration instead of the extended one.

I see that blizz tried to nerf the synergy between traits and talents but such synergy exist in so many classes, specs so I wonder, why?

Deleted
    Judging by the tooltip, I think FS not lasting until the end of the extended RW with GS is more of an oversight/bug than intended behavior.

No Frozen Soul didn't have a core mechanic change. It's accurate to its tooltip now. It's always said increases by 100% per enemy hit, and never actually did that until now. They fixed it, nothing more. It's likely bugged right now since they just fixed it and it doesn't work with Gathering Storm right now is all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    No Frozen Soul didn't have a core mechanic change. It's accurate to its tooltip now. It's always said increases by 100% per enemy hit, and never actually did that until now. They fixed it, nothing more. It's likely bugged right now since they just fixed it and it doesn't work with Gathering Storm right now is all
    Past tooltip was increase damage with each enemy hit, now it is changed to additional enemy hit. Small gamewords like they did with Mirror's Ball that have huge impact.

Let's hope it will be tuned properly. An Artifact Major trait that does %0.5 damage in total, given that RW was being used whenever possible.

RW with Freezing Fog is actually a damage loss on single target atm, and without RW not much "Frost" feel for me in terms of fantasy.

Past tooltip was increase damage with each enemy hit, now it is changed to additional enemy hit. Small gamewords like they did with Mirror's Ball that have huge impact.

Let's hope it will be tuned properly. An Artifact Major trait that does %0.5 damage in total, given that RW was being used whenever possible.

RW with Freezing Fog is actually a damage loss on single target atm, and without RW not much "Frost" feel for me in terms of fantasy.
    Frozen Soul right now with it's current tuning does plenty of damage, just not in single target, which is how it should be. Get a big pack of trash or such, it hits hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frozen Soul right now with it's current tuning does plenty of damage, just not in single target, which is how it should be. Get a big pack of trash or such, it hits hard.
    Joking? 1.7% of total damage in 3 target cleave. If this pushes RW to AoE only ability, overall contribution will be even less.

Joking? 1.7% of total damage in 3 target cleave. If this pushes RW to AoE only ability, overall contribution will be even less.
    It's been intended as an aoe only ability for a LONG time. Celestalon said so months ago that it should only be used on aoe, it being overturned right now doesn't change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been intended as an aoe only ability for a LONG time. Celestalon said so months ago that it should only be used on aoe, it being overturned right now doesn't change that.
    Still, 0.5% damage per target sounds plenty?

This is a major trait remember, there are minor traits contributing to the performence more.

So I read this thread sporadically and I might have missed something about it, but is it common knowledge that KM Obliterate's have a 100% Rime procrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I'm not sure how much they could buff it, as it's Frost's hardest hitting ability right now.

Note: This is from testing a 100 template character with the basic 680 starting gear on the ptr, and obviously no artifact. Still, Glacial Spike does by far the most damage. The only thing that comes remotely close is a Freezing Fog Rime-proc Howling Blast, which does about 70% the damage of a Glacial Spike. So I don't think it's damage is that bad. The straight line is weird though. I think it would be better/cooler if it was a straight line that went out from every direction from you. Maybe have to nerf the damage a bit if they did this, but it would be more useful.
    Frost Strike with Shattering Strikes is the hardest hitting ability.

Still, 0.5% damage per target sounds plenty?

This is a major trait remember, there are minor traits contributing to the performence more.
    Overall it does 8-10% damage on an aoe pull. Less if you take Avalanche and Frostsythe Cus that combo is ridiculous. That is plenty for what it is right now.
    Even then remember that tuning isn't done.

Quote Originally Posted by snowden3j View Post
    So I read this thread sporadically and I might have missed something about it, but is it common knowledge that KM Obliterate's have a 100% Rime procrate?
    This is untrue. Have had plenty of KMs where Rime doesn't proc. Specially as I'm climbing in crit and getting more often KM procs.

This is untrue. Have had plenty of KMs where Rime doesn't proc. Specially as I'm climbing in crit and getting more often KM procs.
    Just went back to check and you're definitely right, I must've had a truly extraordinary run. In any case, Rime is definitely proccing more than 45% of the time. I'm guessing maybe it's 45% for each hand, meaning ~70% per OB?

Just went back to check and you're definitely right, I must've had a truly extraordinary run. In any case, Rime is definitely proccing more than 45% of the time. I'm guessing maybe it's 45% for each hand, meaning ~70% per OB?
    I don't think it's as high as 70%, but I agree there are times where I feel like it's proccing too often. I'll get 5-6 back to back, which is good damage and all but just feels disruptive to your runes/runic flow.

I feel like it absolutely proc's more than live, however it's a major mechanic now versus just a bonus. Will become even crazier with set bonuses.

I, for one, am ok with DPS and tank ability to self-heal getting nerfed hard core. I'm sorry but nobody should be able to solo current-expansion raids, and no DPS should be able to regularly heal themselves as to avoid certain mechanics