15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You outsource civil service to India? Haha, I knew the indian accent means some company wanted to save money and invest in shitty customer service rather than be professional about it, but heck, that's a new height of greed.
    Just wait until they start importing their curry!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The EU already said there will be no negotiations before withdrawal starts.
    so it's safe to assume that the new deals will be harsher to the UK. just for spite, i want a full trade embargo and very harsh inmigration policies, but it's not going to happen
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Your posts lead me to that belief. Or more accurately perhaps, you support democracy as long as people vote for what you want.
    He has explained previously how he thinks complex issues like this one shouldn't be decided with yes/no referendums but with other forms of democracy.
    People like to build strawmen though, because those are easier to attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    And what does the UK have to offer that would stand up against the threat of other countries leaving? where is your leverage aside from economic suicide by cutting yourself off entirely, these negotiations are going to be one sided.
    We have one of the largest economies in the world, that trades with all the other states to one degree or another and a border with a member state who depends on trade with us. We are also closely entwined with the economies of the EU, along with having mature markets in various sectors, most notably the financial sector. Plus a whole host of other features that make us an attractive business partner.

How do you not know this?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Are you for real with this?

So you want to sit here and claim the only people who search this are people who voted leave the day before a vote?

Are you for real with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    so it's safe to assume that the new deals will be harsher to the UK
    But hey, maybe they're bluffing to impress the UK's hard negotiators!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

ftse is back at 6200~

guess that apocalypse was short lived

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    bear in mind, 10% on a 60k car is a lot of money. dont be suprised if sales drop if it happens, but its a non issue as a tarrif wont even be applied. the only way it will is if we go back to WTO rules. which would be highly unlikely.
    Yes i know that its expensive thats one reason i know no one who can afford an Audi S6 or equivalent car with pure cash all my friends and family members who drive such cars are leasing them...i cant comment on that because im a Filthy VW Golf driver

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Your central bank just promised QE just to start, it only gets more desperate from there. If you retain your title as a financial center it will be at the cost of major economic loses in terms of tax cuts and incentives for foreign companies to stay. The British economy was already in slow growth this will tilt it over the edge.
    first off, they didnt. they said they were prepared for any eventuality. that's very different to starting QE. Given that we don't even know the current implications in the short and long term, they will not do anything yet other than watch.
    the British economy was still growing faster than that of the EU, so your point is redundant and the financial centre already gets substantial incentives. your just throwing shit to see what sticks without any actual fact.

we are less than 24hrs into this and people already seem to know whats going to happen in 3 years. can i borrow that magic ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Show how right they were to leave. If the EU cant respect a simple democratic decision without trying to crush them under its boot, then there wasnt much of an "union" in the first place. Just a glorified 4th reich.
    But they said they want to respect it, it is the UK who announced they would play for time now.

bear in mind, 10% on a 60k car is a lot of money. dont be suprised if sales drop if it happens, but its a non issue as a tarrif wont even be applied. the only way it will is if we go back to WTO rules. which would be highly unlikely.
    Think carefully about the subject for a second... you're talking about brand new upper middle class cars from BMW, Audi, Mercedes... Possibly Porsche. The people that can afford those cars will be able to afford 10% more on the price. Especially if it means the cars are more exclusive.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Actually its far from it. It also impinges on the democratic rights of the UK, and would be illegal under EU law. All we have said right now, is that we want to leave. Until WE say we are leaving. there is nothing they can do about it.
    you also forget that its a minimum two year period of negotiation on leaving. so we damn well will be voting still especially as we will still be bound by decisions made during that period.
    I don't understand the UK wants to leave and if the leave side was to believed as soon as possible, so why are they all hanging by this 2 year extension for dear life?

This is hilarious. But come on people, Brexit supporters are super informed.
    Sorry, but Google has no way of telling if the person doing the search was a Brexit supporter or not.

I do wonder how many brits that live abroad will drop their citizenship.

But hey, maybe they're bluffing to impress the UK's hard negotiators!
    They should get Trump, I hear he's got some mad negotiation skills!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, Farage certainly was clever when he implied leave would lose while the polling was still ongoing.
    That likely got all those protest voters to vote leave who wanted it to be as close as possible to stick it to the PM or to get a better exception from the next agreements.
    That wasn't it. He was helping his mates in the city make a buck.

He only "conceded" after the voting was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We have one of the largest economies in the world, that trades with all the other states to one degree or another and a border with a member state who depends on trade with us. We are also closely entwined with the economies of the EU, along with having mature markets in various sectors, most notably the financial sector. Plus a m-ywhole host of other features that make us an attractive business partner.

The financial sector is itching to leave unless you give them incentives, the trade deals work both ways but your cost is only going up from here you are currently no longer the world's 5th largest economy. Whatever leverage you think you have it is fading the longer this drags on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Sorry, but Google has no way of telling if the person doing the search was a Brexit supporter or not.
    they can, to a certain extent. with IP tracking they can pin if the location was from a brexit supporting zone or not.

and seriously, the UK must brace the new conditions, whatever they are (and i hope they're very harsh)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    We have one of the largest economies in the world, that trades with all the other states to one degree or another and a border with a member state who depends on trade with us. We are also closely entwined with the economies of the EU, along with having mature markets in various sectors, most notably the financial sector. Plus a whole host of other features that make us an attractive business partner.

Nigeria has a thriving economy, notably 404 scams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Then why did you quote me on that? lol
    To point out the hypocrisy. First you torpedo our efforts to make the EU more democratic. Then you bitch about how the EU is not democratic. And now you (not the UK, but you lot here) suggest a scheme where Malta and Cyprus might rig negotiations and use their veto power in favour of a country that isn't even a member of the EU any longer at that point. And when I point out the hypocrisy, you somehow imply that it's US that want these two specks on a map to have veto power?

This is surreal.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.