Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the reason people hated spine of deathwing was

it was super ffing hard, when you downed spine, you would down madness
    and because those scared of heights and who get motion sickness did not like looking over the edge

if anything hellhiem is more like spine because you have the motion sickness

nightmare eye is much more like yog sarron, kill adds over and over, move adds near a thing (like the first phase of yog sarron) to kill them and move to next phase, then have a big phase of burst down a boss

- - - Updated - - -

lol yeah no lets not get into the "the game was so much harder back in the day" argument... like why do people allways need to make everything about vanilla

most if not all of these people who found heroic deathwing spine hard... played during vanilla and did those raids...
    I highly doubt that. The beginning of Cata drove off a lot of the Vanilla crowd. If you're seriously going to argue that ANYONE who actually raided seriously during Vanilla would argue that Spine was difficult, you're out of your mind.

I mean they already gave us that in BRF with Blast Furnace, it's not a spine exclusive thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I highly doubt that. The beginning of Cata drove off a lot of the Vanilla crowd. If you're seriously going to argue that ANYONE who actually raided seriously during Vanilla would argue that Spine was difficult, you're out of your mind.
    alot of top end guilds still have many players who have played since vanilla :P heck ive been playing since vanilla, more then half my life

and again lets not start a "vanilla was so much harder dur duh hur" argument... its repetitive and goes no where

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I found on spine the roll was buggy that was my major complaint. The other big problem was that when it first came out it really required the dps to be high burst classes.
    what was wrong with that? (Dps Bursts) I thought everyone Blew personal CDs on the first Tendril Lust on the 2nd and Personals/pots on the 3rd. Unless you had a raid full of Warlocks and shadow priests shouldn't of been a huge issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol@losers who get motion sickness from computer games, try leaving your chair once in a while.

Spine was a difficult fight, was not very fun for us who healed it on heroic. It was a terribly designed fight though. As it's already been said, this has Yogg copy all over it. Which imo was one of the best fights Blizzard has created.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Lol@losers who get motion sickness from computer games, try leaving your chair once in a while.

Spine was a difficult fight, was not very fun for us who healed it on heroic. It was a terribly designed fight though. As it's already been said, this has Yogg copy all over it. Which imo was one of the best fights Blizzard has created.
    wow your a prick, might aswell say

"lol@losers who get seizures from looking at flashing colours in a computer game, try leaving your chair once in awhile"

dude learn to not make fun of people with conditions?

motion sickness and seizures are different. don't even try to compare them ....

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Again someone who bases their argument on what "everyone" or some majority feels when it has been proven repeatedly that those with the negative view yell loudest, and therefore do not necessarily represent the numbers they claim they do.
    Was that or any other popular encounter to gripe about really that bad for so many people, or do the players happier with it just let others form their own opinions instead of having to legitimise theirs with volume of noise.

Perhaps blizzard have had other feedback, that which isn't attention grabbing.
    That which says that is wasn't as unpopular as some are insistent on telling us.
    well, google "worst boss fight in WoW" spine will be in top 3 in every single one of those lists.

so im not talking out of my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    ...carbon copy of spine which is widely considered the worst raid encounter ever designed
    News to me. Not every fight is going to be a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post

yeah and those people with depression should also just "get over it", and people with missing limbs should grow it back right?

im sure you're a 100% perfect evolutionary pinnacle of the human specimen and have zero flaws in you, how dare people feel dizzy over a fight that's borderline deliberately trying to make you feel dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    vanilla's difficulty came from overtuning, massive consumable requirement and the sheer difficuly of having to get 40 people together to raid, not actual fight complexity, almost every single fight in WoD is more complex than any vanilla fight, it's just that they dont need you to gear up 8 tanks or get resistance gear and stuff so they die faster, plus players have improved faster than the mechanics are getting harder

most bosses do more abilities mechanics in one phase than vanilla bosses do in all of them. so yeah raids are more complex, yoU'd be a fool to deny it

ive been raiding since vanilla and every single expansion pushes the envelope on fight mechanics and complexity, they just dont go overboard in raidcomp requirement and overtuning like they used to.

if you released C'thun or 4 horsemen now scaled up to level 100 method and paragon would clear it in like an hour.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-06-25 at 12:04 AM.

well, google "worst boss fight in WoW" spine will be in top 3 in every single one of those lists.

so im not talking out of my ass.
    but why do YOU agree? what made you dislike the fight besides lists telling you it's not good?

7+ Year Old Account
    it's not motion sickness, it's the fight's design, thankfully there's no motion sickness on this one so it's one better than spine but still.

"kill small adds near an invulnerable big things for a while then have the adds explode on it to reveal something you have to nuke"

literally spine of deathwing

i hate addzerg fights to begin with, hellfire high council was also god awful, but why make a carbon copy of spine which is widely considered the worst raid encounter ever designed
    What are you talking about? Everyone loved spine of DW. Where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Motion sickness is part of the challenge!
    Confirmed Mythic Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    but why do YOU agree? what made you dislike the fight besides lists telling you it's not good?
    a: no boss to fight with in a boss fight, being a rogue main ive always loathed addzerg fights
    b: small platform, extremely crowded
    c: super small windows of opportunity for the plate things which required retarded raid stacking and legendary staff stacking,
    d: way too much movement made some specs flat out unusable on the fight, elemental shamans couldnt even come to it until it was on farm because they were garbage
    e: it was really a really dull fight unless you were a healer
    f: it was way harder than the fight before it which made the instance's difficulty curve really awkward and made madness basically pointless since if you could kill spine you could kill madness guaranteed
    g:and to top it off it looked horrible, and induced motion sickness on many players

it basically had every single negative thing bossfights usually have in one single fight.

having 1-2 of these in a fight is no problem, in fact most of them do have 1-2 of these, but when you have all of it in one fight it's just terrible

every expac blizzard makes one of these fights and in every expac it's one of the worst fights to do, last time it was blast furnace which just makes me vomit whenever i think about it.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-06-25 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    motion sickness and seizures are different. don't even try to compare them ....
    yes but both are things that some people are just subject to, and certin things set them off, aswell as they cant just "get over it"

- - - Updated - - -

yeah and those people with depression should also just "get over it", and people with missing limbs should grow it back right?

im sure you're a 100% perfect evolutionary pinnacle of the human specimen and have zero flaws in you, how dare people feel dizzy over a fight that's borderline deliberately trying to make you feel dizzy.

vanilla's difficulty came from overtuning, massive consumable requirement and the sheer difficuly of having to get 40 people together to raid, not actual fight complexity, almost every single fight in WoD is more complex than any vanilla fight, it's just that they dont need you to gear up 8 tanks or get resistance gear and stuff so they die faster, plus players have improved faster than the mechanics are getting harder

most bosses do more abilities mechanics in one phase than vanilla bosses do in all of them. so yeah raids are more complex, yoU'd be a fool to deny it

ive been raiding since vanilla and every single expansion pushes the envelope on fight mechanics and complexity, they just dont go overboard in raidcomp requirement and overtuning like they used to.

if you released C'thun or 4 horsemen now scaled up to level 100 method and paragon would clear it in like an hour.
    for example, bosses that took months back in the day, died in days and weeks on nostalrius because people knew the fights, and they wernt super duper buggy

literally spine of deathwing
    Literally? No. If it was "literally" Spine of Deathwing, it would be the actual fight.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Seems like blizzard usually copies a couple raid boss fights and just re-skins them for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    What are you talking about? Everyone loved spine of DW. Where have you been?
    Without speaking in absolutes, Spine was hardly the worst encounter in Cata though I can definitely understand some people viewing the encounter as tedious. Honestly, the worst part wasn't the motion sickness or the add manipulation or even the burst nuke phases. It was the stupid fucking debuff that would wipe the raid if it wasn't dispelled properly. This is thankfully a mechanic we haven't seen since, so I hope Blizz learned their lesson from it.

a: no boss to fight with in a boss fight, being a rogue main ive always loathed addzerg fights
    b: small platform, extremely crowded
    c: super small windows of opportunity for the plate things which required retarded raid stacking and legendary staff stacking,
    d: way too much movement made some specs flat out unusable on the fight, elemental shamans couldnt even come to it until it was on farm because they were garbage
    e: it was really a really dull fight unless you were a healer
    f: it was way harder than the fight before it which made the instance's difficulty curve really awkward and made madness basically pointless since if you could kill spine you could kill madness guaranteed
    g:and to top it off it looked horrible, and induced motion sickness on many players

it basically had every single negative thing bossfights usually have in one single fight.

having 1-2 of these in a fight is no problem, in fact most of them do have 1-2 of these, but when you have all of it in one fight it's just terrible
    a. My class isn't the best so I hate this fight. There was more to it than add dps, remember the single target burst you're about to complain about in point c?
    b. Valid point, but with no ground animations to worry about, how is this really that much of an issue?
    c. Raid stacking wasn't required and 'legendary stacking' is invalid, unless your guild literally stopped heroic spine progression to farm firelands instead ..... you didn't, did you? The small window of opportunity required to kill the (essentially) last boss on heroic of the final raid of the expansion, god forbid they make it hard.
    d. You complain about something that didn't effect your class, and as somebody who played a caster I can assure you, there were no wipes due to 'too much movement'.
    e. Your opinion of dull is a fight where tank has to have a million little adds on him taking steady big damage, the healers have to deal with all of that, and the dps have to literally do their best possible dps in a short window of time, sounds like a challenging fight that didn't reward free loot like the rest of DS, where is the dullness in having to preform?
    f. Yes most of DS was fairly easy, and yes Spine was largely more difficult. So that makes it the worst encounter ever because that actually stepped up raid difficulty for the end boss? Should they have kept it in rhythm with the rest of DS and just walk over it? Think about what you're complaining about here. Madness wasn't just simply a walk in and 1 shot after spine was killed, yes it was easier as you didn't have to have literally every single player going ham. It was still a rush to kill, lots of first kills weren't clean 1 shots.
    g. I thought the idea of being on a massive dragon's back looked pretty cool, see how opinions make it hard to judge a fight? As for those getting motion sickness, you're complaining for them, and really .... it's hardly a thing.

You 100% look like you're just listing off things you read on a "spine is the worst encounter" thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people saying Spine wasn't a horrible experience clearly never did it as a warlock