Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    The nice thing about Hillary is that she won't say stuff like "Oh look at my African American!" or "Go ask The Gays" or "Ban Muslims!".

I know that plays well, for some reason, with some people who are supporting Trump... but most moderates, upon hearing that, go "WTF?"
    That has no bearing on this argument. I can't give 2 flying fucks what they both say, they are both morons in different ways.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I do not think there is divine providence that things will always be better than they are now. But what I can say for sure, is that things will always change.

And here is an actual doomsday I know will happen for certain. In the next ~5 Billion Years, the sun will have spent its hydrogen fuel. And before that the earth's magnetic field will fail, and we, and all complex life on this planet will end... In fact:

Earth's magnetic field flips more often
    http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20141...eld-flips-more
    The planet's magnetic field is becoming less stable. In the distant past it reversed direction every 5 million years, but now it does so every 200,000 years.

Earth’s magnetic field could flip within our lifetime – but don’t worry, we should be OK
    http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/1...e-should-be-ok

If we do nothing we die anyway. Might as well try to figure out how we can progress before that happens. And if we still all die, at least we tried, instead of just letting it happen and going into the night with a whimper.

I am not at all desiring; I see what is, and what could be. And I am not suffering, because I do not fear the good or the bad; suffering, being fearful of the future, or lamenting the past, won't stop it or bring it back. Suffering is also tied to expectations. The only thing I am expecting is change. That won't disappoint me.

Most of my posts on the science and tech stuff, are what could be, I am not "hoping" for things, I am just seeing them happen, and observing... and sometimes sharing it with people here.
    I think it is desiring some utopia in the future, I believe man will fight to survive and things will change but progress is largely up to ones interpretation. We may develop newer technology but I do not foresee it radically changing Humans whom have not changed internally in thousands of years. To put it bluntly, you can give a primate a suite and tie, give him a lamp and a cigar, but in the end he is still an ape, though a classy as fuck ape.

I expect things will change, but I do not believe in "progress," in the sense that things always become better, or that this is a constant rule. I am hopeful that technology may improve things, but I am also aware of humanity and its needs and its nature being wild and primal deep down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

It does have a bit of a bearing, when talking about unfavorables. What they say is heard by people. Hillary won't say stuff like that, so by that virtue alone, she has less people that dislike her. The people that really dislike her are republicans and liberals that tend to be political junkies, or just remember all the shady stuff that has gone on in her past. Most voters ignore the email/Benghazi scandals, and are not policy hawks.

They just hear Trump being recorded as saying dumb stuff on TV or Radio, and react. Hillary may win by not saying anything at all (being less in the spotlight) and just play the TV ads of Trump saying the stuff he says.

Do I like that? No... I think the Republicans having a good Candidate up also gives incentives for the Democrats to actually compete instead of putting up empty shils.
    Stuff you are me consider dumb is loved by others. Trump is Crazy, Hillary is a Crook either way we're fucked thanks to the 2 party system

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Trump is worse by a small margin, an margin that is consistently changing, neither side is liked neither side is doing it right.
    Honestly, it reads like you're trying to hand-wave it away when it's been pretty consistent for a while now. Neither is liked, but Trump has consistently been disliked more. Neither is polling super strong with likely voters, but Hillary consistently polls higher than Trump. The difference between the two in both polls varies, but their positions relative to each other remains the same.

Neither side is liked, but Hillary is "winning/doing it better" but being disliked less. In the end, when it comes to getting elected you just need to be disliked less than the other candidate.

TLDR: Both are shit, Hillary is just slightly less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    TLDR: Both are shit, Hillary is just slightly less shit.
    This is pretty much what I have been saying from the start, shes slightly disliked less.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said "Whatever Clinton is, the numbers show Trump is worse. That's not a winning formula. " Trump is worse by 5.6% which implied Hillary wasn't in the same situation which she pretty much is. That's the bullshit I corrected, and that's what none of you choose to acknowledge.
    Uhm... That doesn't contradict his statement... You are confusing not disputing, with refusing to acknowledge. No one was saying that Hilary doesn't have an unfavorable rating, just that Trump's is worse.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Can we just ignore the obvious Donald Dump thread derailing supporter? For christs sake he has an Obama miss-quote out of context as his sig to imply he's somehow a secret muslim terrorist - and only one candidate promotes that stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty much what I have been saying from the start, shes slightly disliked less.
    Here is what you actually said before changing your tune to Hilary is also bad, which no one claimed she wasn't nor has anyone disputed:

It's not like you can manipulate the polling data with the way the question is worded, right?
    Almost as dumb as the bullshit numbers you posted at 60-70% not favorable?
    You resulting to insults is nothing new, but ill be the bigger man and just prove you wrong with facts. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...nton-5491.html

if you get 60-70% out of that, I suggest you go punch your math teacher.
    I'm not a Trump supporter... But hey keep spreading ignorant lies if you like

Sorry, but it's you who doesn't understand, I forgot you can't post links to back up all the claims you make on all your post. My bad ill just take your word for it
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Here is what you actually said before changing your tune to Hilary is also bad, which no one claimed she wasn't nor has anyone disputed:
    Oh look you continue to ignore my replies and cherry pick to make up your own story, and it's the second time you did it even after I corrected you. I am getting tired of fixing your mistakes.

It's a much bigger gap than head to head polls suggest. Clinton will win almost every group by a substantial margin. The only group that will be close is white males without a college education.

But hey, just push aside browns and blacks. Forget lgbt and all the other demos. Just consider women. In 2012 they were 53% of the vote. Obama won them by 12%. What the fuck do you think is gonna happen this time? Especially if Warren is VP.

The worst thing Romney ever said or did was, "binders full of women". Just let that sink in.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2016-06-24 at 06:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except that's factually correct. She's bad, Trump is worse when it comes to unfavorability polling. The "winning formula" in this case being, "Be disliked less than Trump." which she's nailing. She's not liked, but she doesn't have to be based on this benchmark. Just that she's disliked less.
    The moderates on the left aren't going to side with the authoritarian left.

I really can't believe you hate the idea of losing control of the political narrative so much that you'd vote for that demon Hillary over Trump.

But whatever. All the skeletons come out soon. We'll see who has higher unfavorables then. If Bernie expects his supporters to tow the line and follow Hillary then he will lose a lot of support as well. I see some statist libertarians running now as well. They must want the Bernie voters who don't support Hillary.

At this point it's just a numbers game really. Trump just needs 55-60% of the country on his side. Feel free to support Hillary. You won't be able to control her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Can we just ignore the obvious Donald Dump thread derailing supporter? For christs sake he has an Obama miss-quote out of context as his sig to imply he's somehow a secret muslim terrorist - and only one candidate promotes that stupidity.
    I enjoy arguing with people who have a superiority complex...

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh look you continue to ignore my replies and cherry pick to make up your own story, and it's the second time you did it even after I corrected you. I am getting tired of fixing your mistakes.
    Lol Your own words are his mistake? Trump is that you?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't cherry pick... Literally every single one of your posts prior to saying Hilary is just as bad. Feel free to do as I did and post what I omitted between you starting questioning unfavorable number validity to the point you brought up Hilary. Here is your golden opportunity to show I am cherry picking or in any way being dishonest. If I change that post, there will be a time stamp and edit indication. This is your chance to show the forum the sort of underhanded bullshit you accuse me of. Ready... Set... Go!

...Garian just claimed that Hillary is less controlable than Donald Dump. Wow...

Projecting your current Republican fears of Dump onto Clinton isn't going to work. Your own party is crying over the fact hes acting on hos own like a rabid baboon...

Deleted
    Your head is going to explode if Trump wins. You should calm down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Lol Your own words are his mistake? Trump is that you?
    Ever heard of context and order? All you can do is sling mud because you have no substance in your words

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't cherry pick... Literally every single one of your posts prior to saying Hilary is just as bad. Feel free to do as I did and post what I omitted between you starting questioning unfavorable number validity to the point you brought up Hilary. Here is your golden opportunity to show I am cherry picking or in any way being dishonest. If I change that post, there will be a time stamp and edit indication. This is your chance to show the forum the sort of underhanded bullshit you accuse me of. Ready... Set... Go!
    4 Replies out of the countless correction attacks you guys have thrown at me, yeah you didn't cherry pick at all.

7+ Year Old Account
    ...Garian just claimed that Hillary is less controlable than Donald Dump. Wow...

Projecting your current Republican fears of Dump onto Clinton isn't going to work. Your own party is crying over the fact hes acting on hos own like a rabid baboon...
    It's amusing to say the least. But as usual they don't explain how they think they are going to do that. Voodoo dolls maybe? Pictures of him molesting puppies. I look forward to hear how they think they will do so.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Trump always rises in polls whenever he's debating, and right now he's not debating with Clinton. She's pointedly dodging him until she thinks she has enough ammo to combat the absolutely enormous amount of dirt Trump (and the FBI, as of late) has on her.

But let's be honest, what is she going to scrounge up? That five of his five hundred business went bankrupt? That he's not afraid to say what he thinks? Trump may indulge in the same loopholes other business moguls do, but on a personal level the guy is squeaky clean. He doesn't even drink alcohol. He cooks all of his food well-done. He is the poster boy for not taking risks, and compared to Hillary he's practically a saint.

The only hope Hillary has is using her ties in the media and political realms to pile on negative Trump press 24/7, as well as rake in the butthurt Republicans. But is that going to make her look good? All it really looks like is a corrupt system controlled by one group... which Trump can then point out any time he wants, making Hillary look like even more of a bad guy.

I enjoy arguing with people who have a superiority complex...
    /raises a finger

Ah, but....

/thinks about it

/drops finger

Good point :P