10+ Year Old Account

Question Reputation Gear in Legion Wardrobe System

Hello.

Something concerning the Legion Wardrobe system has been bothering me for several months now, and I'm yet to see anybody ask this question, so, I'm going to go ahead and make a thread on it.

Some equipment, tabards especially, require you to be, say, exalted with a certain faction in order to obtain it and wear it. If, for example, one of your characters get to exalted with the Saberstalkers and unlocks the appearance of their tabard, will all of your characters be able to wear it, or will they be forced to grind up to exalted with the Saberstalkers, as well?

Another good example is, say, if you're an Alliance player, the Karabor peacekeeper outfit that you can buy from the Sha'tari Defence reputation vendor; that set requires you to be revered with the Sha'tari Defence in order to purchase and use it, but, when we add it to the Wardrobe in Legion, will all of your plate-wearing Alliance characters be able to use this set, without being revered with the Sha'tari Defence?

I'm really interested to hear how this is going to work when Legion comes out. Anybody have any ideas how Blizzard have handled this?

At least on the PTR, you need exalted with the faction to use their tabard/gear appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stonebanks View Post
    At least on the PTR, you need exalted with the faction to use their tabard/gear appearance.
    Oh, man, no way. There are literally well beyond a dozen tabards that require some sort of reputation level in order to wear. If every single one of our characters still needs to grind up to a certain reputation level, then what is the honest point of even adding the tabards to this system to begin with? If nobody on your account can even bloody wear them, what is the point?

Can anybody else confirm this? Been waiting months for answers to this question, so I need to make sure it's legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    Oh, man, no way. There are literally well beyond a dozen tabards that require some sort of reputation level in order to wear. If every single one of our characters still needs to grind up to a certain reputation level, then what is the honest point of even adding the tabards to this system to begin with? If nobody on your account can even bloody wear them, what is the point?

Can anybody else confirm this? Been waiting months for answers to this question, so I need to make sure it's legit.
    Ehm, the point is you dont need to save every single tabard in your bags anymore :P

Of course you will still need the rep required for an apperance, that only makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    Ehm, the point is you dont need to save every single tabard in your bags anymore :P

Of course you will still need the rep required for an apperance, that only makes sense.
    Pretty much this. The entire point of the new transmog system (which should be obvious) is helping out with bag/storage space, not giving people a way to further trivialize reputation.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post

I suppose that's the only pro to it, now. It's just a bit of a shame, considering that near to every single tabard in the entire game requires a reputation level in order to use. :/

I can quite easily live with the armour sets requiring a reputation level, but the tabards? I appreciate that they're not trying to make the game the easiest thing in the world, yet I still feel pretty disappointed about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    I suppose that's the only pro to it, now. It's just a bit of a shame, considering that near to every single tabard in the entire game requires a reputation level in order to use. :/

I can quite easily live with the armour sets requiring a reputation level, but the tabards? I appreciate that they're not trying to make the game the easiest thing in the world, yet I still feel pretty disappointed about this...
    They have said repeatedly that the wardrobe is not supposed to change any of the restrictions of the transmog system, if you can mog it today, you can mog it in the future - if not, then not. Any level, class, race or reputation restrictions will remain in place.