Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    I mean I was looking at the damn "I get headaches from XXXXX" thread in the beta forums and it's like.... maybe this game isn't for you then. Instead they humor them and alter stuff for them.
    Yea, it's outrageous that they would do that.
    I mean how dare they listen to feedback for a select group of folks who aren't blessed with your perfect god-like human genetics.
    What a dumb post!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Spine was fun. I think it was epic tearing apart Deathwing's spine to take him down.

Gotta say my biggest problem with spine was boredom and confusion that was irrelevant to if you could play your class. The burst phase was neat and all but the fight was just "stand around and don't screw this up till you have 10 seconds to explode then go back to waiting while intentionally doing as little as possible, again."
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Spine was fun. I think it was epic tearing apart Deathwing's spine to take him down.
    Well actually you were taking off his armor so that Thrall could one-shot him with a laser. His actual spinal cord and vertebrae were virtually uninvolved in the fight.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I hated spine because it was always so buggy for me. Stand on the correct side for the roll, fall off anyways. Add is in the right spot to blow up and nothing happens or just dies without exploding.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    How dare Blizzard make another boss fight with similar mechanics! Do they not know that is lazy and cheap?!? I am so angry that I will go make forum threads discussing this atrocity and the depravity of Blizzard as a company!!! /s

entirely missed the point but whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    It's what makes Spine of Deathwing, and such boss fights unique... deal with it.

I suppose you'd rather have boss fights like Patchwork... ?
    Patchwerk and four horsemen 40 man naxx... i would like to challenge those again.

What bunsh of wuzzies motion sickness of a game.... Wussies!

Spine was fun and barrle roll I did no even notice it anymore after few attempts.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had a good time raid testing the fights on lfr tonight. The dragon looks like it will be interesting on mythic, same with the boss this thread is about. I don't see what the complaints are here
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    by whom was spine considered to be the worst encounter? people who couldn't beat it on heroic? you describe it as somebody that never did it, as it was just as - if not more intense on tanks/healers than it was on dps to burst the tendon.
    next you're going to tell me DS was the best raid ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    Oh, that's good then, rather enjoyed Yoggy

Ok, I get that people get into arguements over wether spine was a good fight or not.

but I do not understand how people can just disregard other peoples opinion on the matter..

Why I disliked Spine:

I felt a total disconnect from Deathwing during the fight. We werent fighting deathwing, we were fighting Tentacles and slimes.. It wasnt a boss fight, it was a add gauntlet with loot at the end.

The pacing of the fight felt really off, as a dps. kill add , wait , kill tentacle , wait , kill add , wait , kill elemental , run away , KILL TENDON , wait
    the barrel roll, althou a cool mechanic at start, turned into a lame gimmick that got old fairly quickly

- - - Updated - - -

There's a difference between
    "the minority that dislikes Spine is very vocal"

and

"the minority that makes 'worst encounters in Wow'-lists Usually have Spine near the top"
    No.
    More complaints do not prove a majority, it only proves a greater dislike at best.
    Without the other side there is no proof.
    And that other side is never voiced as readily.

If you dislike the encounter, fine.
    But not you or any other player can claim that the "majority" of players feel the same way.
    Yet that is what keeps happening.

State your view, state why you think that is.
    But never claim the utter rubbish of "everyone" or a "majority" feeling the same way about something based on what is never a fair measure.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-06-25 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Gotta admit the gross visuals of poking an eyeball and entering the pink cave with some tumor in the middle are more likely the reason i wont like the boss than some stupid mechanics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Eh, people didn't like spine because 100% of the fight difficulty came from the small window of time attacking the tendrils.

Il'gynoth is quite different. The phase between each reveal has much more strategy, the reveal phase is much longer, and there are still mechanics during the reveal phase.

Il'gynoth is much more similar to yogg'saron than Spine of Deathwing.
    This was pretty much my thoughts too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wow your a prick, might aswell say

"lol@losers who get seizures from looking at flashing colours in a computer game, try leaving your chair once in awhile"

dude learn to not make fun of people with conditions?
    to be fair, if you seriously get motion sickness from a video game and its not VR we are talking about then you have some problems.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't get anyone defending spine as good encounter, the encounter was dogshit repetative where having bad procs was difference between getting tendon down or not. I really wish people would stop using vanilla bosses as benchmark, the mechanics were difficult then when half the raid was clicking and playing on ISDN. The bosses are absolutely trivial (from skill PoV) in today setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I don't know what everyone's huge thing is with Spine honestly. It wasn't hard, even on heroic. I'd love to see the tools who complained about Spine being too hard go and try and do half the fights in AQ40 while it was current. Or even half of the BT bosses before the huge nerf to the BC content.
    Wow. Just wow. All of those fights you mentioned are at least 17 times easier than spine and I dont want to hear bull shit about C'Thun because as soon it was tuned properly it lasted a couple of hours. That's some pretty good shit posting right there.

The complaint about spine wasn't that it was mechanically hard but that the super dps requirement to kill the tendon was too high. Legendary staffs HAD to be stacked to beat it. Some guilds also made it legendary ARCANE MAGE staffs. That's some pretty shitty design right there and blizzard acknowledged it and nerfed it pretty soon after the race was over. Fight was relatively easy until you had to do god numbers for a small window. If you couldn't do it? Farm some more staffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Motion sickness is part of the challenge!
    If you puke you'll have to wipe... your keyboard and desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I'm not sure how the mechanic of "kill something next to another thing" makes it a copy of a Spine.
    Furnace must have been a double spine then
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    entirely missed the point but whatever...
    Your exact quote:

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    did il'gynoth once and im already sick of it
    What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Boathouse View Post
    Spine was considered garbage by people who killed it on heroic too. It wasn't fun for anyone.
    I thought it was a blast... I could see how underskilled peeps would hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Your exact quote:

What did I miss?
    the fact that the problem isnt that it's similar to a previous bossfight, but that it's similar to one of the worst bossfights ever made