10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Europe just needs to go back to the way it was before, with everyone living in their indigenous homelands and everybody respecting each other's borders....
    When the fuck did that happen?

Deleted
    Europe just needs to go back to the way it was before, with everyone living in their indigenous homelands and everybody respecting each other's borders....
    You mean Germany getting back their Eastern territories and France getting back Algeria? Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Can you be in the EZ without being in the EU? I'm fairly certain that being part of the EU is by definition a requirement to have the Euro. Though I'm not sure if they foresaw someone leaving the EU when the drafted the Maastrich criteria.
    It isn't, see that graph posted a few pages back by Greymane.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You mean Germany getting back their Eastern territories and France getting back Algeria? Sounds good.
    Fuck no, we didn't want the part of the east back that the Russians drove into the ground, no need for the others, really. We are good.

Deleted
    Fuck no, we didn't want the part of the east back that the Russians drove into the ground, no need for the others, really. We are good.
    Well, they drove the GDR into the ground too, and you still took it back.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you be in the EZ without being in the EU? I'm fairly certain that being part of the EU is by definition a requirement to have the Euro. Though I'm not sure if they foresaw someone leaving the EU when the drafted the Maastrich criteria.
    Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Vatican State are all examples of non-EU euro states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I heard on the news last night that made me sit back and go whoa......sorry no link......"2nd most googled topic in the UK AFTER the vote was over? What is the EU" Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It isn't, see that graph posted a few pages back by Greymane.
    What is a few pages to you? I went through the last few posts of his and none have any chart in it.

Deleted
    So you mean going back to something that never happened? Heck, the First and Second World Wars happened because border issues.

Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Vatican State are all examples of non-EU euro states.
    Hmm, there is a reason for that though. They were either granted special rights because they were fiscally linked to an EU country or are part of a (former) colony. I guess from there you could make an argument either way, though from the official EU link it seems like they were granted special permissions because other countries stood in for them.

http://ec.europa.eu/economy_finance/...a/index_en.htm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    When the fuck did that happen?
    During The black plague maybe

Deleted
    Because they are fiscally tied with some other states.

Deleted
    My sincerest condolences to everyone who was smart enough to not buy into the fear-mongering and lies - and who voted for Remain. I honestly feel bad for you, because you really got screwed over by others who are either uninformed or thought they could teach the government a lesson at a time where it was absolutely stupid.

I'd say I hope those people enjoy the consequences of their foolishness, but seeing that almost every second person wanted to stay in the EU...I am just sorry for the ones who tried to prevent this from happening.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2016-06-25 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    Come to Ireland!

What is a few pages to you? I went through the last few posts of his and none have any chart in it.
    My bad, I mixed it up a bit, here it is:

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because they are fiscally tied with some other states.
    Yes, other states could do that too, though :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    My bad, I mixed it up a bit, here it is:
    That chart is old, Croatia is an EU member.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    The EU itself will want to punish britain
    The Eu itself has next to no power.
    but sadly i doubt the national goverments of europe will stick by the eu when it needs them. they will probally give the uk a good deal from what i read,
    Where? because the are literally zero reasons to think that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    The Eu itself has next to no power.
    Customs taxes. Not that will happen, but UK is ~45% dependent on EU for exports.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Woke up the other day and just laughed for a bit, they've actually gone and done it the stupid bastards. My god the fallout is going to be more beautiful than all the stars in the sky.

Great Britain indeed.
    Long live an Independent Scotland!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Damn, Germany and France don't like the EU that much and they're like the EU. Why not just dismantle the EU, and make something everyone wants? EU2?
    because people are idiots, and because most politicians have spent decades blaming the EU instead of owning up to their shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Long live an Independent Scotland!
    I hope Scotland will indeed say "Screw you" this time and not let England and Wales drag them down and away from the EU. No reason to suffer because of others' foolishness.