7+ Year Old Account

What REALLY gets me

What REALLY gets me and makes me upset/sad is the lack of diversity among beta players. Just look at the forum threads for each class/spec... some have 11k replies... and then some like ours here have what? 1-3k? Like I understand you play lets say a paladin and you want to give feedback on it but lack of even coverage really gets to me. I have/had 4 pages of feedback on WW/MW just from PTR alone.

But this post isn't really about spec feedback... its more of the little things that really get to me. like the fact that I cant even find 1 paragraph on any of the class order campaigns except for maybe a few classes that have a billion damn videos on it already.?

TL;DR anyone have any info on what the monk order hall campaign is about? Please don't tell me its more stupid pandas and drunk shit.

I'm not going to spoil it for the lot but I like it so far. Yes pandas are involved. If you don't like pandas, monk is the wrong class for you.

That's like saying you like DH but elves bother you. Or dk, but you don't like undead.
    Last edited by Rilas13; 2016-06-24 at 08:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilas13 View Post
    I'm not going to spoil it for the lot but I like it so far. Yes pandas are involved. If you don't like pandas, monk is the wrong class for you.

That's like saying you like DH but elves bother you. Or dk, but you don't like undead.
    I don't mind the race... I just wish they weren't so stupid and drunk all the time. I have trouble taking them seriously and I know that they are key to the class but considering its been years already since the other races have learned the way of the Monk it would be nice to see some other prominent lore characters.

I mean its REALLY hard to take it serious when one of our order hall CHAMPIONS is a monkey... compared too lets say Valeera Sanguinar for rogues Or Akama for DH. Lady Liadrin for Paladin? cmon now. I know I'm not the only one that shares this opinion but I know its not the majority (or even that the majority even cares about such things anyway) sadly a lot of the small details in things get me really hung up. 1 bad apple in the bunch really does ruin it for me personally.

An example being that I literally wont ever play my old main (DK) ever again (until I find a way to bypass/get over it) because I don't like the frost strike animation. The rest of the animations are great...but I cant stand that one.

Call me picky if you want but I'm a guy that picks his class based on look/feel/lore/style/fantasy over "hurr uhhhh tawp deeps i'm gun roll werlock."
    Surprisingly I don't RP, but I do have to make up my own fantasy for the class/spec in order to stay interested because Blizzard usually does either a poor job at it or a half assed one.

Also could you spoil it for me id like to know... just a tl;dr
    Last edited by Damaind; 2016-06-25 at 07:33 AM.

Why are you trying to take pandas seriously?

I like the pandas, they are fat and funny.
    that's about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    Why are you trying to take pandas seriously?

I like the pandas, they are fat and funny.
    that's about it.
    Why would I not take them seriously? What am I supposed to just laugh in the face of an entire race?
    Last edited by Damaind; 2016-06-25 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaind View Post
    I don't mind the race... I just wish they weren't so stupid and drunk all the time. I have trouble taking them seriously and I know that they are key to the class but considering its been years already since the other races have learned the way of the Monk it would be nice to see some other prominent lore characters.
    Ya like Taran Zhu didn't almost solo kill Garrosh. I mean Garrosh was getting boot stomped till Taran Zhu got his foot stuck in that board. Not all panda's are drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Ya like Taran Zhu didn't almost solo kill Garrosh. I mean Garrosh was getting boot stomped till Taran Zhu got his foot stuck in that board. Not all panda's are drunk.
    that's very racist to say Taran Zhu wasn't drunk at that moment.
    plus, has anyone did a breathalyzer test on him?
    I think not.

if anything, the fact his foot got stuck in a board is proof he was stuck
    i'm pretty sure i got my foot stuck in placed when i was drunk

I think not.

Lol. I want to like this post

Play a human monk but love pandas.

Quote Originally Posted by dbd_rage View Post
    Lol. I want to like this post

Play a human monk but love pandas.
    I will make you an "Honorary Panda".

I think not.

Well to be fair he did punch a hole through the board with his kick, and the only reason he got his foot stuck.

Well to be fair he did punch a hole through the board with his kick, and the only reason he got his foot stuck.
    when you're drunk, you have less control and judgment about your use of force
    so by now it's pretty much 100% he was wasted.

Why do you have trouble with a monkey as a key figure?

The monkey king Sun Wukong is a legendary figure in Asian mythology, which is largely what Pandaren and the eastern style Monk class is based about.

I will say LiLi is my least favorite of the figures, but that's mostly because I find her model and Chen's lacking compared to their Heroes of the Storm counterparts. And LiLi's dialogue on our artifact quest is infantilized (fair enough, she IS a child), but I dislike children and by that vein LiLi's not my first pick, but at least we don't have Thrall for a figure (funny how they promoted Vol'jin to warchief so they wouldn't have to kill Thrall off lol).

I love Pandaria, it's a continent full of flavor. I love drunken masters and all those martial arts movies stereotypes.

I find Lady Liadrin boring as I do most paladins, because the holy shtick holds no appeal to me as an atheist, it just annoys me.

So it's all about taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Why do you have trouble with a monkey as a key figure?

The monkey king Sun Wukong is a legendary figure in Asian mythology, which is largely what Pandaren and the eastern style Monk class is based about.

I will say LiLi is my least favorite of the figures, but that's mostly because I find her model and Chen's lacking compared to their Heroes of the Storm counterparts. And LiLi's dialogue on our artifact quest is infantilized (fair enough, she IS a child), but I dislike children and by that vein LiLi's not my first pick, but at least we don't have Thrall for a figure (funny how they promoted Vol'jin to warchief so they wouldn't have to kill Thrall off lol).

I love Pandaria, it's a continent full of flavor. I love drunken masters and all those martial arts movies stereotypes.

I find Lady Liadrin boring as I do most paladins, because the holy shtick holds no appeal to me as an atheist, it just annoys me.

So it's all about taste.
    Well that is incorrect as Thrall is now an Aspect. He stepped down after Deathwing when he became the stand in Earth Warder.

Well that is incorrect as Thrall is now an Aspect. He stepped down after Deathwing when he became the stand in Earth Warder.
    Yeah, yeah, we know about Mary Sue. Who still acted as the Horde leader in all but title, and who clashed with Varian over the fate of Garrosh (and then did the killing on Mary Sue's own, because Mary Sue wasn't Sue enough).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damaind View Post
    . some have 11k replies... and then some like ours here have what? 1-3k?
    There is a reason for that... If you read through the Paladin thread for example, you will see that just about all of the people who play Ret are extremely unhappy, especially the PvPers, extremely unhappy people give more feedback. There is a poll in the pally section where 76.3% said they are unsatisfied with the spec, that is almost unheard of... There is an 80 page thread on the official forums about Ret Legion feedback (by far the largest class/spec thread) that hasn't gotten a single blue response, and in spite of all the feedback, blizzard has yet to correct a single one of the many issues it has had since the start of alpha (mostly the colossus smash judgement thing and crippling mobility issues on a game breaking level)... Ignored extremely unhappy people give even more feedback.

Basically what I'm saying is, if there are a massive number of people giving feedback, it's not a good thing, it means something is very wrong with the class/spec and the devs have repeatedly ignored that feedback... You don't want that for your class.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    There is a reason for that... If you read through the Paladin thread for example, you will see that just about all of the people who play Ret are extremely unhappy, especially the PvPers, extremely unhappy people give more feedback. There is a poll in the pally section where 76.3% said they are unsatisfied with the spec, that is almost unheard of... There is an 80 page thread on the official forums about Ret Legion feedback (by far the largest class/spec thread) that hasn't gotten a single blue response, and in spite of all the feedback, blizzard has yet to correct a single one of the many issues it has had since the start of alpha (mostly the colossus smash judgement thing and crippling mobility issues on a game breaking level)... Ignored extremely unhappy people give even more feedback.

Basically what I'm saying is, if there are a massive number of people giving feedback, it's not a good thing, it means something is very wrong with the class/spec and the devs have repeatedly ignored that feedback... You don't want that for your class.
    Not really. Ret paladins are among the most populated specs.

Windwalker monks, who filled their feedback thread with unhappiness and complaints, get to like 4 pages max because pretty much nobody plays WW by comparison.

I mean, anyone who would have played a monk moved over to Demon Hunter which is basically a new and improved version of monk.

Deleted
    WW is/was "ded" spec, monk is the least played class, pandas are shit and their whole lore is boring and seems to be written by someone that just wanted to rattle off and be done with it.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly this thread is going nowhere productive at any point. If you want to rant, then use the rant thread.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch