RIP my investments...
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Who I would rather see on the SC is very very different than who deserves to be in the SC.
    Well, DE and JP both deserve to be on it, they have both proven to be stable states and economies. India still suffers from widespread poverty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    mkay il break down this bollox bit by bit.

the pound didnt drop 20%
    You are correct I hit 2 instead of 1. It was 10%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    RIP my investments...
    Hence why any good investment advisor would say be willing to stay in 5 - 10 years to ride the highs and the lows (unless you can time them )...
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    something like over 60% of 50+ leaves, even a tad higher in 60+ , dunno exactly about unemployed, the just said that well faring people with an education voted mainly Remain and that poor areas and people with low education, low end jobs or no jobs at all voted mainly Leave.

This was on the BBC program about the referendum, dunno if they would spill bs over this or not but its what I've seen.
    Also a quick Google search should bring up articles with the same polls, I'm surprised you seem to be oblivious about these numbers being from the UK and following the news today.
    Who said I was following the news... it's all just OMG THE END hysteria. I did look at BBC charts and what I noticed is young people had a low turn out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    No, it is pessimistic. The EU is the entity that is now in a weak bargaining position.
    While the UK was 17% of the EU's GDP, the UK needs trade with the EU more than the EU needs trade with the UK.

Well, i think im out of this thread for a little bit. But i do have some last words... citizens of the United Kingdom, whether or not you agree with the decision your people have made, welcome to your new found freedom from the soon to be disaster that is the European Union. You are in for some bad times, but you will make it through stronger than you are now. From an American, you will always be friends, unless you do some stupid shit, then i will have to shake my finger at your government. You are now more in control of the future of your country than you have been in the last 43 years, God Speed and Blessed Be.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Are you a clarvoyent?
    No, a realist.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the UK was 17% of the EU's GDP, the UK needs trade with the EU more than the EU needs trade with the UK.
    Trade is a bilateral thing. Both parties benefit, both benefit from each other. Neither needs each other in as large and globalised a world as ours. But really, who is Germany going to sell those cars to? Britain is one of the more affluent economies (formerly) within the EU.

Also, if this does end up sparking similar motions to leave in Germany and France, the EU is going to be on the path to its dissolution.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I liked the EU for its plausible reforms and for its work on Minority languages which is how my sister swayed me. But the treatment of Greece, Italy, ect, and left me not trusting it as an institution for good.
    So what is the alternative. Give Greece even more money? AFAIK the UK was doing a lot of political work to make sure they dont have to pay any money to greece.

But of course other countries, which already paid several billions to greece, should pay even money so they can pay higher pensions than some of the EU members have?

The biggest mistake was madeover 10 years ago when the first signs were ignored. Not now. I fail to see what the alternative is. If the UK wants to pay greece 5 billions... great. do this. But dont blame other EU countries for not giving even more money to a failed state.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Nobody spat in anyones face, it was a referendum to decide the will of the people in a member state.
    Yes, and we respect that, but we ask you to also respect our decisions and keep from trying to sabotage those who remain in the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    something like over 60% of 50+ leaves, even a tad higher in 60+ , dunno exactly about unemployed, the just said that well faring people with an education voted mainly Remain and that poor areas and people with low education, low end jobs or no jobs at all voted mainly Leave.

This was on the BBC program about the referendum, dunno if they would spill bs over this or not but its what I've seen.
    Also a quick Google search should bring up articles with the same polls, I'm surprised you seem to be oblivious about these numbers being from the UK and following the news today.
    I saw polls in the Guardian and they used system where they looked at how the regions voted, then cross referenced it to the demographics in the region, and used that to determine the likely ages, occupations, etc. So they were roughly accurate, but kind of hit and miss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Well, DE and JP both deserve to be on it, they have both proven to be stable states and economies. India still suffers from widespread poverty.
    So does China. At least India was on the winning side of WWII.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    And that includes giving a finger to UK for some time.
    And those 48% that voted remain too, right?

As bad as the people that pulled us out for stupid reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    disaster that is the European Union.... From an American
    Typical "opinion" from you lot.

Deleted
    Europe no longer gets British TV and we can end those god awful depressing european crime dramas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Typical "opinion" from you lot.
    It's shared by many Europeans, evidently...

Deleted
    So does China. At least India was on the winning side of WWII.
    Against who? And why is Poland not on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    highly unlikely we will go into recession, almost certain that there will be no tariffs. also highly unlikely to lose role as major financial centre. London was a financial capital for a fuck ton longer than the EU has even existed.
    But only with the help of EU legislation did it gain the relative size it has now compared to other financial centres.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, and we respect that, but we ask you to also respect our decisions and keep from trying to sabotage those who remain in the EU.
    Quite clearly not everyone does respect that as the person I was replying to said we spat in the face of the EU, because apparently people voting for something you do not like is some heinous crime.