Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    If the UK was such a pain, and such a whiner and slowing down the EU so much, then the EU should be happy that we've left. Surely?
    Sure, if not for the threat to sabotage the EU from now on until two years are up after they finally decide to "notify the EU".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Thousands of posts in this thread since last night. I wonder if there would be as much discussion if the vote had gone the other way.
    Definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You don't seem to know anything about history, why do you think the UK joined in the first place?
    Because Englands' paper pushing tyrants sought an alliance of infinite convenience with their counterparts elsewhere, pretty much the sole reason why things like this happen. It's not like the average citizen is gung ho about giving over their nation to foreign officials who only look at them as just another commodity and resource.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Definitely not.
    probably it would have been like "yay, sanity won"
    and a few pages afterwards, the thread is closed
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Well hurt feelings will be there, the EU is allegedly the greatest thing since ever, the most noble, most resplendent, most perfect endeavor of all human kind, how could the last and final idea, the absolutely flawless system be rejected by those vile heretics on those damp miserable islands?
    EU included UK to make a place for the whole Europe in the world. To be a major player on level of US or China. UK bailed on it despite all the special treatment it demanded from EU. So yeah, EU is salty. EU has the right to be salty. All the whining it had to take from UK turned out to be in vain. I expect that the situation between UK and EU will stabilize, but EU has the right to make UK suffer a bit for all this bs.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    you have decided already so trig that article 50 and live with consequences of our choice.
    You realise that the referendum is non binding, right? At the very least the uK can decide when they want to leave and you can wait.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    So the EU is held together by fear of what they will do if you leave, not a voluntary union of nations for the common good? Where was that in a treaty all the members signed, can you link it please?
    Speaking of things in treaties, freedom of movement says hello. But UK representatives that signed that were drunk apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

It is not goodwill, it is the self serving interest of the EU.

Trade deals are designed to serve the interests of both parties, the more successful the UK is the more business it can do with EU member states, the EU is not going to deliberately cripple itself in order to punish the UK, that would be retarded.
    Any your politicans will help it along with blackmail. So much for democracy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    but EU has the right to make UK suffer a bit for all this bs.
    Nasty lot. Sounds like a good place to leave then.

Deleted
    But why do you hate the entire financial sector for what some banks did? The company I worked for at the time never requested or received any bailout.
    You don't have to take a bailout. You all benefit from implicit subsidy.

If I bet on horses but the state promises to bail me out if I lose, I am going to make money either way eventually. This does not make betting on horses useful to society or the economy, I am a net drain on the state.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    You realise that the referendum is non binding, right? At the very least the uK can decide when they want to leave and you can wait.
    The EU should give UK an ultimatum to make the decision, 2 months max.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Please, it's ridiculous to think that England won't adapt and won't maintain the United Kingdom bit. Well, it might lose some of the U.K. but still all will be fine.

Those people voted for their own sake, for the country and sovereignty whether they realize it or not. There'll be some to lots of bumps in the road going forward but better to be your own nation rather than a part of the EU anyday.
    So why are you not leaving as fast as possible? why is the leave party now begging to keep everything the way it is? if you are better off on your own why bother with the EU at all put up your wall like Donald Trump and pretend the rest of the world does not exist.

I do find it historically fascinating, European Revolutionary spirit is finally becoming a True Revolution, in accordance to the definition of Revolution. Well actually it isn't, I follow what @Kalis has said on this, mainly that there will be bluster, hurt feelings and saber rattling but at the end of the day there isn't going to be some cruel Carthaginian peace imposed on the UK for daring to leave the Glorious Revolutionary EU.
    But there won't be an agreement that is all unicorn cum like some UK nationals are saying either, regardless of how strong UK negotiators may be. UK will end up in weaker position than it was before, making it an exercise in futility. EU doesn't have to do anything here, UK already did it to themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    If the brexit is the start of a chain reaction destroing EU, for sure england won't be immune to the economical crisis that would folow such event. Let's hope that EU can put down the raise in euroseptic, cause with UK leaving if they cannot figure out a way to show how important EU is and it start to break up, it's gona be fucking nasty for everyone inside or outside.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    EU included UK to make a place for the whole Europe in the world. To be a major player on level of US or China. UK bailed on it despite all the special treatment it demanded from EU. So yeah, EU is salty. EU has the right to be salty. All the whining it had to take from UK turned out to be in vain. I expect that the situation between UK and EU will stabilize, but EU has the right to make UK suffer a bit for all this bs.
    Wouldn't the EU be happy they don't have to deal with the odd ball in the group? I mean the UK has a different legal tradition and everything and was kind of a constant thorn in the side of the project? Why punish the UK? Its relatively a good thing they bailed for the EU project.

The only reason for punishment is basically Junker's pride, or someone's foolish pettiness. Its not even like leaving the EU is some unplanned thing, its even legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The EU should give UK an ultimatum to make the decision, 2 months max.
    I believe the 2yr starts when new Prime Minister is elected in October, then the new PM will have 2yr to sort this out.

Deleted
    The issue with immigrants was a much deeper class based issue. If you hire a maid you are for it, and probably pro-EU. After all its good business. If you happen to work as a maid? Well, that can change your opinion. But then again Technocrats never think of the consequences for the little people beneath them that they shovel into the furnace of alleged progress.
    I'm aware that there are complexities to the economics of immigration and situational negatives.

My impression of most brexiteers is that they didn't know and didn't care about that stuff, they just hated foreigners. There are, I am sure, some right and left-wing intellectuals whose position was more nuanced but they weren't representative.

Quote Originally Posted by elyetra View Post
    So basically no advantage with the EU?
    Go back 200 pages and you will find a list of the advantages. Several in fact. Repeating them all yet again would be just spam.

Quote Originally Posted by elyetra View Post
    Nasty lot. Sounds like a good place to leave then.
    Yeah, we are nasty for wanting a better position for Europe and its ppl and UK is pure and innocent for whining that EU tries to help its weaker members to make the whole stronger.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Don't you think for yourself?

Linking to libertarian nonsense which is a 100% American is pointless.
    Not an argument.