Page 63 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They pigeon hole themselves when they make cards like that. Nothing changes in this game. Nothing did change. They make every expansion or new card set limited to a few decks. Right now it's face to beat them down before C'thun makes his entrance or stall and make sure you have enough health and removal for when C'thun comes out or play a mirror. I played very little ranked/play mode before Wotog and now play none. Strictly arena. 2 years of the same old thing is boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    They pigeon hole themselves when they make cards like that. Nothing changes in this game. Nothing did change. They make every expansion or new card set limited to a few decks. Right now it's face to beat them down before C'thun makes his entrance or stall and make sure you have enough health and removal for when C'thun comes out or play a mirror. I played very little ranked/play mode before Wotog and now play none. Strictly arena. 2 years of the same old thing is boring.
    So you know nothing of the state of ranked currently.

This obviously makes you an expert on the matter.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    Current ladder is not strictly either aggro (zoolock & face shaman) or C'Thun (Warrior, druid, etc). There is N'Zoth Control Pallies that can counter both types of decks depending on the normal factor of curve for both players. Reno Mage, Miracle Rogue, & N'Zoth Rapter Rogue can also do fairly well if you know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ugh...if I wasn't such a rational person, I'd swear this shit was rigged.

Literally go six games in a row without seeing the operative cards in my deck. Blargle.
    Go warrior. They have a 2 mana answer in every oppening hand, probably works with other cards as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    One session

Seven losses

Two ranks.

*rage quit*

how i miss the "im sorry" emote...

The emotes are anyway garbage...like a whack ass cheap smartphone kids game lol

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    6 games against shaman with tempo mage, get shitty draw and no good early removal in every game. Also, fuck 1 cost 1/3 troggs, can't be removed on your first turn without coin and frostbolt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    One session

Seven losses

Two ranks.

*rage quit*
    That was me today after 6 games, all against Face Shaman in Wild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reno Mage vs Warrior, by turn 5 I recognise him as either Patron or Worgen OTK. By turn 10 I'm 90% sure he's OTK. That's fiiiiine by me, I've got Block up (along with a backup Block from Tome, just in case for some unfathomable reason he runs Eater Of Secrets). I have Reno in hand and waiting, as well as a Nova and ABlast to mop up his Worgens on my Reno turn. He's down to 6 cards; now I'm just waiting for him to combo so I can counter it and take the win.

Then I disconnect. And reconnect. And disconnect. And reconnect

"Unable to reconnect to your game"

Quickly reload client

"You lost your last Ranked game due to a disconnect"

This shit pisses me RIGHT the fuck off. That was my win, there was zero way I could lose, and I was defeated by something completely out of my hands.

Reno Mage vs Warrior, by turn 5 I recognise him as either Patron or Worgen OTK. By turn 10 I'm 90% sure he's OTK. That's fiiiiine by me, I've got Block up (along with a backup Block from Tome, just in case for some unfathomable reason he runs Eater Of Secrets). I have Reno in hand and waiting, as well as a Nova and ABlast to mop up his Worgens on my Reno turn. He's down to 6 cards; now I'm just waiting for him to combo so I can counter it and take the win.

Quickly reload client

This shit pisses me RIGHT the fuck off. That was my win, there was zero way I could lose, and I was defeated by something completely out of my hands.
    Yeah somehow this always happens when you're winning :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quickly reload client

I feel you. Really pisses me off too. There should be some form of compensation for losses caused by d/c's since most of them are out of the player's hands. Clearly the game usually knows when a d/c happens as well so there is no excuse on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I feel you. Really pisses me off too. There should be some form of compensation for losses caused by d/c's since most of them are out of the player's hands. Clearly the game usually knows when a d/c happens as well so there is no excuse on that end.
    Only problem with that is that people would just unplug their internet to get DC's and not have to get a loss.

Was playing TB & got a Milhouse early on. Figured it was safe to play him since you hardly get any spells anyway. Rogue Thistle Teas & the following three turns in a row I get assassinated thrown at my only minion each time, all while taking 6 face damage each time. Guess you still can't play Milhouse even when the opponent has only like 5 spells in their deck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta be honest the more I play the more it just seems rigged.. Either go on decent win streaks for 3-5 games into heavy losing streaks of the same. I know its all meant to even out but it feels like when I win no matter what the other guy did I had the perfect answer 100% of the time then when it was my turn to go on a losing streak they have the perfect answer 100% of the time.

Like I mean there doesn't seem to be much in the way of close games say every 1 in 10 or more is a close game where by turn 4 I didn't know who would win but other than that you do tend to know if you have won or lost by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    I gotta be honest the more I play the more it just seems rigged.. Either go on decent win streaks for 3-5 games into heavy losing streaks of the same. I know its all meant to even out but it feels like when I win no matter what the other guy did I had the perfect answer 100% of the time then when it was my turn to go on a losing streak they have the perfect answer 100% of the time.

Like I mean there doesn't seem to be much in the way of close games say every 1 in 10 or more is a close game where by turn 4 I didn't know who would win but other than that you do tend to know if you have won or lost by then.
    The matchmaking algorithms they use are very suspicious indeed. Sometimes you're up against hardcore tryhards for a couple hours with all the roping and BM that goes with it and then in another session you're matched against the most well mannered opponents who play fast and it's almost as if they're letting you win so that you come back for more in the future.

This second group of players often have the default type names given to a new Blizzard account, names like "RagingBull", "SwampRat", "SleepyLion" and such and you will meet them at any rank outside legend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing yshaaj druid. Early on the season in the low ranks I've been seeing all sorts of weird crappy decks and cringe worthy misplays but yet they somehow are in league with rngesus and I get shit draws while they get ridiculously lucky.

Playing against a rogue. First turn he elven archers my face. 2nd turn novice engineer. I get some good ramp and have yshaarj in hand ready for turn 10. Turn 9 he plays the 6/8 taunt bog lord. I have a damaged silenced ysera, a damaged emerald Drake, and throw yshaarj down who pulls out rag. I'm sitting at 23 health. He has a 5 attack dagger with 1 swing get left from a previous squid pirate deathrattle. He plays thistle tea, gets 3 copies of cold blood and swing for exactly lethal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having slacked last season and starting at 22 I have seen so many misplays its scary. The guy who used forgotten torch on my 3/1 then used arcane missles after...
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vs C'thun Warrior, everything has been played and its down to deck-out. We both played Elise; I have 6 cards, he has one plus Golden Monkey.

He plays that. What does his final card turn into?

Another C'thun. Still buffed to 18/18.

-.-

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Quickly reload client

I have had issues like that before. I have played against players who were using Chinese characters in their names and I am pretty sure every single game that I played they were trying to DDOS my connection so I would lose, even when I had a huge lead and board control. Usually I was playing on my phone in these cases and was running off my Wifi, so I would just turn it off and instantly reconnect to LTE, then proceed to whip their bitch asses. I am pretty sure now that there are people actively trying to prevent you from winning through hacking.

Still trying to figure out bitch ass shamans with their gay 4 mana 7/7 and their stupid 5/5 taunts and frost wolves. Is it a prerequisite that every shaman gets tunnel trogg in their opening hand 100% of the time?

Anyways, I've been enjoying different control decks, at least pre WoG. Now I can't really break rank 18-19 with them when I used to get to 8 or 9. So, I decided to try a dragon warrior and was having better success. However, probably 75% of my matchups were shaman. They open with their guaranteed tunnel trogg and if I'm lucky I can use FWA or my 3/3 charge to take care of that. Usually in the next turn or two they have 2 2/3 taunts up and another tunnel trogg plus some totems and I am just trying to catch up before the inevitable 7/7. They always have an answer for everything. I play a good minion, they lightning bolt it. Next turn I have nothing and they put down a couple of taunts and a 7/7. Total bullshit.

You know it's time to quit for the day when after 5 or 6 losses in a row you play against a mage who brings three Alexstrazas on the field. One regular, two duped with thistle tea. I've almost had her down several times, bam Alexstraza.