Page 92 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    "If we can't go full retard, may as well have nothing at all!"

Being opposed to retarded levels of spending and control is not complete opposition to anything.

- - - Updated - - -

You work for the coast guard? Wow didn't know we had a coast guard in here.
    no need to be catty, i dont think a wall is feasible either. but its not this great impossibility to find illegal migrants on the ocean, is all. they are often extremely overcrowded or have other suspicious signs (cargo ship with no cargo, fishing ship with no gear rigged, etc.)
    people who do this stuff are trying to go for maximum profit, and dont care if the people make it or not. they already got their money. many times they will tell them how to steer the ship, then say good luck have fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    The folks who are plotting against Trump, who says they don't exist and are led by Jeb Bush, has a delegate suing to get out of voting for him at the convention.

Virginia GOP Delegate Files Suit To Get Out Of Voting For Trump At Convention

"A delegate to the Republican national convention from Virginia filed a federal lawsuit Friday to avoid being bound to vote for Donald Trump on the first ballot in Cleveland.

The delegate, Carroll Boston Correll, is a longtime local GOP official who claims Trump is "unfit to serve" as President. Correll alleges in the lawsuit that state law which binds him to vote for Trump on the first ballot at the convention violates his constitutional right to free speech. Correll is seeking class action status for the suit on behalf of other bound delegates in Virginia, where Trump won 17 delegates in March."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-trump-lawsuit
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    I'm more in favor of realistic solutions, like revising our citizenship path (it should not take *decades*) and reevaluation of our visa programs, considering how easy it is to get lost once you've spent the time of your visa. I'd also rather go at the source, the people employing illegal immigrants, than a feel-good wall that wastes a ton of money.

It's a question of appropriate use of time and money.
    The solution is actually very simple, but it targets Trump's colleagues. Actually punish business and individuals who hire illegals. There are far fewer employers supporting them, than Mexicans running across the border. The wall is like using an elephant gun, to shoot ants... While the elephant points and laughs...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    In other news, Trump congratulated Scots for leaving union. Could be UK...
    I think you may be confusing Fox news reporting that the UK has left the UN with Trump's speech overseas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Zenwhateverthenameis, did the same thing. Both claimed to not be Trump supporters as well...
    Lol it's the old joke. How do you make a Trump supporter go away? Ask him to support a claim.

The solution is actually very simple, but it targets Trump's colleagues. Actually punish business and individuals who hire illegals. There are far fewer employers supporting them, than Mexicans running across the border. The wall is like using an elephant gun, to shoot ants... While the elephant points and laughs...
    Indeed, but the first two I listed need a hard look as well.

I'm more in favor of realistic solutions, like revising our citizenship path (it should not take *decades*) and reevaluation of our visa programs, considering how easy it is to get lost once you've spent the time of your visa. I'd also rather go at the source, the people employing illegal immigrants, than a feel-good wall that wastes a ton of money.

It's a question of appropriate use of time and money.
    Please see above for my response to that. Things need to be fixed. But don't give me the anti-gun control argument.

Also, yes. The knowing employers of illegals need to be struck. Good luck convincing politicians on most parts of the spectrum to turn on themselves and their allies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    The folks who are plotting against Trump, who says they don't exist and are led by Jeb Bush, has a delegate suing to get out of voting for him at the convention.

Virginia GOP Delegate Files Suit To Get Out Of Voting For Trump At Convention

"A delegate to the Republican national convention from Virginia filed a federal lawsuit Friday to avoid being bound to vote for Donald Trump on the first ballot in Cleveland.

The delegate, Carroll Boston Correll, is a longtime local GOP official who claims Trump is "unfit to serve" as President. Correll alleges in the lawsuit that state law which binds him to vote for Trump on the first ballot at the convention violates his constitutional right to free speech. Correll is seeking class action status for the suit on behalf of other bound delegates in Virginia, where Trump won 17 delegates in March."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...-trump-lawsuit
    I don't see this going any better for them than the Kim Davis crap went for her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, but the first two I listed need a hard look as well.
    But these are actually solutions to the real problem from both of you. That's not gonna fly when we can have a pretend wall instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I don't see this going any better for them than the Kim Davis crap went for her.
    Oh it's doomed but I love posting these things to show the unity of the GOP.

Oh it's doomed but I love posting these things to show the unity of the GOP.
    Has there ever been a more divisive election cycle than this on both sides of the aisle?

Has there ever been a more divisive election cycle than this on both sides of the aisle?
    Well we do have different political parties than what we started with 200 years ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It's the logical conclusion of the two party system and Americans not giving a shit about their government. We begged for this mess by our lack of real participation in the system of governing. And now we have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Please see above for my response to that. Things need to be fixed. But don't give me the anti-gun control argument.

Also, yes. The knowing employers of illegals need to be struck. Good luck convincing politicians on most parts of the spectrum to turn on themselves and their allies.
    I don't believe I've ever used that argument for anti-gun.

All I've said in this post is that propping up a solution (a wall) that won't work is a waste of time and money. You can conclude of that what you want.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    And yet they still have a lot more problems. Guess not, huh?
    Could be worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    "A delegate to the Republican national convention from Virginia filed a federal lawsuit Friday to avoid being bound to vote for Donald Trump on the first ballot in Cleveland."
    Huh. I wonder what the Supreme Court would ooooooooooh right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zenwhateverthenameis, did the same thing. Both claimed to not be Trump supporters as well...

- - - Updated - - -

That's flawed logic on several levels. First, that argument has not and does not work for gun legistlation, as gun regulation votes should show you. Second, for a seatbelt to equal the wall, you wouldn't be regulated to wear a seatbelt, but drive a tank. I'm not sure who'd be paying for the armoring your vehicle, to make the analogy perfect.
    It appears that way to you. Hard to drive a tank at 70 mph down a Interstate highway, relatively comfortable, not too loud of a noise and get 30 mile to the gallon of fuel.lol!

I know, that was what I did in the Army. Drive a 50 ton main battle tank. A lot of fun, but about 50 miles of that and you are exhausted. So we compromise when it comes to public personal transportation.

And as a side note. I am for enforcing the gun laws we have now and it was used as one which the anti- gun rights people like to use. With the same logic. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    Yet the Scots voted overwhelmingly to stay in.
    They are still a part of the UK and maybe the ones he was speaking to did vote to stay in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    They are still a part of the UK and maybe the ones he was speaking to did vote to stay in.
    Um, no.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...72130992644096

7+ Year Old Account

Is there anything he does you won't make excuses for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Um, no Scotland has seceded from the UK? And 100% of the Scots voted to stay in the EU?

10+ Year Old Account
    It appears that way to you. Hard to drive a tank at 70 mph down a Interstate highway, relatively comfortable, not too loud of a noise and get 30 mile to the gallon of fuel.lol!
    You mean kinda how hard it is to maintain a wall that runs across the entire southern U.S. border or harder?

I know, that was what I did in the Army. Drive a 50 ton main battle tank. A lot of fun, but about 50 miles of that and you are exhausted. So we compromise when it comes to public personal transportation.
    Then you recognize how stupid the wall is? I didn't make the comparison because i think a tank is a reasonable demand...

And as a side note. I am for enforcing the gun laws we have now and it was used as one which the anti- gun rights people like to use. With the same logic. :P
    The same logic would lead you to be against the wall as well.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi