Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    In the States Trump has built a campaign that could very well make him President
    That will be the 2nd big blunder of 2016, after yesterday's. The year will be remembered as cataclysmic for the UK and US.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    I was hearing somewhere else that a small chunk of Leave voters were casting as a protest vote, thinking that Leave wouldn't win regardless.

And that's why you don't protest vote in important shit like this.
    Dissatisfaction with the Status Quo is strong now,

I said it earlier, its like a California woodland, its not been maintained in decades, its been allowed to pile with debris, dead trees and mismanagement has let it fester, all it takes is a spark and you get a raging inferno. The populist wildfire is everyone's fault to some extent, I chide all involved for their roles in it, but it is a disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That will be the 2nd big blunder of 2016, after yesterday's. The year will be remembered as cataclysmic for the UK and US.
    As unequality rises, its not a phenomenom only in the UK and the US.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    And then Quebec can finally be free of Canada. It would be kind of hillarious if it happens now with a citizen of Quebec as the prime minister of another country lol.
    Or Canada could be free of the commonwealth to appease Quebec, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    As unequality rises, its not a phenomenom only in the UK and the US.
    Yeah, I mean its not as if this won't be an entirely self inflicted injury. In America the Appalachification of the mid west and the abandonment of the Working Class made this happen, IMHO as much as Thatcherism made Brexit happen. Is it self destructive? Yes. Scotland might be able to ditch and forge a different path. Though I still have intense criticism of the EU as is.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Say what you want about Trump but he's the only one speaking for working people. I'm not going to be surprised if he wins the presidency.
    If this whole Brexit deal - particulary the aftermath - hasn't taught you that politicians will say anything that benefits them, then i don't know what will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Membership of the eu isn't
    It will secure Scotland's future.

I thought Alberta was giving Quebec huge sums of money to stay in the union? That's what they say in Alberta.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Say what you want about Trump but he's the only one speaking for working people. I'm not going to be surprised if he wins the presidency.
    That reminds us of 1933.

7+ Year Old Account
    The lunatics are taking over the asylum.
    IMHO, lunatics we helped to forge and make. The technocrats have been far too liberal with their lives and well being, figuring they would simply die quietly and could be easily sacrificed for other things.

That was a mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    That reminds us of 1933.
    But he was building so many highways!
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Deleted
    Membership of the eu is not automatic to an independent Scotland.
    The EU would accept them just to stick it to England.

I was not aware of this. My birth father was Irish and I never knew about this.
    You'll have an easier time then. I'd need to sign the Foreign Birth Registry, you're practically a citizen already, just need to let them know basically (and pay a fee I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Yeah I'm normally all for sticking it to "the man". This wasn't the way to do that, infact this was closer to dropping trou and bending over.
    Yeah, Wells put it great last night: "The mother of unforced errors". Slightly less dramatic than my "Unnecessary self-mutilation" but that's probably a plus :P

It is a terrible move, but wounded cornered animals often go all out and thrash. It's just to be expected, though I honestly thought Remain would get more votes and I am I guess still surprised Wales mostly went Leave, though my native Gwynedd did not.
    I mean I guess in a way it's expected when the media and right wing politicians are derelict in their duty and thrive off of misinforming people, you get people like this.. As for Wales, if the Union of Craic comes to pass, we'll try and wrangle you into it.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-06-25 at 01:39 AM.

That was not even really part of the original referendum idea. Quebec still wanted to economically associate with Canada and the commonwealth. It was about Law, Investments and the most important point is literally cultural only, be officialy counted as a discting Nation within the federation. Literally a principle alone. Quebec would have even signed the constitution in the 1987, but was refused the principle of being officially counted as a distinct nation. Hence 30 years later we are still not part of any Constitution.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dissatisfaction with the Status Quo is strong now,

I said it earlier, its like a California woodland, its not been maintained in decades, its been allowed to pile with debris, dead trees and mismanagement has let it fester, all it takes is a spark and you get a raging inferno. The populist wildfire is everyone's fault to some extent, I chide all involved for their roles in it, but it is a disaster.
    But I thought California needs some fires every now and then?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

It will secure Scotland's future.
    I find Scotland's relationship with the EU confusing.

"Fuck the UK we want sovereignty!"
    "Fuck our sovereignty we want to be part of the EU!"

Don't get me wrong I understand the EU props Scotland up and I suppose as a long term strat to Scottish independence the EU makes an excellent stop gap but at some point you need to get off the EU train too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You'll have an easier time then. I'd need to sign the Foreign Birth Registry, you're practically a citizen already, just need to let them know basically (and pay a fee I think).

Yeah, Wells put it great last night: "The mother of unforced errors". Slightly less dramatic than my "Unnecessary self-mutilation" but that's probably a plus :P

I mean I guess in a way it's expected when the media and right wing politicians are derelict in their duty and thrives off of misinforming people, you get people like this.. As for Wales, if the Union of Craic comes to pass, we'll try and wrangle you into it.
    Part of me hopes N. Ireland, Scotland and Isle of Man all go and they can form an in EU voting bloc, call it the Gaelic League, its F'ing genius. If getting Irish citizenship is that easy I will have to lay a more flowers next time I visit.

I see it as essentially lighting the match in a dense dry forest cluttered with years of debris. Its, POSSIBLE that this might clear the woods, it might also burn down all the nearby towns, but its a shoddy form of forest management.

This vote definitely puts the breaks on my plan to move back to Wales, maybe Ireland or Scotland. I'll have to do it for the craic if nothing else.

I do fret for Wales and Cornwall, the UK isn't always Minority Language friendly, as the Cornish just recently learned via funding cuts. For all my criticism of the EU, I give them all the praise for their Language policy.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-06-25 at 01:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    but at some point you need to get off the EU train too.
    Not with the US and China breathing on your neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Tennis analogies make me Tennisface!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    But I thought California needs some fires every now and then?
    We do, but the problem is we tried to stop them for decades. Now the time of big fires comes.

A well managed forest with a fire about every year, just a small brush one isn't so bad.

A mismanaged forest that goes up in wildfire inferno after 30 years of build up is a disaster.