10+ Year Old Account
    Texit... really? Texans are so obnoxious. I don't think Texas leaving the US would go over nearly as well as the UK leaving the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by smashorc
    friday's going to be amazing! i'm going to wake up in my Union Jack jim-jams to the sound of a squadron of Spitfires racing overhead and leaving a trail of hot buttered crumpets behind them

I'll run to the corner shop past all the british children who are laughing and squealing with excitement as they make a beautiful statue of the queen out of happy wriggling bulldog puppies - with two corgis for her eyebrows!

bunting flutters everywhere and the man from the betting shop steps into the street - "guess what! England just won the World Cup & The Ashes & The Grand National and here's the best bit - Boris put a bet on it for everyone! you're all MILLIONAIRES!!!"

the red arrows fly overhead dropping fish and chips as i walk into the corner shop, get my morning paper and go to the counter. "how much please?" i say to the asian lad behind the counter. "1 pence, everything in the whole shop now costs just 1p!" he laughs, "leave it on the counter, i'm off back to pakistan - we all are!"

and he's right! outside in the streets jolly old nigel farage is leading a huge crowd of happy foreigners through the street - turks, poles, romanians, syrians - there's even a few English people with heavy suntans mixed up in there! nigel's playing Rule Brittania on a long pipe, rather like the pipe that takes the gas into your oven, and they're all following and smiling and talking foreign, bless them!

just then boris flies overhead in a concorde made of Bank of England gold - "don't worry!" he laughs "I've cut out all the bits the French made!" and with that he crashes into the ground at 1200 miles an hour, along with the economy, the country and all the dozy nostalgic foreigner-fearing fuckwits who fell for his bullshit.

grow up. wake up.

IN
    Hahaha, love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    To be fair, a lot of 'experts' have deliberately mislead the general public for many years and politicians have done absolutely nothing about it. Pretending as if there aren't plausible reasons to doubt the opinions of 'experts' is simply being deliberately dense. Remember all the financial 'experts' who knew about the upcoming financial crisis back in 2008 but did absolutely nothing but profit off of it? Last I checked very few of them were actually punished for their poor judgement and it was the 'regular folk' who ended up footing the bill for their mistakes.
    What you do then is ask those experts questions, not exile them. One of the big ways they profited about it was by remaining silent. In this case you had the experts screaming from the top of their lungs how stupid this idea was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Texit... really? Texans are so obnoxious. I don't think Texas leaving the US would go over nearly as well as the UK leaving the EU.
    I wish it had gone as well....that people are actually championing this exit is literally mindboggling....
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    These crazy ramblings pretty much back up my point.

Sadly the nutters have dragged us all into further needless strife to achieve exactly nothing other than a false sense of national pride.
    This is not the end, like others have said it's a new chapter and about the people taking control again like it used to be. I don't understand all this hate...

And as your from Scotland that is something I disagree with, Scotland being voted out by proxy was unfair 100% by all means do your own vote and vote remain, I wish you the best of luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Well it's most definitely not from the head.
    No need for the hate this does not need to be personal. I was just 1 voter sorry if I pissed on your fried marsbar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    Sorry, quote didn't work for whatever reason, but Wales was the worst off country in the EU, and they voted out.
    You are right, they actually pay £64 each vs the English (in much larger numbers) who pay £140....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-pay-140-each/

Wonder why they want to stay in the EU?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    the people taking control again like it used to be.
    And when, pray tell, was that exactly? 'Elites' have always been in charge.
    Speciation Is Gradual

This is not the end, like others have said it's a new chapter and about the people taking control again like it used to be. I don't understand all this hate...

And as your from Scotland that is something I disagree with, Scotland being voted out by proxy was unfair 100% by all means do your own vote and vote remain, I wish you the best of luck.

- - - Updated - - -

No need for the hate this does not need to be personal. I was just 1 voter sorry if I pissed on your fried marsbar
    It's not being hateful to point out your delusions. What have we gained control of exactly with this vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Isn't it a given that politicians will spin issues so the issue is seen in the best possible light? Or did they go too far?
    Those were the two main arguments (other than some vague cry for 'Sovereignty' despite not having lost our sovereignty.) for Leave. They were crucial to the argument and the side championing them immediately invalidates them the day after the referendum.

I don't use twitter sorry.
    You don't need a twitter account to read tweets but thanks for letting us know you didn't even try and click on them. I'll quote them for you though;
    Leading leave figure Dan Hannan says "I'm afraid it won't be next week or next year" that NHS gets more funding as a result of leaving EU
    (...)
    "We've never said there is going to be some radical decline" in immigration, says Vote Leave man Dan Hannan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdearuk View Post
    Scotland is f**cked without handouts.
    Well that's total shite. The rest of the post isn't any more accurate but an interesting insight into the mind of a little englander.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Glancing over it, that looks generous to me. Indeed it's not Home Rule but it's pretty damn close. Either way, off topic I guess but thanks for the education.
    Those were just the recommendations, they were almost entirely ignored or framed in such a way that the citizens lost out. Just to stick a finger up at the SNP.

Deleted
    Quite correct, the world will carry on...without the UK. Have fun.
    Same applies to you as your from liverpool we are both pissing in the same pot are we not? wish you luck too buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Those were just the recommendations, they were almost entirely ignored or framed in such a way that the citizens lost out. Just to stick a finger up at the SNP.
    Oh I see, you may have even mentioned that earlier :P. Rabble at your pleasure then with my blessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right, they actually pay £64 each vs the English (in much larger numbers) who pay £140....http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-pay-140-each/

Wonder why they want to stay in the EU?
    They don't want to stay in the EU...Wales voted, almost unanimously, to leave....if the English shot themselves in the foot, the Welsh blew their own heads off.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more important question is, what does the UK choose when picking a region in one of Blizzard's games?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Well that's total shite. The rest of the post isn't any more accurate but an interesting insight into the mind of a little englander.
    So no actual response then? I too can put my fingers in my ears and scream like a child. Doesn't acheive much though.

The more important question is, what does the UK choose when picking a region in one of Blizzard's games?
    "Still EU". Until Brexit works out a way to move us out of geographical Europe, so give em a week. Nothing is beyond reach when you use the powers of your imagination!

10+ Year Old Account
    Same applies to you as your from liverpool we are both pissing in the same pot are we not? wish you luck too buddy.
    Liverpool would be nowhere without the EU, prior to being awarded the EU capital of culture, my city was a dead city, London had constantly ignored us (since Thatcher), we were dead in the water. That the leave vote somehow garnered 40 something percent of the vote up here is ridiculous, literally, terminally ridiculous, and I can only assume that said 40% had something is seeing us die out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    "Still EU". Until Brexit works out a way to move us out of geographical Europe, so give em a week. Nothing is beyond reach when you live entirely on your imagination!
    In this day and age I would not at all be surprised if the internet demands that a UK region be added to Blizzard's games. Can't be lumped in with that EU filth.

Deleted
    Liverpool would be nowhere without the EU, prior to being awarded the EU capital of culture, my city was a dead city, London had constantly ignored us (since Thatcher), we were dead in the water. That the leave vote somehow garnered 40 something percent of the vote up here is ridiculous, literally, terminally ridiculous, and I can only assume that said 40% had something is seeing us die out.
    Wwait what? You think there is some conspiracy?

Thatcher is dead, let it go.
    Last edited by mmoc9445a9ffa9; 2016-06-25 at 02:35 AM.

How about the same as before? Unless they plan to move the whole island away UK is still a part of the European continent.

So no actual response then? I too can put my fingers in my ears and scream like a child. Doesn't acheive much though.
    I mean venting your prejudices isn't exactly an argument and your claim was unsubstantiated (youtube videos aren't a source) but here you go; http://news.scotland.gov.uk/News/Sco...n-UK-171e.aspx
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-06-25 at 02:39 AM.