Legion Transmog: Loremaster for each armor type?

I leveled a hunter to 35-ish in late Burning Crusade. When I heard about Lich King, and the DKs being available, I pushed to level 55.

Then I switched to DKs as my main.

In Cata, I eventually achieved Cata-level Loremaster. I've since achieved Loremaster in each expansion (MoP and WoD).

From what I understand of the Legion Transmog system, that means that I'll have access to all of the Plate (and Mail?) quest rewards (and all DK-approved Weapon quest rewards?) for all the quests I have completed. Even the expurgated quests. And the same for the quests I did on my since-deleted Hunter, for Mail (and Leather? and Hunter-approved Weapons?) quest rewards.

Does this mean that we should all send one of each armor type back through all the old quests (including dungeon quests) to unlock all Transmog appearances they have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Does this mean that we should all send one of each armor type back through all the old quests (including dungeon quests) to unlock all Transmog appearances they have?
    yup i think so
    also i think u lost progress u made on hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    First - this has nothing to do with loremaster.
    Second - any quest you have completed that is flagged as 'complete' on your characters, ALL the possible rewards for it should be added as soon as you log in to 7.x even if it's cloth and you did it as a plate class. You'd just have to play a cloth class to use it/see it.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Second - any quest you have completed that is flagged as 'complete' on your characters, ALL the possible rewards for it should be added as soon as you log in to 7.x even if it's cloth and you did it as a plate class. You'd just have to play a cloth class to use it/see it.
    Incorrect. Only the rewards the character who completed the quest can use are unlocked.

That includes no longer available quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as you deleted your Hunter then no, nothing you did on that character will be available in Wardrobe. Most of these features are checked when you login on the character and since your Hunter is deleted you can't login to force the check.

As for the Plate and Weapons for your Death Knight those will be available from all quests you have done previously. A side note is that it is a lot fewer than you think it is. For example my Hunter has done all Loremaster from Vanilla to Draenor and copying him to PTR where Wardrobe is available only gives me around 100 on each armor slot (out of 400 on each) meaning I am only at about 25% completed on Wardrobe, with less than 25% on weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    Loremaster is a measure of how many quests you have done. By getting Loremaster on each armor type, you're able to track your progress. It's not perfect (e.g., I just did a zone on my Shaman that had a Loremaster of "35 quests," but I completed 38 in the zone), but it's a good indication.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    As for the Plate and Weapons for your Death Knight those will be available from all quests you have done previously. A side note is that it is a lot fewer than you think it is. For example my Hunter has done all Loremaster from Vanilla to Draenor and copying him to PTR where Wardrobe is available only gives me around 100 on each armor slot (out of 400 on each) meaning I am only at about 25% completed on Wardrobe, with less than 25% on weapons.
    Yeah, I'm not expecting to be completionist (or even close). I'm doing the Salvage Yard on six characters to stack up crates to open when Legion hits, but only started doing that about a week ago, so I doubt I'll have more than 4000 crates by then.

But it'd be nice to have one decent outfit to wear, even though I mostly see my characters' butts. :-)

Honestly if you want a decent outfit you're unlikely to get it questing. Find a set you like from an old raid and farm for it. Might also be worth looking ahead online to find the one quest that drops something nice rather than going for loremaster unless you want that for some other reason.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Honestly if you want a decent outfit you're unlikely to get it questing. Find a set you like from an old raid and farm for it. Might also be worth looking ahead online to find the one quest that drops something nice rather than going for loremaster unless you want that for some other reason.
    False to the 1st part, it's all opinion on what you like or not. Personally, I like a lot of the old quest rewards on my hunter, plus, there's a huge variety of what you can mix and match to make a xmog stand out.
    Other than that, I do agree with you for people who don't want to do Loremaster and just want something they think looks great, that looking online will be the best option.
    To the OP, pretty sure you're screwed when it comes to the Hunter, unless you manage to undelete him before the pre launch event. Your DK will have everything pre Cata from questing you did though and everything from Cata on for Loremaster, as well as any future plate wearer you use. Nothing your DK has done though will unlock any other armor/weapon type appearance from quests you've done that the character itself can not wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Incorrect. Only the rewards the character who completed the quest can use are unlocked.

That includes no longer available quests.
    I would love to see a source on this for either answer. I've been extremely curious about it and how it could work, especially with later quests that only offer items based on your class/spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Esandarius View Post
    I would love to see a source on this for either answer. I've been extremely curious about it and how it could work, especially with later quests that only offer items based on your class/spec.
    My very own disappointment after trying it on the PTR with my characters copied from the live servers.

I appreciate it. We can only hope they'll change their minds, but I doubt it.

Can you confirm about the quests that did not used to only present one option? Like the original vanilla, BC, and WotLK quests. Do they still only grant access to armor of the appropriate type? Additionally, when weapons are unlocked, do they unlock weapons that you cannot equip? (I thought it was said they unlock all weapons so I am a bit confused there and don't understand why they would unlock all weapons, but not all armor unless the weapons were all weapons you can equip but not all armor because e.g. plate wearers can equip leather)

I appreciate it. We can only hope they'll change their minds, but I doubt it.

Can you confirm about the quests that did not used to only present one option? Like the original vanilla, BC, and WotLK quests. Do they still only grant access to armor of the appropriate type? Additionally, when weapons are unlocked, do they unlock weapons that you cannot equip? (I thought it was said they unlock all weapons so I am a bit confused there and don't understand why they would unlock all weapons, but not all armor unless the weapons were all weapons you can equip but not all armor because e.g. plate wearers can equip leather)
    I'm not sure what you mean with the first question. Technically, MoP quests have several rewards, they just don't give you the option to choose the ones you can't use. The system doesn't differentiate those quests from ones that display all the rewards, because there really isn't a difference.

As for the second question, weapon drops are only unlocked if you can equip them, making warriors the best class for farming weapon skins, I'd imagine it's the same with quests. I haven't checked that specifically, but from what I've seen, the general rule is that any restriction they haven't openly stated was going to be removed, has been kept.

I'm not sure what you mean with the first question. Technically, MoP quests have several rewards, they just don't give you the option to choose the ones you can't use. The system doesn't differentiate those quests from ones that display all the rewards, because there really isn't a difference.

As for the second question, weapon drops are only unlocked if you can equip them, making warriors the best class for farming weapon skins, I'd imagine it's the same with quests. I haven't checked that specifically, but from what I've seen, the general rule is that any restriction they haven't openly stated was going to be removed, has been kept.
    See this seems so silly to me, the artificial restrictions. At one point armor was restrictive because of stats. Once transmog came around it was purely done based on type. Because of this you can have casters equipping "tanking" sword or warriors dual wielding staves while wearing paladin look-alike tier.

Point is, they should keep the restrictions one what you can and cannot transmog, but they should completely open up the restrictions on what you can unlock, if not to everything you come across/can equip, at least to everything that is obtained through a quest. You shouldn't have to complete a quest on every armor class to unlock the items in my opinion. People with alts of the same armor type will have a huge advantage over everyone else. Isn't that the reasoning behind not letting warriors unlock mail/leather/cloth armor they can equip?

Specifically, for MoP and WoD quests, when I copied over my warrior to the beta I had a ton of weapons from quests from those expansion. even items that I wasn't allowed to get at the time. It seems it simply flags the entire quest for any item you can technically equip.

Otherwise, OP, yeah you need to do everything on four characters (one of each armor type) for the armor. Some other items are bound by class, as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

15+ Year Old Account
    There's been two huge threads on it after Blizzard commented but they are probably buried a few pages back now.

All the rewards from previous quests will be added if you could transmog the gear. So if you're a warrior you'll receive all the plate and weapons you can transmog. No cloth, mail, leather, staves, bows, guns or wands will be added.

Same goes for a priest. You'll get all the cloth, wands, daggers, maces and staves. Mages and Locks (I believe) will also get swords but not maces.

So if you want every item available you need to do the loremaster quests on each armor type, on both factions.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2016-06-28 at 10:48 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    There's been two huge threads on it after Blizzard commented but they are probably buried a few pages back now.

All the rewards from previous quests will be added if you could transmog the gear. So if you're a warrior you'll receive all the plate and weapons you can transmog. No cloth, mail, leather, staves, bows, guns or wands will be added.

Same goes for a priest. You'll get all the cloth, wands, daggers, maces and staves. Mages and Locks (I believe) will also get swords but not maces.

So if you want every item available you need to do the loremaster quests on each armor type, on both factions.
    Guns, bows, and crossbows apply for warriors, because they could (and still can) equip them. At one point they were used by warriors in the now-forgotten "ranged" slot. The only weapon they can't use is wands. I've had a couple guns from back in the day added to the wardrobe in the beta just from my warrior. I've had plenty of staves added from my warrior's transmog collection, and the quests they've completed.

It only applies if they are able to equip them, not if they were viable options to use.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.