Page 90 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hachidori View Post
    There are so many walls and fences in Israel that I'm having trouble finding the exact one that is the near-same length the one across Mexico would be. And these are repelling armed terrorists, not unarmed illegal immigrants.

It's almost as if this idea has worked before in practice.
    The circumference of Israel is not nearly as large as the U.S. border with Mexico... and that includes the ocean... It's working so well, Israel has conscription, which includes women and disabilities that even during the Vietnam draft, would have excluded.

I have a midget cousin who was drafted in Israel...
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-06-24 at 10:21 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I'm cracking up..

roflmao
    "I can no longer refute this continued stream of evidence you keep providing. I'm going to pretend I'm laughing at you."

I'm done with this topic. Dunking on 6+ people, including a moderator, is tiresome. Good luck with Shillary's campaign.

15+ Year Old Account

There are so many walls and fences in Israel that I'm having trouble finding the exact one that is the near-same length the one across Mexico would be. And these are repelling armed terrorists, not unarmed illegal immigrants.

They have? The walls have been repeatedly tunneled under and often just... walked around, lol. You're going to build a wall out into the ocean and maintain it as well?

Works for a bit in practice, then fails when people find a way around it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The circumference of Israel is not nearly as large as the U.S. border with Mexico... and that includes the ocean... It's working so well, Israel has conscription, which includes women and disabilities that even during the Vietnam draft, would have excluded.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I mean, when you think our coast guard can man almost 100k miles of landings.. yes, yes it is. Ocean isn't like thel and where you look on things mostly not moving "yup that's a car. let's stop it". For one, your tower you're standing on is moving, might be in a valley, might be on a peak. GG seeing something in a storm, or at night, either.
    the coast guard is roughly the size of the NYPD, and has to fight tooth and nail to replace ships that have been in service for about ~40 years. meanwhile the navy gets new ones thrown at them every couple of years.

anyways, illegal migrants dont ordinarily go to just any spot. they have to arrange meetings on both ends. and many of the ones in rafts etc end up getting lost or sunk.

Deleted
    Walling off the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans is also part of your perfect plan?

You're having trouble finding that wall, because it doesn't exist. Once finished, the wall will be some 400 miles. That's around 1/5th of the length of the U.S. Mexico border. Even if we go by Trump's updated projection of a 1000 mile wall, that's still more than double what Israel's planning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    "I can no longer refute this continued stream of evidence you keep providing. I'm going to pretend I'm laughing at you."

I'm done with this topic. Dunking on 6+ people, including a moderator, is tiresome. Good luck with Shillary's campaign.
    You are misunderstanding. The reason there is no wall that you can find in Israel that matches the length of Mexico, is because it would be impossible. Israel is a tiny country, whose circumference simply does not allow for such a wall.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

He did refute it Israel walls is much smaller(400 - 500miles) and has been under construction since 1992, it's a poor example.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    the coast guard is roughly the size of the NYPD, and has to fight tooth and nail to replace ships that have been in service for about ~40 years. meanwhile the navy gets new ones thrown at them every couple of years.

anyways, illegal migrants dont ordinarily go to just any spot. they have to arrange meetings on both ends. and many of the ones in rafts etc end up getting lost or sunk.
    They're still not going to be able to patrol 100k miles even if they were granted the budget of the navy.

The irony of it all is even if the wall did get made, guess what? They'll use better ships, continue to tunnel, and continue to get people in on visas and provide ways for them to disappear once they're provided. All the wall does is shit on everyone while pretending to provide a solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    You're having trouble finding that wall, because it doesn't exist. Once finished, the wall will be some 400 miles. That's around 1/5th of the length of the U.S. Mexico border. Even if we go by Trump's updated projection of a 1000 mile wall, that's still more than double what Israel's planning.
    I don't know what's worse, Trump selling the Wall (even he knews it's not possible) or the fact people are actually buying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    http://www.iris.org.il/images/new_jersey.gif
    Further proof that geography is a shillary...

Deleted

Because your math was completely wrong. You shouldn't be angry with the fact that you are wrong on a forum, you should be humble and learn with the mistake.

... wait, what am I talking about? It's the Internet.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually it is you who doesn't grasp the numbers.
    Your math skills are that of a first grader. Even a second grader can handle 4 digit numbers already.
    But I spell it out for you once more.

The USA's shoreline alone is 143 times longer than Israel's entire borders.
    And the US' border to Mexico alone is about 3 times the length of Israel's entire borders.
    Half the USA's border to Mexico cannot have any construct built on. It's geographically impossible.
    And of the land where a wall could be built, almost all of it is private land, and the government can't even build a bbq grill on it.
    The land that is in federal possession does have a border fence. That could use some improvement. But that isn't the whole story either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    They're still not going to be able to patrol 100k miles even if they were granted the budget of the navy.

The irony of it all is even if the wall did get made, guess what? They'll use better ships, continue to tunnel, and continue to get people in on visas and provide ways for them to disappear once they're provided. All the wall does is shit on everyone while pretending to provide a solution.
    but... they do. obviously they are not actively surveying every single square mile of beach (well something like this was done in WW2), but there are always boats out patrolling. and besides that, the civilian mariners will actively report anything suspicious they come across. much like how the police operate.

Deleted
    and besides that, the civilian mariners will actively report anything suspicious they come across. much like how the police operate.
    If the European migration crisis teaches something is that is impossible to control every inch of a sea, no matter how many eyes are watching it.

but... they do. obviously they are not actively surveying every single square mile of beach (well something like this was done in WW2), but there are always boats out patrolling. and besides that, the civilian mariners will actively report anything suspicious they come across. much like how the police operate.
    ...that's the point.

You'd have to actively survey every square mile, because the ones you aren't? Smugglers would flock there. You act like smugglers are dumb - they're really not. You got a schedule? Theirs works around yours. You build a wall? They find the hole... or make a tunnel. And yeah, civilians can report "oh hey there was a boat on the ocean. looked real mexican-y. it was you know.. like any other boat".

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    No, I am a realist. There are cases where both are relevant. In the case of the economy, that is not the reality anymore, so pining away for going back to something that is no longer realistic is irrational/delusional.
    you associate the regressive left and the loss of parent cultures as progress
    and rebuke feelings of self preservation

thats what all globalists think....just accept it
    eat that white guilt gravy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it time for this again?

Deleted
    Relevant, not sure if it's been posted yet, but here goes: