Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Because it's bullshit.

Men and women are different and not equal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Because the men's rights activists are really advocates for women, amirite?
    Btw stop brainwashing ur kids ur worse than phsycopathic religous cult leaders.

let ur kids chose for them selfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Gamergate is generally regarded as a misogynistic movement, I believe they were responsible for donating around 100k towards women's issues.
    I don't really think a 100k donation takes away from Gamergate's sub-rhetoric regarding women. And I base this on actually reading what people were posting online and in the Gamergate thread in these forums, which devolved into a lot of complaining about women for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

Basically, "women are ruining gaming" which was repellent to anyone who agreed with what Gamergate was supposed to be about, aka transparency and ethics in video game journalism.

I don't really think a 100k donation takes away from Gamergate's sub-rhetoric regarding women. And I base this on actually reading what people were posting online and in the Gamergate thread in these forums, which devolved into a lot of complaining about women for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

Basically, "women are ruining gaming" which was repellent to anyone who agreed with what Gamergate was supposed to be about, aka transparency and ethics in video game journalism.
    Your post wasn't about sub-rhetoric regarding women it was whether a MRA group advocates for women. Unless you are saying they are not MRA and in fact about ethics in gaming journalism which I would agree with.

Your post wasn't about sub-rhetoric regarding women it was whether a MRA group advocates for women. Unless you are saying they are not MRA and in fact about ethics in gaming journalism which I would agree with.
    I think that people who identified with Gamergate came from a variety of ideological backgrounds, which is why it was hard for the movement to separate itself from those who clearly had issues with women/feminists. Because that became a part of the narrative when it fact it shouldn't have been at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I think it depends on the sport. There are definitely differences in physical ability on average, so for sports where the things that are different matter, it would be unfair to put everyone in a single pool. For sports where strength and size are important, a woman who is every bit as talented and skilled relative to other women as the most talented and skilled men are relative to other men would likely not stick out at all in a mixed league, which ends up actually undermining appreciation for just how good she is. In sports where sex-based differences have little to no bearing on it, co-ed is the way to go.
    So we do accept the fact that women and men can have different levels of profficiency in some things, in this case sports?
    And that they are not actually equal?

This even is true for things like chess, or cyber sports.

Or is the physical ability the only possible initial difference between genders?

You're talking about a loud minority that latched onto the ethics argument to fight against SJWs. You see gamergate the same way they see SJW as women destroying video games. Lumping everyone together into a single entity is silly. You're not arguing against GG, you're arguing against the few irrational anti-SJWs. You're acting the same way they are acting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    You're a silly billy.
    Yes sorry but its midsommer here in sweden darkages are coming.

And we created the history of the west together so we are all focking evil demonds.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Equality is a fairy tale, made up crock if shit. We are not all equal, never will be. People are by very nature judgemental, arrogant and discriminatory beings. We suck.
    Doesn't suck to be a judgemental, discriminatory being and it only sucks being an arrogant one if the things you're arrogant about are unfounded.

Takes more guts in this world to hold to principles and beliefs while everyone is rolling with the times (aka subject to social and political persuasion) and if that makes you judgmental and discriminatory, so be it.

Your first two sentences are exactly right though, and there's no need to apologize or feel bad about that situation in life. Stupid Utopianism is stupid.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Good paper on why egalitarianism doesn't logically make sense as a value in and of itself.

http://www.owl232.net/equality.htm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Doesn't suck to be a judgemental, discriminatory being and it only sucks being an arrogant one if the things you're arrogant about are unfounded.

Takes more guts in this world to hold to principles and beliefs while everyone is rolling with the times (aka subject to social and political persuasion) and if that makes you judgmental and discriminatory, so be it.

Your first two sentences are exactly right though, and there's no need to apologize or feel bad about that situation in life. Stupid Utopianism is stupid.
    Man/woman u rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Good paper on why egalitarianism doesn't logically make sense as a value in and of itself.

http://www.owl232.net/equality.htm
    I reject the premise in that paper that "Worlds 2 and 3 are equally good"

Operative phrase: on average.

Anyway, differences in mental abilities are minute and are dwarfed by individual variation.
    On average a man is stronger, faster and more agile than a woman.
    And on average a woman usually gives birth more times than a man.

As for individual variations and mental ability - statistics tell us that men dominate the lists of Nobel prize winners, as well as authors of big publications in most renowned scientific journals.
    The Fields medal was only once awarded to a woman.

There are social reasons behind that apart from gender differences, especially in early 1900s, however I am quite sure that the discrepancy is still there now, when in a lot of countries (the Fields medal winner is from Iran for example) a girl can study and work among men without much problem.
    On the other hand the amount of men with mental abilities that are below average is higher, as well as alcoholics, drug addicts, serial killers etc.

The whole "everyone is equal" idea, however will label anyone that will try to make any kind of reliable study on the genetic differences between nations and genders a nazi or a woman/man hater.

Why?

Cause too many idiots still don't understand the term... OR they're aware of the term and are trying to use it improperly to their own ends.

I reject the premise in that paper that "Worlds 2 and 3 are equally good"
    That isn't a premise, that is what he is trying to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That isn't a premise, that is what he is trying to prove.
    His argument is

A=B --->premise
    B=C ---> premise
    Therefore A=C --->conclusion

If you ask yourself 'Why can't we be friends?' then you'd get the concept of answer as to why we can't be egalitarian.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    People often get the principle of equality wrong. Equality doesn't mean that there are no differences between genders, races, etc. Equality means actually the opposite: we recognize that we are all different and unique - and that we all deserve equally good treatment. Principle of equality is actually a praise to our differences, it is recognition of them and respecting them.

"Everyone is equal in everything" is the principle opposing equality; it means that there shouldn't be any differences between us, and if there are, then there is something wrong with us. It is the exact opposite extreme to absolute equality; it is belief that there is only one type of human that is "right", and everyone else is wrong and should be changed. It is more akin to social communism, and it has nothing to do with equality and egalitarianism.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    People often get the principle of equality wrong. Equality doesn't mean that there are no differences between genders, races, etc. Equality means actually the opposite: we recognize that we are all different and unique - and that we all deserve equally good treatment. Principle of equality is actually a praise to our differences, it is recognition of them and respecting them.

"Everyone is equal in everything" is the principle opposing equality; it means that there shouldn't be any differences between us, and if there are, then there is something wrong with us. It is the exact opposite extreme to absolute equality; it is belief that there is only one type of human that is "right", and everyone else is wrong and should be changed. It is more akin to social communism, and it has nothing to do with equality and egalitarianism.
    You are one of the most hardcore feminazis on mmo-champ but it seems u finally start to get that feminism suck wale dik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram View Post
    You are one of the most hardcore feminazis on mmo-champ but it seems u finally start to get that feminism suck wale dik.
    They say that after consuming enough alcohol, you are supposed to eat something, so the effects aren't that nasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.