Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shaqiri stunner bycicle kick though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    been all Switzerland in this extra time
    It has the entire match. Poland don't know how to play on the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Poland was pretty good in the first half

Deleted
    Poland was pretty good in the first half
    Just on the counters.

Deleted
    No, I'm saying Bosnia. Considering our population I think we're the best team when it comes to good players/team to population ratio. Heck, we've always been tough oppositions for teams like Spain, France, and Portugal, and almost always been fvcked by the referees in decisive matches against them. We've also gotten a lot of players taken away by other countries (e.g., Subotic, Lovren - to name a few).

I'm not judging him by his games in Poland. I don't think you're a "great striker" if you perform well in Bundesliga in either Dortmund or Bayern. Doesn't mean anything to me whatsoever. It's the least difficult league alongside Ligue 1 for strikers, especially those in top teams.

- - - Updated - - -

So does Giroud, lol.
    Exactly right, so does Giroud. There's a difference in quality though, just as Aguero is much better than Dzeko and Modric is much better than Pjanic

You can be right about the easier time in Germany but i don't know where exactly you got that from. i think he's a very venomous striker and he can create and score goals very quickly. You can't always rely on him since he can have his weak points in some area's but that doesn't make him any less effective at where he excels at. Or do you think Bayern ditched Mandzukic for a phoney like Lewandowski for fun? I get that you don't like his style of play but if you can't admit he can be very good in some area's that's weak on your side.

i think iceland proved you wrong with the best players/team ratio. They have compared to their population a lot of decent players atm. You have to make a difference though, between good football countries and a good football generation which is more based on luck. Sometimes you have a good generation with players like Bosnia does, but the point is to excel with that team (which Bosnia doesn't) and aim high. And more importantly, when this generation is over, another generation of talented players take over. I don't see that happening with Bosnia as they even with such high quality players can't qualify.

Sorry about the capital i sometimes my keyboard screws up :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Should have scored.

Deleted
    It was 3-2 and then a red card (again, referee help as usual, which was the norm in the match as well) totally ruined the team spirit. There was enough time for a 3-3 but still.

That match wouldn't have happened if our 1-0 lead in France wasn't ruined by the referee as well. France was also saved during the WC2014 play-offs against Ukraine (they lost 2-0 away and won 3-0 at home, at least one goal was offside but still counted - etc.), so it's obviously typical.

But, I hope if we are in playoffs for WC2018 that we meet Portugal this time around. I think it will be slaughter on the field
    i think everyone will be confident against Portugal after these games haha!

- - - Updated - - -

You grabbed coffee the first half hour?

Portugal have quite a few good young players coming up, I wouldn't be so confident facing them. Right now they seem to be so deferential to Ronaldo that it affects their overall play for the worse.

It was 3-2 and then a red card (again, referee help as usual, which was the norm in the match as well) totally ruined the team spirit. There was enough time for a 3-3 but still.

That match wouldn't have happened if our 1-0 lead in France wasn't ruined by the referee as well. France was also saved during the WC2014 play-offs against Ukraine (they lost 2-0 away and won 3-0 at home, at least one goal was offside but still counted - etc.), so it's obviously typical.

But, I hope if we are in playoffs for WC2018 that we meet Portugal this time around. I think it will be slaughter on the field
    France was totally favored in that play off. I can agree on that.

Sure, any team. We play good against strong teams and bad against weak teams so there's no real difference anymore.

Anyway, guess this will really go to penalties.

Deleted
    Totally lame if Poland wins, no effort to even try. Kinda like the polish army in ww2.

Portugal have quite a few good young players coming up, I wouldn't be so confident facing them. Right now they seem to be so deferential to Ronaldo that it affects their overall play for the worse.
    Yup, we are winning lots of international titles or reaching the finals/semi-finals without losing any games during the entire qualification and final phase. Our U-17 were European champions against Spain this year, just a few months ago. And yeah, the ones already in the NT A are prejudiced in a way by Ronaldo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on Switzerland, only team that bothered.

I like Poland the most but Switzerland really deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Yup, we are winning lots of international titles or reaching the finals/semi-finals without losing any games during the entire qualification and final phase. Our U-17 were European champions against Spain this year, just a few months ago. And yeah, the ones already in the NT A are prejudiced in a way by Ronaldo.
    2 issues I see with Portugal is that one, have to find some central defenders, Carvalho is great but is facing something he can never beat, age. And find that elusive forward (same issue as Spain in this one but I think we have some better options up front even if they aren't great)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Exactly right, so does Giroud. There's a difference in quality though, just as Aguero is much better than Dzeko and Modric is much better than Pjanic
    No he isn't, OMG LOL! Modric is really good and has flair, but he's definitely not much ahead of Pjanic *if at all*.

Pjanic is class. Wipes the floor with almost any other midfielder.

You can be right about the easier time in Germany but i don't know where exactly you got that from. i think he's a very venomous striker and he can create and score goals very quickly. You can't always rely on him since he can have his weak points in some area's but that doesn't make him any less effective at where he excels at. Or do you think Bayern ditched Mandzukic for a phoney like Lewandowski for fun? I get that you don't like his style of play but if you can't admit he can be very good in some area's that's weak on your side.
    As I said, it is in Bundesliga, and he is not bad, just not "great". Why wouldn't Bayern go for him, then? Even if it's a risk, it was still worth it.

i think iceland proved you wrong with the best players/team ratio. They have compared to their population a lot of decent players atm. You have to make a difference though, between good football countries and a good football generation which is more based on luck. Sometimes you have a good generation with players like Bosnia does, but the point is to excel with that team (which Bosnia doesn't) and aim high. And more importantly, when this generation is over, another generation of talented players take over. I don't see that happening with Bosnia as they even with such high quality players can't qualify.

Sorry about the capital i sometimes my keyboard screws up :P
    So we had a bad qualification process, very unlucky. How does that make Iceland better? Sure, they have a great team when taking into account their population, but so do we. We are much better than them overall.

Xhaka what are you doing
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Xhaka

Pjanic and Modric have completely different roles in their club teams, you can't compare them with statistics

Deleted
    Like you did in '10 and '12, you bosnians always say that. Dirty cunts off field as well, with the aggression you had against the portuguese team, including making noise all night outside the hotel.
    Bu sure, it was the referee

Milik actually scored?