The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Singapore has many admirable traits.
    Well, that is telling. Will you like it when the dictator starts making rulings you don't like. Like practically banning abortion among other things Singapore is notable for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    I think you have it all wrong the UK just rejected the EU not the other way around which gives you plenty of leeway to make this into an anti British movement. In a divorce the side that gets dumped is usually very bitter.
    And in a messy divorce, no one wins out. Especially the bitter party. It's burning down the house, rather than handing it over.

A few minutes of vindication, followed by years of regret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    I think you have it all wrong the UK just rejected the EU not the other way around which gives you plenty of leeway to make this into an anti British movement. In a divorce the side that gets dumped is usually very bitter.
    The issue is that the EU needs to counter the likes of Le Pen in France and treating the UK harshly would just be proving their points about the EU.

This leave vote will cause enough problems as it is without creating a martyr of the UK, all you would be showing is that the EU is using force to maintain itself and destroy any pretence of a willing union.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    That is what a referendum is for, yet you are staunchly opposed to them.
    'Social interest' and 'direct democracy' aren't synonymous.

No most problems are caused by over centralisation of power on the EU level.
    Then you clearly have no idea how the EU works.

You seem to be confusing your opinions with facts. For example, if Merkel didn't think she could use the EU to force other countries to take refugees, the "we cna do this" debacle would likely have not happened.
    Britain was exempt from refugee quotes, point in fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Well, that is telling. Will you like it when the dictator starts making rulings you don't like. Like practically banning abortion among other things Singapore is notable for.
    Well, he did say many, not all of them

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    I think you confuse, deal with the UK as if it were anyone else, and treating them harshly.
    the EU wont be mean to the UK, it will just negotiate the same way the Eurozone negotiated with Greece - exploiting its leverage.
    Was not Greece part of the EU? So I guess European Solidarity is a complete joke, and not just kind of a joke?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

when news like this comes out. stuff gets hilarious and sad.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...g-to-leave-it/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    I think any deal that is worse then what the UK has now will be seen as a punishment. The UK will never get the same deals as if they were a member...
    We aren't asking for that, what we want is something similar to what Switzerland or Norway currently have. But people are making out like we won't even get that, and we'll be punished. That is what i'm arguing against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why I didn't say 'exactly like Singapore'.

Quote Originally Posted by elyetra View Post
    So the EU is so great that escape needs to be harshly penalized? Sounds like a prison to me, and you wonder why people want to escape.

Alienating a country that is a major contributor to defending the EU's eastern border doesn't sound the brightest thing to do.

Then again, it's the EU.
    Penalised? I mean I do not actually expect a sub 10 post poster to make a quality post, but let me explain something to you. The UK isn't entitled to this membership or the special treatment they get. They get them, because the EU wanted them to have it. It's a PRIVILEGE that the UK should be fucking thankful for. What you're calling "penalising" is what Norway calls "the only deal we got" or Gambia calls "I wish I had that kind of a deal with the EU". That's business from the other side of the EU border. So, if you want out, and you vote out, and the decision is out.. then, get the fuck out! And stop begging me for handouts on your way to the door or.. lol, call me penalising you when I tell you to get the fuck out.

The only country that has alienated anyone is the UK. For the past 30 fucking years. And some people are thoroughly sick of their antics. But hey, you can involve NATO in this, it has nothing to do with it but you are losing the argument on the EU side, so why not give you that chance to save face...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Singapore has many admirable traits.
    Isn't an island city state the very opposite of large scale centralization that you want?

Please google before you make claims like that.

http://www.aware.org.sg/abortion/
    Last edited by padie; 2016-06-24 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Nope - The treaty says that the country wishing to leave must inform the EU.
    Inform is not defined.
    They could take Cameron's speech where he talked about the vote and said 'it must be respected' - In short, the EU can deem it self notified whenever it so whishes.
    No it cannot do that. There will have to be an official notification, not one line in a resignation speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    countries recover from recessions.

yes, we'll have 8-10 years of "hard ship" however afterwards we'll be great.

we are making UK great again, just like trump is hoping to make america great again
    Yes, they do; they are never better off than they would have been without the recession. Google pedestal unemployment.

But let me guess; Sun magazine trumps economics, huh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    You are aware that people want to leave this Frankfurt School organization because it threatens their nations, right?
    I'm aware people are fully capable of voting against their interests.

Deleted
    Only because the EU hasn't decided to boot you out yet.
    And if that happens, it happens. Then we just start negotiations while we are out, instead of having it all sorted while we are still in, which would be better for everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Well, he did say many, not all of them
    Everyone assumes a dictatorship would be great if they were the dictator. What happens when things change?

I mean even the glorious and obviously perfect and infallible EU Commission could for example turn on Labour. Corbyn and companies big selling point was mainly that the EU prevented democratically elected but conservative governments from enacting policies Labour doesn't like. But that presumes the EU Commission will always give goodies to Labour, or even is that strong for Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    And once again, I voted to Remain. I am arguing against people stating that the UK should be punished for exercising democracy, I am not not arguing that Leave was correct, I don't think it was.
    And it shouldn't be, but it also shouldn't be given more than an even deal and it shouldn't be allowed to impinge on the democratic decisions of those who remain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What I find amusing is Europeans arguing with people who numerous times said they voted REMAIN
    Maybe you should read their posts then and you would discover the points that are argued about aren't whether the UK should remain or leave anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    Its not illegal no, but they have tried to curb it as much as possible to reverse their declining fertility, or maybe Singapore has given up on that program. I just recall previously they had tried to restrict abortion as much as possible in order to help prevent their declining Birth Rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Isn't an island city state the very opposite of large scale centralization that you want?
    Please do elaborate how saying Singaporean government has many admirable traits means 'I think everyone should be an island city state'.