The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Greeks created the situation for themselves ... 10 years ago everyone was amazed how their system can work with those conditions and later on we learned the harsh truth. But the bottom line is EU didn't kick Greece out, it didn't give up on it; unlike UK.
    Ahhh glorious Solidarity, a real Brotherhood of Europe you got going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Yes because this is 206 BC and walls are still a very effective way to stop people....
    Ask Hungary about it, theirs did a pretty good job because it was built and manned appropriately. Either that or you can just continue being not smart, your choice.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    2 years start as soon as Britain invokes to start Article 50, the fact that Leave is blabbing all day about how there is no rush to do so is a clear sign they have no solid plan on what to do when they won, which is in itself worrying enough for British people.
    Not release french elections are coming up soon where the anti eu nation front party is set to win aka germany loosing its wing mad so to speak what helps the uk making a better deal. Plus not rushing into it gives more time to talk to other leaders before the clock starts. The eu want the uk to rush into it as it better for them to force it through but that why the uk should just chill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Scotland, North Ireland, and big cities in England Like London and others voted Remain, same with people aged 18-50 and people with a job or still studying.
    Leave mainly consisted of 50+ people, poor cities in England , people without a job and people who think they were bad off in the economy.

So yes in like 10 years most of the leave people will be in their grave leaving behind a mess and the '' omg they took our jewbs '' people will still be poor asses drinking cheap ass beer while complaining how England sucks even more outside the EU.
    That's obviously untrue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    You don't have to take a bailout. You all benefit from implicit subsidy.

If I bet on horses but the state promises to bail me out if I lose, I am going to make money either way eventually. This does not make betting on horses useful to society or the economy, I am a net drain on the state.
    The state never promised to bailout my company, nor would they as companies in my sector went to the wall. Nobody gave a shit about aviation insurance brokers going bust, they could just get their planes and helicopters insured elsewhere.

Most financial sector businesses were in the same position. It was the key players who the Government wanted to make sure did not fail, as that would have destroyed the economy and very few people own enough chickens to make barter a practical alternative for the UK economy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    If you don't believe in political reform, even as a remote possibility, then why take any interest in politics at all?

I believe the prospect of reforming the EU to be about the same as reforming the UK parliament.
    believing in political reform vs being told that reform will 100% not happen... very different things. many people I know, where leaning to remain in the hopes of reform. but when told point blank it wont happen what the fuck you expect them to do.

Also, we can petition and action reform of the UK decomatric system ourselves through proper channels. something that cannot be done with the EU.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's obviously untrue
    The argument there is simply the Eurocrats abandoned those people, what were the poor supposed to be greatful for the situation at hand, welcoming their demise with a happy heart?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Yeah, we are nasty for wanting a better position for Europe and its ppl and UK is pure and innocent for whining that EU tries to help its weaker members to make the whole stronger.
    Also Ukraine didn't really end up stronger after you helped them.

Obviously that's not your fault entirely, but it's partially down to EU stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Newsflash, the prime trade partner of the UK is the United State who is, another newsflash, not an EU member.
    Who made, newsflash, deals with the UK as member of the EU.

Deleted
    My god are EUropeans still foaming at the mouth? Thus far I have seen them lash out at REMAINERS and those outside the UK like pissed off cats

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    believing in political reform vs being told that reform will 100% not happen... very different things. many people I know, where leaning to remain in the hopes of reform. but when told point blank it wont happen what the fuck you expect them to do.

Also, we can petition and action reform of the UK decomatric system ourselves through proper channels. something that cannot be done with the EU.
    I don't think you can reform a bureaucracy with the blessing of its members.

Take it from me and you will save yourself a lot of time: the "proper channels" are just a control mechanism to prevent change, acting as a steam valve for dissent. Nothing really changes outside of political elites without the threat of at least implied violence.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Ask Hungary about it, theirs did a pretty good job because it was built and manned appropriately. Either that or you can just continue being not smart, your choice.
    First we already have a fence and it's rather ineffective versus more modern solutions which our border patrol are already using, second Hungary is just a hub on their way to Germany. Either way you can keep burying your head in 206 BC and come to 2016 where neither border patrol or immigration experts think a wall will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Wouldn't the EU be happy they don't have to deal with the odd ball in the group? I mean the UK has a different legal tradition and everything and was kind of a constant thorn in the side of the project? Why punish the UK? Its relatively a good thing they bailed for the EU project.
    Despite the rough corners, UK is (was?) a great liberal counterbalance to dirigisme. Much of the current European foreign policy, transatlantic cooperation, market openness is owed in part to the Brits being there.
    You can pretend federalism to be the mainstream or dominant idea within the union. It isn't: it's just one idea among many; the project is not meant to enjoy a unique vision. UK wasn't a thorn but a great ally bringing pluralism to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Newsflash, the prime trade partner of the UK is the United State who is, another newsflash, not an EU member.
    Actually, that would be Germany, not the US.

15+ Year Old Account
    Greeks created the situation for themselves ... 10 years ago everyone was amazed how their system can work with those conditions and later on we learned the harsh truth. But the bottom line is EU didn't kick Greece out, it didn't give up on it; unlike UK.
    EU membership of Greece was never a question, EMU membership was.

EU != EMU

Some key EU officials even tried to mediate.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    But Junker made it very very clear earlier this week that the EU has no intention of reform. I firmly believe this pushed a lot of people to a leave vote
    No he didn't. What he said was that "If you vote remain the rest of the EU isn't going to veto the deals made." But in his own language which the exit newspapers turned around with. "Look Junker said no more reforms. See can't stay in." and the people bought it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Despite the rough corners, UK is (was?) a great liberal counterbalance to dirigisme. Much of the current European foreign policy, transatlantic cooperation, market openness is owed in part to the Brits being there.
    You can pretend federalism to be the mainstream or dominant idea within the union. It isn't: it's just one idea among many; the project is not meant to enjoy a unique vision. UK wasn't a thorn but a great ally bringing pluralism to the table.
    What the UK wanted wasn't it seems what most Eurocrats wanted.

Federalism would actually be somewhat preferable to the current direction which seems more to be a Unitary State. Depending on the arrangement, Federalism would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Um, in a democracy you usually don't get to do a do-over. They'll be able to make a vote on rejoining, but that would actually start a formal applicatoin process and would take years and YEARS until its conclusion. This "out" vote is pretty fucking final. No going backsies now.
    Well, technically it isn't. As far as the EU is concerned this was just a poll. It is up to the representative of the UK to make it final.

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    To be fair, there is no way to know if the people who searched those items are for or against the Brexit. Either side could have had uninformed individuals making google searches after the decision.
    What is more likely, that the remainers who subscribed the the "campaign of fear" on how the leave vote will result in economic shitfest are googling the effects of the leave when they see an economic shitfest? Or is it the leavers who were led to believe nothing bad will happen to the mighty empire and now woke up in something not meeting their expectations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Ahhh glorious Solidarity, a real Brotherhood of Europe you got going on.
    Greece lied to EU about their economic situation. EU is helping them resolve the problems. It's painful yes, but unlike UK, EU didn't quit on Greece and Greece is still important member of EU.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.