10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette55 View Post
    It's stupid because I lost, waaah waaah
    What do leavers actually win though? Because by all accounts it isn't more NHS funding or controls on immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    The EU itself will want to punish britain but sadly i doubt the national goverments of europe will stick by the eu when it needs them. they will probally give the uk a good deal from what i read, which means more likely to leave in the eu.
    Tough one if EU goes to soft it will encourage others to try it but on the other hand if there seen as to harsh many will use it to try and show the EU as a negative entity and use that to encourage more people to leave. So basically the EU needs to navigate between being seen as a wimp or a bully.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It will shift the accountability from the EU and directly towards politicians. Unless, of course, people buy into the classic trick of 'divide and conquer' and focus instead on blaming each other for the result of the referendum.
    Accountability for these problems always was with their own politicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    What do leavers actually win though? Because by all accounts it isn't more NHS funding or controls on immigration.
    Their new trope is "Accountability" forgetting the fact we elect MEPs, and MPs and conveniently forgetting the House of Lords and the fact we'll have a PM soon that no-one voted for in Boris. Oh and the fact that we'll still be subject to EU regulations if we want to access the Common Market except now we won't have a seat at the table.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2016-06-25 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    This whole thing is stupid. it should have required a super majority of 60% on a turn out of 75%
    Are you being serious with that statement?

You complain about late teenagers having to live with the consequences but the 18-24 age group had the lowest turnout, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Except the article 50 wasn't called yet and those "trade deals" can't be negociated while the UK is still in the EU.
    Yes, why would we allow the UK to sit on both sides of those negotiations?

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    Actually, in America its called we the people. so yes it is a right.

The US Govt is bringing in tens of thousands of migrants, unvetted.
    Unvetted means going through the UN and 9 US government agencies?

Deleted
    This whole thing is stupid. it should have required a super majority of 60% on a turn out of 75%, not a simple majority of 50.0001%+ which could have been decided by ten blokes in a pub voting leave for lols. This was a decision that has global consequences. And what about the 16/17 year olds who were allowed to vote for the future of Scotland in the UK? Suddenly they're not allowed to vote for a similar thing re: the EU? It's their future and they have to live with it, and they were silenced for ... reasons.

Stupid.
    Yes but it was decided by 10 blokes down the pub, it was decided by 1 million more people deciding to vote Leave than Remain.

I know what your getting at, but I feel people are getting bogged down in the percentages and not actually looking at the numbers.
    Last edited by mmoc8116b97f51; 2016-06-25 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Unvetted means going through the UN and 9 US government agencies?
    None of them are getting checked. We don't know who they are and we don't know if they have any diseases.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Yes, of course they will, but they will want some concessions now that the UK is on its own and not part of the EU anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Google does. Here's an example: http://www.express.co.uk/finance/cit...outside-the-EU

Of course the claim that there are many trade deals on the table require many sources, but I'm on a phone atm. and therefore cba to find t for you. Just google it. Really.

Also we don't want all the same negotiated deals we had in the R
    EU and for the next 2 years nothing changes.
    The Express? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Not British, so made no decision. Just a pure analysis as an outsider.

Sorry but people that don't live here don't have a full understanding of life here so their judgement is flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily Mail readers with their holiday homes are now panicking at the misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadeslol View Post
    the EU forces France and Britain to take them in.
    Nope. The treaties about asylum are way older than that.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Daily Mail readers with their holiday homes are now panicking at the misinformation.

Best Guess: quarantine rules and a permission to settle in France ( but not french citizenship).

This whole thing is stupid. it should have required a super majority of 60% on a turn out of 75%, not a simple majority of 50.0001%+ which could have been decided by ten blokes in a pub voting leave for lols. This was a decision that has global consequences. And what about the 16/17 year olds who were allowed to vote for the future of Scotland in the UK? Suddenly they're not allowed to vote for a similar thing re: the EU? It's their future and they have to live with it, and they were silenced for ... reasons.

Stupid.
    >implying that every 16-17 year old would have voted remain
    >implying that every 16-17 year old would have even turned up to vote

My generation have provided me with the most lols the past 2 days. Complaining old people "fucked it up" for them, when only 25% of them could be arsed getting themselves to the polling station.

And why should leave have required 60%, but not remain? This is not democracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frexit next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka34 View Post
    And why should leave have required 60%, but not remain? This is not democracy.
    That's the requirement for the House of Parliament to demand a General Election. It's not strange or unusual to put such thresholds on such big decisions away from the status quo.

Not that I agree with it, I'm a pretty ardent Federalist, but it is what it is and we need to hurry up and decide what to do with it, not flip flop around for 10 years making up our minds. Which frankly, is something that should have been done long before the referendum was called.

Google does. Here's an example: http://www.express.co.uk/finance/cit...outside-the-EU

Of course the claim that there are many trade deals on the table require many sources, but I'm on a phone atm. and therefore cba to find t for you. Just google it. Really.

Also we don't want all the same negotiated deals we had in the R
    EU and for the next 2 years nothing changes.
    The argument was that the UK alone would have less leverage when negotiating with the likes of US and co, this argument still stands.

And here I thought there was something special going on

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Frexit next?

Damn, Germany and France don't like the EU that much and they're like the EU. Why not just dismantle the EU, and make something everyone wants? EU2?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland