Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Zelda: Temple of the ocean king that makes you go back so often it drives you crazy.

Apart from that the new 3D look made what already was a boring game to be look bland. I finished it in the end but never brought the train track one.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I've ever been really that disappointed in a game, even if I've been pretty hyped pre-release.
    And that includes stuff people like to hate on like D3 and Wildstar.

Sure, they didn't exactly meet my expectations but they weren't that bad, either. Played both for a few months and hundreds of hours before quitting and enjoyed them for the most part.

As for the old-school stuff... I've played games since early 90s but back then the concept of "hype" wasn't really a thing as far as video-games go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Stupid idea that at one point in time people learn about the art of marketing and how products can be glorified to increase sales and the product doesn't provide the same satisfaction levels you had anticipated from the information you were given about the product in this case a game. Yeah brain dead stupid idea.
    It is.

You can wait for coverage of the game, and see what you think of it from actual proffesionals who are trained in the field of reviewing games.

So, yes. Raging about thoose 1-2 weeks that you just, COULD NOT wait (Assuming there is no press release of the game) - And then hyperboling it into "OMFG, ALL GAMES IN THE FUTURE SUXXX"

It's stupid beyond belief.

Zelda 2 was weird. It wasn't bad, just not anything compared to the first game.

Final Fantasy 8:....disappointment to the max...still my least favorite FF Game. luckily 9 came out and all was good with the world again

Megaman X5: X4 was SUCH an amazing jump for the Megaman series in general...but 5..felt so cheap...and kinda got put off by the Guns and Roses names...then X6 happened..then X7 happened...lets not talk about Megaman 7 and 8 either...

Every Mortal Kombat game after 3 but before 9....just all of them I'm glad MK9 reinvigorated my love for the franchise but JESUS Christ MK4-Deception

Doom 3....thankfully the disappointment kinda lifted but MAN...some genres can do Horror and obviously DOOM wasn't it (thank you Bethesda!)

..Was kinda hyped for Digimon World and the first one wasn't bad but a little..heartbreaking especially with the ad campaign trying to make it the mature Pokemon and 2 was so much garbage I refused to even give the third one a chance

Assassins Creed 3..yeah VERY new game but its the sole reason I wont buy any of the assassins creed games...and seeing how Unity played out I wasn't wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Advent Rising
    Rocks? They throw rocks?

I remember having being hopes for Chrono Cross and Castlevania 65 (followups to Chrono Trigger and Castlevania SOTN, respectively) and was massively let down by those games. That might have been as much my high expectations and hopes as a massive media hype, though.

Quote Originally Posted by user30189 View Post
    Stfu you fucking degenerate retard.
    I know the truth can hurt sometimes especially if it's for something that's important for ones' self-identity.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I enjoyed the Baldur's Gate series... and was pleasantly surprised to find Pillars of Eternity, a spiritual successor of the series, on my Steam's Wishlist with 60% off -- bought it for €16.

Mind you the sale for it ends today, so get it while it lasts!

Duke Nukem 64 or the WcW wrestling games are contenders, though i think South Park was probably the worst. On the Nintendo 64 of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alone in the dark on the psone was my first big disappointment.

I mean there were tons of shite on the cpc 464 our zx but I never really got hyped.

Recently, Fable 3 and Battlefield 3. The "beta" (demo) for BF3 was pretty excellent, but the vehicle combat in battlefield 3 & 4 is completely fucked up. I'm excited for Battlefield 1. It's WW1 so the amount of random garbage like auto lock-on launchers that they can put in the game is severely limited. If they make it so that shooting a tank's tracks with a stationary gun disables it, so be it. It makes sense, unlike a lot of the bullshit lock-on garbage in the current game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The DNC is a private organization, and they're free to "collaborate" to elect whoever they like to the leadership of their party. There's literally nothing illegal or shady about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    FFXII and WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Alone in the dark on the psone was my first big disappointment.
    Man, I totally forgot about that one. I bought the PC version. First half of the game was ok, second half...
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been gaming since '84 and I can definitely think of a few disappointments.

Fable 1, of course, was a huge letdown. There were all these great ideas Peter Molyneux had (and discussed) that just never ended up in the game to any degree.

Mass Effect 3. After loving the first 2 games (I consider ME2 a masterpiece), 3 broke my heart and set fire to the pieces.

Mortal Kombat 3. I loved MK2 and so, MK3 just felt like a step back in so many regards. To met at least.

Fallout 4 - while there are many things I do like about the game (power armor gameplay, upgrading weapons, etc) I feel like the game in general falls short of the pedigree set by Fallout 3, Oblivion and even Skyrim (which I was also disappointed with). The settlement feature feels undercooked, the story jams a 'PICK A SIDE AND KILL EVERYONE ELSE' choice down your throat that makes no sense at all, and the game in general just... underwhelms. The shooting is polished, but that's because they brought in people from the Destiny team... so they honestly can't even take credit for that.

Dragon Age 2: while I am actually in the camp that likes DA2 (I knew what it was going into it), I do agree that it was a big step backwards from Origins in a lot of regards.

The Witcher: while I consider Witcher 3 to be one of the best games I've ever played, I was massively underwhelmed by the first game in the series. The combat felt loose and imprecise (a dealbreaker in and of itself) and the voice acting was awkwardly written and delivered poorly for the most part. I've tried 5 or 6 times to go back to it and find that 'hook' that keeps me playing, but I uninstall it each time.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daikatana.

/thread.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    I can't honestly remember. Things weren't really hype like they are now because there was not much in the way of internet, mostly just magazines. I thought Bubsy 2 on the snes was a real let down. Legend of Zelda, wind waker to me was a let down because I hate the cartoony graphics, I wanted nice next gen graphics.
    WHAT? I loved Bubsy 2. Both those games were great, but Bubsy 2 was fucking hard as hell. Old school platform games blow new platform games out of the water. Half of your success or failure was all based on how well you learned the levels because if you jumped from a certain platform and had to go down, you would either fall into a trap and die or an enemy that would also kill you, or something else dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Daikatana.

/thread.
    Still confused as to why people hated that game. Back then, I actually enjoyed it for some reason. Maybe I had a gluttony for punishment via bad video games. I do remember getting stuck though every time I rented it. I got to one level and there was an area that I could see but couldn't access. In the days before having internet and access to GameFAQ's as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daikatana.

/thread.
    My vote is for this one too.

"John Romero's going to make you his bitch"
    I lost all faith in this man on that day...

10+ Year Old Account
    Daikatana.

/thread.
    Yeah... That is that rare case when it is better to cancel a game than to release it as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deus Ex: Invisible War is another big one. I bought an X-box just to be able to play it and I'm surprised that the console survived the tutorial mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    My vote is for this one too.

"John Romero's going to make you his bitch"
    I lost all faith in this man on that day...
    The way I see it, Daikatana crossed the threshold of "so bad it's good". A million little problems add up and compound until the whole experience is so absurd that you can't resist going a little bit further, to see how much worse it gets.