10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    But only with the help of EU legislation did it gain the relative size it has now compared to other financial centres.
    Which EU legislation do you mean? Basel which basically encouraged EU banks to be overweight on sovereign debt in shaky European governments?
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    No, a realist.
    Yes this time next week we'll be a 3rd world nation right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    Trade is a bilateral thing. Both parties benefit, both benefit from each other. Neither needs each other in as large and globalised a world as ours.

Also, if this does end up sparking similar motions to leave in Germany and France, the EU is going to be on the path to its dissolution.
    Logistics says trade with Europe is more important than trade with the US (for example).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Quite clearly not everyone does respect that as the person I was replying to said we spat in the face of the EU, because apparently people voting for something you do not like is some heinous crime.
    Yeah and we need a second and a third and a fourth referendum, until 75%+ vote to stay in.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Jesus Trump is that you? Get outta here I don't want to be your friend D:
    do you legit think england is a "disgraced country"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Yes, and we respect that, but we ask you to also respect our decisions and keep from trying to sabotage those who remain in the EU.
    You keep saying that whilst ignoring the numerous posts contridicting you

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Who said I was following the news... it's all just OMG THE END hysteria. I did look at BBC charts and what I noticed is young people had a low turn out
    I never proclaimed the its the end hysteria, I replied to someone asking how the voting went and you instantly claimed what I said was wrong without providing a counter source.
    They might have a low turn out yes but that doesn't change the fact that 18-50 mainly voted remain and 50+ voted leave, that's always been predicted and expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NFL now questioning the viability of games in UK, due to Brexit:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tuation-in-uk/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Logistics says trade with Europe is more important than trade with the US (for example).
    I'm failing to see how that doesn't apply equally to a country like Germany when it sells its goods...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

And David Beckham is in tears. And Jean-Claude Juncker. And Christine LaGarde. And Call me Dave.

THE HORROR! WHY DIDN'T I VOTE IN!

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Since I've been overly critical, I will say, I ultimately wanted Remain to win, but for only one main reason, the status of minority languages is likely to be jeopardized.

The Cornish language has come back from the dead. Once officially branded “extinct” by the UN, the language, spoken primarily in Cornwall in Southwest England, was upgraded to “endangered” in 2010.

Cornish may have come back, but its situation remains precarious. Ethnologue, a research project that catalogs the world’s languages, says that there are “no known” speakers of Cornish as a first language, though it mentions an “emerging” population of second-language speakers.

Now, advocates of minority languages in the UK and Europe are warning that a British exit from the EU, or “Brexit,” could remove what little support Cornish and its linguistic counterparts already have. Voters in Britain go to the polls tomorrow (June 23) to decide whether to remain or leave the EU.

“The indirect effect of Brexit on our languages is potentially disastrous,” reads a joint letter signed by representatives of various minority languages in the UK, including Welsh, Scots, Irish, and Cornish. The letter is backed by the European Language Equality Network, a non-profit group that campaigns to protect Europe’s less-spoken languages.

“We, as representatives of indigenous lesser-used language communities in these islands, therefore conclude that in order to ensure the safety and prosperity of our languages and their communities we must remain within the European Union,” the letter continues.

There are a number of reasons to think Brexit could harm the UK’s lesser-used languages. For one, the EU has proven much more willing to promote them than the UK. The EU doles out funds to projects like the Digital Language Diversity Project, which aims to bring minority languages onto digital devices. EU funds have been used by Wales for the construction of the Welsh Language and Heritage Center on the Llŷn Peninsula.
    So while I am critical of the EU, I actually did not want Leave to happen, and was happy my sister voted Remain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    You do realize that there are other ways to get to Germany right, and yea who needs these so call experts we should get our advice from 8 balls.
    Sure I do, point is that Hungary didn't have any problems whatsoever and was able to repel attempts to circumvent their border defenses due to what they constructed and staffed appropriately. Now that I've spelled that out for you, let's tackle this other nonsense.

The necessity of 'immigration experts' is laughable, at best. This is the level of micromanage bullshit that countries ran by corporations have to resort to in order to maximize everything so sure you see them in many countries now since that's the stupid modern market capitalist model, sovereign lands acting like Brand X, Inc.

In a world full of bureaucracy and agencies devoted to admitting people to the country, verifying their identities and all that jazz it's ultimately redundant. But probably good pay since it's a schmooze numbers job in a politically sensitive field so good work for the scam artists who want to spew numbers that could be printed out in 5 minutes and read by a clerk and offer sagely advice any real decision maker is already going to know.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Against who? And why is Poland not on it?
    Because the only requirement to be on the SC is to have been one of the 5 victorious primary allied nations (as determined by said 5 nations) of WWII...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

okay ?? like anyone cares. our national sports are football and rugby lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I do, I can honestly say I have no love for this country no more as it's shown it's true colours.
    Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Yes I do, I can honestly say I have no love for this country no more as it's shown it's true colours.
    better get your passport then.

don't let the door hit you on the way out.

if you think the country is in some way "worse" because 52/48 voted in favour of an issue which was 50/50 split then... idk... are you blind to reality? do you actually work for a living? like i dont understand how you can think like that.

Deleted
    Because the only requirement to be on the SC is to have been one of the 5 victorious primary allied nations (as determined by said 5 nations) of WWII...
    What made Poland less victorious than China? Poland definitely gained more territory as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathrendar View Post
    Trade is a bilateral thing.
    Yes, the EU is half of the UK's trade - the UK is 18 billion out of 1.9 trillion.
    proportions, scale, Thou heardest of them?

Deleted
    Then leave if sour grapes

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    And Eurocrats and UK can stab at each other needlessly over their hurt fee fee's, look I get it, Junker is the best thing since Jesus and Brussels and the Commission literally prevent the coming of the Anti-Christ/Putin/Undead mecha hitler, but lets just calm down for a moment. The EU is... PROBABLY not going to hurt itself even further over Junker's sense of pride. The UK will likely suffer a bit, all transitions are painfully, giving birth is painful and messy.
    I sometimes seriously question your literacy skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.