Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The state never promised to bailout my company, nor would they as companies in my sector went to the wall. Nobody gave a shit about aviation insurance brokers going bust, they could just get their planes and helicopters insured elsewhere.

Most financial sector businesses were in the same position. It was the key players who the Government wanted to make sure did not fail, as that would have destroyed the economy and very few people own enough chickens to make barter a practical alternative for the UK economy.
    The state would not have intervened directly in your company but it would intervene in larger financiers your company was inextricably connected with through its clients-or even if it wasn't directly, would be affected by becuase of general negative investor sentiment. Northern Rock had no real connection with the American banks but there was a run on it anyway even though it was perfectly solvent up to that point.

It is possible you are part of a business that is actually useful. In which case it might prosper anyway, though probably not to the same extent. Your comments about statistical forecasting and your apparent...er lack of cognizance of the difficulties in applying risk formulas to real-world risk suggest to me very strongly that is not the case however. You sound like you don't know what you are doing, to be blunt.

Deleted
    If it all goes to shit UK will rejoin EU in a few decades, if not win win

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Who made, newsflash, deals with the UK as member of the EU.
    To pretend that there's no grounds for them to make deals with the UK without them being a member of the EU is one of the most absurd things on the planet. Strategically they're far too important to the US and everything will be done to keep things going smooth.

I love how the media in America were making this out instantly as an ultimate rejection and failure for Obama though, haha. That had to hurt to contemplate and then say.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Newsflash, the prime trade partner of the UK is the United State who is, another newsflash, not an EU member.
    US 12.7%, Germany 10.5%, Netherlands 7.6%, France 6.5%, Ireland 6.2%, Belgium 4.2% (2014)

Furthermore bulk of EU imports come from Europe.

Germany 14.6%, China 8.9%, Netherlands 8%, US 6.8%, France 6.1%, Belgium 5.1%, Italy 4% (2014)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/uk.html

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    So the people asking those questions are only the brexit supporters.
    Since the people that supported bremain just can't be asking those questions in the internets?
    Why would people who subscribed to the remain campaign saying leaving will have economic repercussions google what leaving EU will mean when all that's seen so far are economic repercussions? They already knew that this is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    And I thought that the majority of people that voted for brexit are senile old people that don't know what google is, how are they actually using the search?
    Slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    What is more likely, that the remainers who subscribed the the "campaign of fear" on how the leave vote will result in economic shitfest are googling the effects of the leave when they see an economic shitfest? Or is it the leavers who were led to believe nothing bad will happen to the mighty empire and now woke up in something not meeting their expectations?
    People don't know much about stuff. They have jobs to do, limited time and energy, and most aren't that curious anyway.

Deleted
    What is more likely, that the remainers who subscribed the the "campaign of fear" on how the leave vote will result in economic shitfest are googling the effects of the leave when they see an economic shitfest? Or is it the leavers who were led to believe nothing bad will happen to the mighty empire and now woke up in something not meeting their expectations?
    Nothing bad has happened yet though we won't know that for ages

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    People don't know much about stuff. They have jobs to do, limited time and energy, and most aren't that curious anyway.
    None of which are a valid reason not to go out of your way to learn important information. Always learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    Actually its far from it. It also impinges on the democratic rights of the UK, and would be illegal under EU law. All we have said right now, is that we want to leave. Until WE say we are leaving. there is nothing they can do about it.
    you also forget that its a minimum two year period of negotiation on leaving. so we damn well will be voting still especially as we will still be bound by decisions made during that period.
    Well, it's very UK to want to have a cookie and eat it too at least.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's obviously untrue
    Source ? its been broken down today in graphs and polls about who voted how all over newspapers and news broadcasts.

Remain was mostly people under 50, with either a job or studying and located in and around big cities and were muslim or non Christians ( and then the smashing Remain score in North Ireland and Scotland )

Leave were mainly 50+ people or people living on the lower end of the social and financial ladder in cities where they felt that nothing was done cause all the cash when to EU, they were mainly jobless or did simple things like being a roadworker and they were mainly white.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Greece is still important member of EU.
    Well, they still do owe you a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    To pretend that there's no grounds for them to make deals with the UK without them being a member of the EU is one of the most absurd things on the planet. Strategically they're far too important to the US and everything will be done to keep things going smooth.

I love how the media in America were making this out instantly as an ultimate rejection and failure for Obama though, haha. That had to hurt to contemplate and then say.
    The main thing about the US-UK special relationship is the indirect power the US wielded through the UK in the EU, NATO and the UN Security Council.

1 of those 3 pillars has just been knocked out.

If Scotland leaves the UK through its own referendum, there are also calls for rescinding the British seat on the Security Council. And to top it off, without the EU and Scotland the UK will also by default drop out of the G7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Nothing bad has happened yet though we won't know that for ages
    The sky is falling! The £ dropped (which economists routinely tell us is good for exports), I suppose Carney and Osborne's fear-mongering worked a little too well, then. Now our esteemed BoE governor is telling us he has it all under control.

TBH, it's one day in and we barely have begun this new journey. Any Bremain fear-mongering is to be taken as seriously as the polls or the bookies.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Source ? its been broken down today in graphs and polls about who voted how all over newspapers and news broadcasts.

Remain was mostly people under 50, with either a job or studying and located in and around big cities and were muslim or non Christians ( and then the smashing Remain score in North Ireland and Scotland )

Leave were mainly 50+ people or people living on the lower end of the social and financial ladder in cities where they felt that nothing was done cause all the cash when to EU, they were mainly jobless or did simple things like being a roadworker and they were mainly white.
    what % were over 50
    what % were unemployed

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    I just remembered didn't Spain (or more Madrid) oppose Scotland joining the EU ? Thinking it might have to do with Catalans would follow suit and go for their own independence into EU.

Might be a few hurdles if Scotland would try to join EU.
    That was under different circumstances.
    If the UK leaves Scotland can stay and assume the place the UK had previously, but the Catalans would have to apply for membership unless Spain left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post

Big shock in a country ~87% white....

Deleted
    Well, it's very UK to want to have a cookie and eat it too at least.
    what? to not have a multitude of laws broken just to "punish" us?

Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    The sky is falling! The £ dropped (which economists routinely tell us is good for exports).
    Not when your money is a reserve currency and imports might just end up costing you too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    what? to not have a multitude of laws broken just to "punish" us?
    Broken? No. But should be unilaterally rewritten, to punish you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    First we already have a fence and it's rather ineffective versus more modern solutions which our border patrol are already using, second Hungary is just a hub on their way to Germany. Either way you can keep burying your head in 206 BC and come to 2016 where neither border patrol or immigration experts think a wall will work.
    The wall isn't even on my radar in this discussion kid, you're the one who brought it up. First off we as in the US have an unfinished fence, and a poorly manned and patrolled border. Secondly it doesn't matter if Hungary is just a rest stop for economic tourists who are trying to get to Daddy Sugar in Germany and elsewhere, their construction and staffing worked to keep the scumbags out. "Immigration experts" is a funny title, that's like "Gender Studies Technician" in the realm of laughs.

Separating legally and unilaterally from the EU is where my concern is in this particular situation. I'm glad they've got the ball rolling in that regard, now see it through the rest of the way without fear and with utter conviction.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    They want a "soft exit" with favourable agreements. But EU could invoke the "not more than 2 years" gulliotine clause and kick them out at autumn 2018.
    There's no invocation needed. That clause is automatic. If UK wants some surreal stuff like even more special treatment in EEA like Kalis champions for, all it will take is one country to say "this is fucking ridiculous" and UK is out. Then it gets to negotiate the terms till an agreement is made as a non-member which isn't going to be a desirable state for them to be (especially since it's going to lower their negotiating power even further).