Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    By the time it changes, they are dead.
    Are we going to have a mass culling of old people in the next couple of years?

As is typical of a Saturday afternoon I headed to a local coffee shop for my weekly latte, sandwich and slice of carrot cake. People were - much like last week - in good spirits, chatting away and smiling. I then nipped into Waitrose to purchase some food to tide me over until Wednesday. The shelves were fully stocked, people were going about their business as usual.

In short? The world hasn't ended. There isn't chaos in the streets. Things will proceed as normal and may even improve. There could be tough times ahead but that was already the case for a lot of people - a large portion of the people who voted to 'Leave', incidentally. The way some people in this thread paint it you'd think blood and fire were raining down from above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    As is typical of a Saturday afternoon I headed to a local coffee shop for my weekly latte, sandwich and slice of carrot cake. People were - much like last week - in good spirits, chatting away and smiling. I then nipped into Waitrose to purchase some food to tide me over until Wednesday. The shelves were fully stocked, people were going about their business as usual.

In short? The world hasn't ended. There isn't chaos in the streets. Things will proceed as normal and may even improve. There could be tough times ahead but that was already the case for a lot of people - a large portion of the people who voted to 'Leave', incidentally. The way some people in this thread paint it you'd think blood and fire were raining down from above.
    "But Claudia, war cannot have broken out! Why, the west wing and the outhouse look beautiful on this summers day!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Are we going to have a mass culling of old people in the next couple of years?
    Depends how much the pound recovers and what sort of an arrangement we might come to regarding total costs of medication post exit that is not made in the UK(that could well increase proportionally as it will make no sense for the pharm companies to invest here til this all pans out).

Deleted
    There could be tough times ahead but that was already the case for a lot of people - a large portion of the people who voted to 'Leave', incidentally.
    That's the sad part, the austerity needed to fix the new financial and economical situation will hurt exactly those that led to this situation in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    It doesn't matter anyway. Nobody will be left there. They are all going to have to be told "Dear Wales, we are not going to ask you to start digging up coal again, you cannot monetise sheep shagging, please "get on your bike" and find work as decades have shown you are incapable of creating your own businesses. (You can bring your singing, some people seem to like that)." And then we frack the entire country because importing energy became too expensive. Flag should just be a big hill with a pipe running into it.

/s
    Scotland is offering to join France in union, so we are going Old Skool and the Welsh need to start practicing their longbow skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, the UK gets to become a nationalist and paranoid nation that other countries despise. Just like America. Why?

"Terrorism wins when we change our way of life to accommodate it."

You let fear of immigration destroy who you are. You let the prospect of terrorism divide you. ISIS won. Just like Al Queada beat us when we created Homeland Security. Enjoy the regret and rue of what might have been. Are you better off? No one knows for sure. But every doubt will pull at you every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    Depends how much the pound recovers and what sort of an arrangement we might come to regarding total costs of medication post exit that is not made in the UK(that could well increase proportionally as it will make no sense for the pharm companies to invest here til this all pans out).
    Pension reform is going to be on the agenda now and I don't think many on the Left are going to give a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Now, the UK gets to become a nationalist and paranoid nation that other countries despise. Just like America. Why?

"Terrorism wins when we change our way of life to accommodate it."

You let fear of immigration destroy who you are. You let the prospect of terrorism divide you. ISIS won. Just like Al Queada beat us when we created Homeland Security. Enjoy the regret and rue of what might have been. Are you better off? No one knows for sure. But every doubt will pull at you every day.
    ISIS are Polish?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post

I kinda gotta giggle that you think you're important enough to be told what's happening.
    I kinda gotta giggle that you think he gave me full detail. Funny btw, someone tells you he spoke to an europarlementarier on a party and you imediately assume hes bullshitting you because... hes on MMO-champ?

For all you know im the president of Denmark. Or Obama's wife.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-06-25 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    That's the sad part, the austerity needed to fix the new financial and economical situation will hurt exactly those that led to this situation in the first place.
    By "austerity" you mean "fucking over the poor, grabbing their cash and giving it to rich, useless bastards". That will continue to happen unless the working or lower middle-class wake up. This is nothing to do with the eu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    By "austerity" you mean "fucking over the poor, grabbing their cash and giving it to rich, useless bastards". That will continue to happen unless the working or lower middle-class wake up.
    Exactly. /10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Being a UK citizen I worry for the ethnic minorities who have integrated well for the countless decades only to have been made feel unwelcome. I can't help but think of "First they came for the poles...". This wave of nationalism and unabashed white patriotism must be like a slap in the face for the ordinary non-english person who has been living here for years. We need to create safe spaces for minorities and give them a voice to share their concerns.

If I was a minority in a majority white country that just voted to keep other minorities out I would be deeply worried about my own precarious position.

Not all Brexiters are racist but ALL racists are Brexiters.

err Britain is always multicultural. Leaving the EU does not make Britain racist or white supremacists and get your facts straight please Britain did not vote to 'keep other minorities out'.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to maintain some identity and having some order when it comes to other peoples entering your country.

My mother came in the 70's from morocco non EU she voted out. Leaving the EU and selecting who can come in and come out does not make Britain automatically less tolerant to minorities I don't know why people have this stupid idea that because the UK is leaving it makes them backward, racist and intolerant.

No, Britain leaving is all about doing things on it's terms and not at the whim of some un-elected and un-accountable body.

The vote was successful because open minded individuals made it so, not some racist minority, despite all the biased scaremongering from every media outlet.

By "austerity" you mean "fucking over the poor, grabbing their cash and giving it to rich, useless bastards". That will continue to happen unless the working or lower middle-class wake up.
    Which is more likely to happen now that the current batch of politicians cannot hide behind the EU and can, instead, be held accountable. They're going to have to tread very carefully from here on out. It's up the 'people', though, to stop blaming each other and work for a brighter, better future for the UK.

Remember, when you don't want your country governed and controlled by an outside source, you are racist. Stop calling Leave voters racist.

Deleted
    Which is more likely to happen now that the current batch of politicians cannot hide behind the EU and can, instead, be held accountable. They're going to have to tread very carefully from here on out. It's up the 'people', though, to stop blaming each other and work for a brighter, better future for the UK.
    That's my hope...but the elite can always find another scapegoat. They still have "chavs" and "benefit scroungers", "trendy lefties" and other groups to demonize. The Mail and the Sun etc have been running very effective hate campiagns against these groups for years.

Deleted
    Elections never solve anything. It is only through collective action and the implicit or actual threat of violence anything changes.
    I can't disagree. It is and always will be inevitable as well. One might even say it's overdue.

That's my hope...but the elite can always find another scapegoat. They still have "chavs" and "benefit scroungers", "trendy lefties" and other groups to demonize. The Mail and the Sun etc have been running very effective hate campiagns against these groups for years.
    They might. They might not. I think it's obvious that a lot of people are more inclined to take what politicians and the mainstream media states with a heavy grain of salt in the present day though. One key point will be to protest and vote against any forms of censorship that try to stifle accountability of politicians or large businesses.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    The world is doing okay.

Lets look at some things young people are in charge of and see how they are going...hmm, struggling to find anything that is not just a call to censor free speech or wanting things handed to them on a platter without having to work for it.
    Exactly quite a few are wanting to censor free speech because it offends them.. People are becoming scared to say their mind less they end up in hot water.. Just look at the cesspool of political correctness running rampant in every countries education systems..

OT The other thing is that not many know is that it was costing the UK about £190+ million a week to stay in the EU.. One other thing is that what has now happened in the Britain may start a domino effect and that other EU member countries may want out as well..

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/24/12025514/brexit-cartoon Interesting cartoon that explains it quite well..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2016-06-25 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Do you really think they'd hesitate to lie to some random person over the phone?
    It was at an old alumni party. What does a phonecall have to do with anything? I spoke him face-to-face?