Enhancement 100 talents feel underwhelming

With the nurf to landslide "20% to 8%" and the fact windstrike costs 60 maelstrom. I feel like I'm being pushed to take Earthen Spike as my 100 talent. A move I don't feel is very powerful, at least not for a 100 talent. I'm really happy with most of the enhancement changes, I just feel the 100 tier is not very good. It seems all the talent on this tier have been weakened to make ES more appealing.

Ascendance - Gaining a 30yrd range is cool unless you consider the fact that almost all your abilities have a 10. Adding cost to storm strike also is harsh, I personally dislike talents that have negatives built into them. I can only assume that the maelstrom gained somehow offsets the issue of the cost. The larger issues is you can't really take advantage of the 30yrd range since to generate maelstrom you need rockbiter at a 10yrd. Not to even go into the fact that your other maelstrom dumps are also 10yrd. So without being able to test, I feel this would either give me to much without being able to dump or not enough to really use SS effectively.

Landslide - 8% AP buff is just asad 100 talent, I just don't see how this can be justified to take over Earthen Spike in anyway. The fact it's a passive is its only upside and even for a passive talent it weak compared to others on lower tiers.

Earthen Spike- adding another maelstrom dependent move just feels like headache to balance with frostbrand,lava lash and keeping storm strike on cooldown. The 10% extra damage is nice on the target and I feel it out shines landslides 8% AP hands down. The fact that it's only real drawback is the cost makes me feel it will out preform ascendance as well.

I just feel like I'm being forced to take Earthen Spike as the only viable choice on this tier. Unless I'm wrong about my analysis of these moves, I have not tested these moves on any real scale. So most of what I have said is just based on my understanding of how we function now as a spec.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dekas; 2016-06-25 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    I like to dip cookies into milk.

the reduction in maelstrom generation was a terrible decision by blizz, it completely screws us in pvp

So, less than "enchanting" then?

Deleted
    I'm getting triggered by the topic title

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    the reduction in maelstrom generation was a terrible decision by blizz, it completely screws us in pvp
    I have read they are giving maelstrom generation back to windfury procs. So I hope that makes you feel a bit better about the nurfs.

Last edited by Dekas; 2016-06-25 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by codywankanobi View Post
    So, less than "enchanting" then?
    Ya, I saw it after I posted and it was like 2 in the morning here. I didn't see a way to edit the title with tapatalk and just went to bed.[emoji1]

Deleted
    Didn't know proffessions had talents :|

Reposted with title correction, please delete this thread moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    Didn't know proffessions had talents :|
    If your going to make fun of someone you should spell things right yourself. "professions"

it might if we could use our artifact doom winds in pvp but we cant so we are stuck waiting on a 5% chance to get more which is zzz

Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    it might if we could use our artifact doom winds in pvp but we cant so we are stuck waiting on a 5% chance to get more which is zzz
    I thought artifacts weapons where used in pvp.

Landslide is still better than Earthen Spike so I don't understand how you'd feel forced into the worst option.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Landslide is still better than Earthen Spike so I don't understand how you'd feel forced into the worst option.
    Does the 8% AP preform better than Earthen Spiks damage + 10 extra damage it gives?

Last edited by Dekas; 2016-06-25 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekas View Post
    Does the 8% AP preform better than. The damage it does + 10 extra damage?

8% AP at all times for free vs. 10% increased Physical/Nature damage (so only affects 80%~ of our overall damage in ST and is susceptible to RNG) for 50% of the time, that costs Maelstrom and 3 GCDs/minute to maintain.

Spike just loses because right now it's weak.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    8% AP at all times for free vs. 10% increased Physical/Nature damage (so only affects 80%~ of our overall damage in ST and is susceptible to RNG) for 50% of the time, that costs Maelstrom and 3 GCDs/minute to maintain.

Spike just loses because right now it's weak.
    Ok, the nurf on landslide just looked very big. A 12% nurf just looked really bad overall and I figured it was done to make the others more appealing.

Ok, the nurf on landslide just looked very big. A 12% nurf just looked really bad overall and I figured it was done to make the others more appealing.

It was big but the other talents are just so awful that its still not enough to make them appealing. The title of the thread is correct that our lvl 100 talents are really underwhelming. I was hoping they cut Landslide to 10-12% and find a way to bring ES and Asc up.

Deleted
    If your going to make fun of someone you should spell things right yourself. "professions"

Yeah i can never get that word right, thank you.