Page 46 of 139 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    i invaded their lands, the varg and skaeling, with 4 best units, loaded with steamtanks and gryphons, razed all that area and destroyed it all.

man, nothing more fun when there is no danger in the northren borders, i managed to focus on south and conquered all the lands

Legendary that is
    Yeah, unfortunatley its a pita as Vampire counts, I'd love to send my armies up there! Would be too slow.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any good advice on how to advance into the north playing as the Empire? Having major troubles with chaos corruption and the attrition it brings..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Any good advice on how to advance into the north playing as the Empire? Having major troubles with chaos corruption and the attrition it brings..
    If you mean taking out Skaeling amd Varg the nordic tribe use raiding stance to travel to make you immune to attrition, or get your people on boats they wont suffer attrition and will replenish in friendly waters. Once you have wiped out Chaos it gets rid of the chaos corruption in the empire provinces making it easy, I also built shrines of sigmar in all my provinical capitals to help with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    If you mean taking out Skaeling amd Varg the nordic tribe use raiding stance to travel to make you immune to attrition, or get your people on boats they wont suffer attrition and will replenish in friendly waters. Once you have wiped out Chaos it gets rid of the chaos corruption in the empire provinces making it easy, I also built shrines of sigmar in all my provinical capitals to help with that.
    Yeah I was hoping wiping out chaos was an option. How do they work anyway? Limited amount of lords/troops or are they expanding? If so then maybe expanding south / south-west for a while to build up a stronger army is a viable option.

Deleted
    Yeah I was hoping wiping out chaos was an option. How do they work anyway? Limited amount of lords/troops or are they expanding? If so then maybe expanding south / south-west for a while to build up a stronger army is a viable option.
    You need to manually fight every single Varg/Skaeling army because Autoresolve is pretty much in their favor... well, not really, but they will kill alot of units and they'll easily build a stack or two every round and you'll have to replenish troops in campstance for 4-5 rounds if walk from camp to camp.

The Northern tribes are like any other faction in the game, they have their own settelement type, so they can't colonize holds or empire settlements and vice versa. Their armies are pretty much low-tier yet very high veterancy Chaos units.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaos are a bit odd you need to defeat Archaeon and all their current standing armies at the same time, not on the exact same turn but they need to have no generals alive with Archaeon down and then they are defeated, then you get shown the "Age of Peace" screen. I auto resolved everything vs Skaeling and Varg because I always outnumbered them with my armies. I already had the long campaign victory completed and used about 6 armies running around in 2 or 3s razing their cities and if you outnumber them very heavily with strong armies you barely lose anything and its easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

They need to start pushing out some dlc, blood and gore for starters and maby one or two races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some sort of dev update on the doing of the dev teams

Historical Team – Unannounced Total War Title
    Game Director - Janos Gaspar
    This team most recently released Total War: ATTILA in February 2015, which went on to become our best-selling ever follow-up title. Since that game was finalised for manufacture at the end of 2014, they’ve primarily been in the early pre-production stages of our next historically-based major release. That involves planning, scheduling and researching the period, art styles and technology we want to put into the game. They’ve recently started prototyping some feature ideas and that will be the next stage of development that will keep them busy for now. It will be some time before we reveal this title. It will be huge, it will be historic. It will not be soon. It is not worth asking any more questions about it

New Content Team – Total War: WARHAMMER DLC and Free-LC
    Game Director - Jack Lusted
    After a very busy couple of years making content for ROME II and ATTILA, the New Content team has moved on to support WARHAMMER DLC and Free content. As we announced when we first revealed the game, Total War: WARHAMMER will be supported by a programme of free and paid for content alongside the three games that will make up this epic trilogy.

The first WARHAMMER DLC and Free-LC are just being prepared for launch with final testing underway. The majority of the team are already working on the second DLC, and have been for a while as it is considerably bigger than the first.

Warhammer Team –Total War: WARHAMMER
    Game Director - Ian Roxburgh
    After the massive launch of Total War: WARHAMMER, the team have been busy working on Update 1, which is now in final testing and being prepared for release soon.

There's also a large amount of design, planning and creation of models and artwork already under way for the second instalment of the trilogy. Given the fantastic response to the first game, our plans for the content of the second game have changed and expanded significantly.

This game has made me a dwarf lover. Never used to like dwarves in fantasy settings. I'll be rolling one the moment the pre-patch for Legion hits.

Really enjoy their playstyle. Sit and soak. Destroy with range. Hard Campaign is proving fairly troublesome at the moment. Just cannot keep up with the threat from the north while simultaneously warding off those damn WAAAGH's. How many lords do you usually have at a time?

Here's hoping for complete 4-factions Chaos, with unique units for each. Or maybe entire Chaos expansion, with Beasts of Chaos, Daemons of Chaos and Chaos Dwarves.

It's happening! Update 1 is coming Today

Update: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1
    I would paste the whole list but I think it's too big.

News: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...nd-patch-notes
    Hi everyone!

That's right - today is Wednesday-Newsday! Surprise! Forget Tuesday, Wednesday is where it's at now, and do we have a lot of news for you? Yes. Yes we do.

First up - we announced a patch. You've been asking for it, and here it is. We mentioned some of the things involved in it during the livestream, but if you missed that and wanted to hear it again, here are some highlights: five new battle maps in multiplayer, unit rebalancing across the Old World, sieging against the AI will be harder, agents will be nerfed somewhat and... Blood Knights are coming. They're on their way.

For more detail - a LOT more detail - click here to check out the full patch notes: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

The patch + Free-LC is out at 2PM BST on 30 June 2016.

And the second thing is another thing you've been asking for - DX12. This is an opt-in beta that will be available to try in game. Our work on DX12 is ongoing and there are some outstanding issues still to solve, so we’re keeping it as a beta feature for now.

If you want more information on all of this and to check your PC can handle it, click here: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...m_Requirements

It's a bloody good update, isn't it?
    The patch + Free-LC is out at 2PM BST on 30 June 2016.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-06-30 at 01:49 PM.

And they also released obligatory Blood and Gore DLC:

Chaos Warriors spawn in several waves. Once all waves are beaten you will get the Age of Peace.
    This means you will have to kill Archaeon multiple times until they run out of spawn waves.

The amount of waves depends on the difficulty setting.

The Varg and Skaeling are normal factions and have settlements in the north that you can all destroy to eliminate the faction just like any other.
    They are unable to occupy any settlements outside of Norsca and no one else can take their settlements, only raze them.

The better option for Empire seems to be to conquer Brettonia and leave the empire factions as a buffer zone between you and chaos.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Conquer anywhere makes the varg ready dangerous but fun.

Deleted
    When they add Brettonia, I hope they'll add proper Cav that isn't Shock.

I don't know how you are supposed to micromanage that amount of Cav units during a fight with multiple stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    £2 for blood and gore...gah ><

Tbh it looks pretty shit too, totally overkill.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2016-07-02 at 03:30 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone know if math have been done for hero actions against other heroes?
    Sitting in a VH game and my lvl 14-20 heroes cant use their abilities on lvl 2-5 chaos heroes. It's really strange, even when equipping them with random weapons the enemy heroes still have -50-60 to their rating.

bloody annoying having 10 enemy heroes sitting like ticks outside the nearest keep just assaulting it nonstop.

And yes, the heroes i use to try and take out enemy heroes are fully speced into it.

7+ Year Old Account

The first pc game I ever played was rome total war 1 and loved it and I am a big fan of the fantasy genre. Do you recommend this game?

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    The first pc game I ever played was rome total war 1 and loved it and I am a big fan of the fantasy genre. Do you recommend this game?
    Total War: Warhammer is the most enjoyable Total War game since Fall of the Samurai.
    Also the most optimized.

So yes, get it. Especially if you've played Wc3 and enjoy the heroes there. It's kinda similar in TW: War where you can get new armor and weapons for your lords.