Deleted
    Will Americans now vote for Trump to take revenge on UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    In a sense. the war wasn't brutal enough. Those 70+ years are too long in the past already, it seems.
    One would want to think, Europeans as a whole wouldn't ever forget that some 20 million soldiers and about 60 million civilians died in Europe right there and then.
    But here we are again, seeing isolationism/nationalism rising all over the place.
    It's a bit frustrating, I admit that much.
    True, its too long ago, most below the age of 25 never cared about the World Wars, then again the speed of which the EU developed into a political bloc made alot of people uncomfortable, another problem is that the EU has to work around a large number of cultures, together with a bad economy and uncontrolable immigration (or they feel as one - No clear full = full, for the immigration I think most countries feel overwhelmed + a failed multicultirism just makes the thing alot harder)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No joke. Are you serious? Ahah tough lesson Brits. You were farmed for political reasons.
    Next time active the brains
    shhhh.... don't say that.
    You and I both know, that such stupid move isn't exclusive to Brits.
    A significant amount of Americans decided they want to have an orange monkey as President.
    A not insignificant amount of Germans think the Ottomans are about to invade.
    Look wherever you want, reason gets abandoned for stupidity.
    So, while you laugh today, tomorrow might be your country's turn.

gosh I've never hoped more for being wrong.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No joke. Are you serious? Ahah tough lesson Brits. You were farmed for political reasons.
    Next time active the brains
    This happens on a daily basis everywhere my friend.

The current UK government was largely elected on its anti-immigrant platform: we had more last year than ever before (and most of them weren't from the EU).

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Credit rating reduced by Moody's and looking to be reduced by Standard and Poor's as well. Pound depreciated and only saved by a £250billion injection (hello inflation). Yeah real stellar job on the economy there, champ.
    fully aware voting leave is likely going to plumes the UK into recession. every recession however is undone, and afterwards i reckon the UK will be stronger as a result.

fwiw i was a leave voter in the south of england, woking (near guildford), where the majority voted remain. for me voting leave is a gain. i will benefit from a "worsened" pound due to the job i'm in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    fully aware voting leave is likely going to plumes the UK into recession. every recession however is undone, and afterwards i reckon the UK will be stronger as a result.

fwiw i was a leave voter in the south of england, woking (near guildford), where the majority voted remain. for me voting leave is a gain. i will benefit from a "worsened" pound due to the job i'm in.

I'm not sure how that will work. Effectively for economic purposes we were part of a large country and we are now a small country. Difficult to see how that will help.

ftse 100 is fine
    ftse 250 (more UK businesses) is down 7%~ish

expected outcomes are expected. while i knw a lot of leave voters voted leave cus "IMMIGRUNTS" i didnt do it for that. while i want stronger border control, less openness, etc, i fully am aware it isn't happening. i voted leave for long term economic gain.
    Looking to the UK centric on the weekend, hurray! and btw FTSE isnt fine, -4% Dutch FT = -6.7%, AEX = -5.70%, where is your economic gain now? Unless you expect it in the next 5 years then im not certain.

Btw, time to gorge myself on gold

Oh ok so crippling austerity for long term economic gain, ignoring the fact that we were already undergoing austerity and there's nothing left to cut and no influx of business to put people to work. If anything more people will be out of work, reducing the tax haul. So more borrowing which just got more expensive due to our credit rating being reduced. Oh and less investment from outside the Uk into the Uk so again the public coffers take a hit. At what point does this become an economic boon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    True, its too long ago, most below the age of 25 never cared about the World Wars, then again the speed of which the EU developed into a political bloc made alot of people uncomfortable, another problem is that the EU has to work around a large number of cultures, together with a bad economy and uncontrolable immigration (or they feel as one - No clear full = full, for the immigration I think most countries feel overwhelmed + a failed multicultirism just makes the thing alot harder)
    I can fully agree with that sentiment.
    Except, it appears that the younger generation is innocent this time. It's said they overwhelmingly voted for staying in the EU.
    The unification process was handled unwise, I admit as much too.
    That could have been done slower, and with more control. We could have supported the former USSR satellite nations differently first. Then integrated them over a longer timeline. Just one example.

Looking to the UK centric on the weekend, hurray! and btw FTSE isnt fine, -4% Dutch FT = -6.7%, AEX = -5.70%, where is your economic gain now? Unless you expect it in the next 5 years then im not certain.

ftse 100 is basically the same. yes it's down from 23/06 but it's exactly the same as what it was last week. ftse 250 is where the proper downfall is but it's still not worse off than 9 days ago (when leave was expected to win).

Man. I am sure gonna miss that 2 trillion dollars. I was planning on buying a third house.

Oh wait, none of that imaginary money was ever gonna land in my pocket.

7+ Year Old Account

That ship already selled mate. Should have bought during the referendum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    That ship already selled mate. Should have bought during the elections.
    I wonder when it's time to buy pounds.
    Now, or wait a few more days.

For non-Brits it's an interesting investment.

from my holiday i have about 12000 php (philipino piso) left over and on wednesday i could get £145~ for it and yesterday i was able to get £168

wheyyy lmao getting richer thx boris :*

7+ Year Old Account
    ftse 100 is basically the same. yes it's down from 23/06 but it's exactly the same as what it was last week. ftse 250 is where the proper downfall is but it's still not worse off than 9 days ago (when leave was expected to win).
    The effect is not going to be inmediat. The UK will recover temporaily. And depending on how the negotiations go, the UK could get at best the Switzerland treatment.

I didnt think about it, should have bought when gold was at 850 Euros

And I totally agree with you Wildtree, problem is that any reforms in the upper echelons of the EU is like steering a battleship in World of Warships when you see torpedos, your awfully slow to turn and when you catch them in time your often too late already, the EU atm is worse, the torpedos are at your hull already.

7+ Year Old Account

If you think it will spike then go for it. I'm pessimistic, though, so I bought gold yesterday in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    The effect is not going to be inmediat. The UK will recover temporaily. And depending on how the negotiations go, the UK could get at best the Switzerland treatment.
    And that would still require the free movement of people to and from the UK. The avoidance of which was the whole point of the Brexit campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    from my holiday i have about 12000 php (philipino piso) left over and on wednesday i could get £145~ for it and yesterday i was able to get £168

wheyyy lmao getting richer thx boris :*
    You lost patience, should have waited til it was 1;1 lol

I'm considering.

It will bounce back. Maybe not next week, or next year, but the UK isn't gonna fail. And sooner or later I'll be able to reap the imvestment of a stronger pound.