Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Step 1: Take an ordinary picture or use a picture from a popular movie or TV show for increased effect.
    Step 2: Add a red circle and/or red arrow(s) pointing to some random part of the picture
    Step 3: Claim that the viewer missed some obscure detail and that they won't believe it
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: Profit!

Well my brother watches enough WatchMojo to the point that I don't want to see, read, or hear "top 10" for the next couple decades.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by FrothyMug View Post
    Step 1: Take an ordinary picture or use a picture from a popular movie or TV show for increased effect.
    Step 2: Add a red circle and/or red arrow(s) pointing to some random part of the picture
    Step 3: Claim that the viewer missed some obscure detail and that they won't believe it
    Step 4: ???
    Step 5: Profit!
    You mean like this? Where's my money!

Click-bait usually has some sort of hook that compels people to click stuff. It's not just "top ten things of a time" but "the 10 most unbelievable things of a time (number 7 will blown your mind!)"

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    ........new?
    Beat me to it.

Are top 10s the new clickbait? Click here to find out. You won't believe what some people are saying!

I actually like Top 10 List videos, I've discovered some great TV shows, Animes and Movies because of them. I started watching Rick and Morty (one of my favorite shows) after seeing it on a few Top 10 Lists.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, you new to the Internet? Also there are some good list out there. I really like listverse. It used to be better but its still pretty good.

Also

THE SECRETS OF CLICKBAITING REVEALED. CLICKBAITERS HATE THIS GUY
    Last edited by PACOX; 2016-06-24 at 06:31 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen an article once from, I think, XIX century, which listed 10 ways to fight for one's rights. I don't think Internet was around back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone discovered the internet?

now rather seriously trying.

Top 10s - click bait? Yes and No.
    It really depends on the source.
    Say for example, Willy Wanker makes a top 10 list of bands he likes the most, on any of the ranking sites, that's hardly a click bait.
    But if The Rolling Stone magazine places such list, the people will flock there like mad.
    So, it's actually a mixed bag, and context matters, just as much as content. Generally top 10s are an attractive content.
    But not always contextual important enough to draw thousands let alone millions of clicks.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."