Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Thats the problem. Only an united Europe can be strong in the world. Brexit weakens European influence for sure and who knows what might follow. A EU breakdown would be worst case even for the UK. Best case would be a strong EU that afford a strong connection to Britain. But a weak EU (and Brexit really weakens the EU) cant afford anything like this.

Neither people want to hear it: a weak EU has to punish the UK because if the Brexit would be a success, it would be the end of the EU.

There are already two directions:
    one asking to punish UK hard, the other one says that the markets alone will punish UK very hard on its own so EU should help.

In the end: the weaker EU is, the worse for the UK. Whatever might be left. I am pretty sure scotland will leave. And dont underetimate the crazy idea of London leaving the UK. London will be hit very very hard by Brexit. In 10 or 20 years there might be a lot of hatred about Brexit in London. And this could lead to the unthinkable.
    I think the EU was already on its way to collapse anyway, we just had to make the decision of when to do it. Our situation 'could' get a bit worse short-term but we will end up even stronger than before in the end. Also if the eu still exists at this point, the UK could be a shining beacon of hope for other countries like france and Germany and so they will probably do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Angry much? I meant "I might be wrong."

You know, like I typed?
    Why do you assume I'm angry? Why so defensive?
    I'm just answering your question. Do you feel intimidated by that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    They will, in the next democratic election, and the ones who negotiated the deals know that and since they are dependent on those elections they will heed it one way or the other.
    How many of these people are there? Provide evidence for their numbers and how much of an issue it will play in any election.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Guess what, over here people have learned to read what is on the product sheet and it wasn't an issue before absurd directives like this were put into place.

They didn't even market it as butter but because the name CONTAINED the word for it, they had to rename the entire product lineup. The exact reasoning was "It might be confused with one".
    the point of the directive is to have a standardised definition of butter that can be applied across all 28 (now 27) countries of the EU - its hardly absurd

also lol, the USA has exactly the same directive - so hardly just EU stupidity is it?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2016-06-25 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    Well i wish you good luck
    But if you vote leave becuse you think that there will be more work for British ppl you are wrong
    What hapens with EU??? personally i do not care my small country is always controlled by someone much more powerfull in last 700 years

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Yeah the best or well the good part of this whole thing is the memes... which also says a lot I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

There are far more serious concerns with an indpendant scotland than that

oil price low
    budget deficit
    trade with a non eu uk which is about 80% of our exports
    competition with uk putting down wages
    defence
    shipbuilding

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Why do you assume I'm angry? Why so defensive?
    I'm just answering your question. Do you feel intimidated by that?
    You really play condescending well don't you?

Also WTF is this petition over a second referendum about

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    defence
    Who is going to attack Scotland, I mean seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    If the domino effect happen... you're as screwed as everybody else in EU, in or out of it the shit storm is gona be major and global, in a globalise world 28 country together trading as a block are far far far more powerful than 28 country trying to do the same thing their on way, if they split the world just lose the biggest united maket in the world. If the shit collapse witch is what you seem to wish for, think twice cause it's not just bank and elite who are gona get hit, it saving, pension fund, house market, if you have any money saved you better hope that no other country leaves EU, and that it doesn't crack, cause your gona lose big, normal family are gona lose big, middle class is gona lose big.
    the domino effect is happening, and it will affect the UK more than the rest of the EU. it's silly to think otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You really play condescending well don't you?

i suppose it's a kind of damage control.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    Midges perhaps

10+ Year Old Account
    Angry Englishmen who would no longer live in the UK as North Ireland is down to reunite with South Ireland, and also Wales is technically a Princedom, not a Kingdom, thus there would no longer be a United Kingdom, but England and Wales.

Deleted
    The Romans thought it best to just build a wall

Angry Englishmen who would no longer live in the UK as North Ireland is down to reunite with South Ireland, and also Wales is technically a Princedom, not a Kingdom, thus there would no longer be a United Kingdom, but England and Wales.
    Well then you could have a glorious new name - aka just "The Kingdom" it's like some rock band from the past that was called United Kingdom, came back for a tour with half of it's past members dead
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    more than 2 million citizens want to rewrite the decision, which would be more then the difference between "Leave" and "Remain".

"Fascinating!"
    /Spock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascius View Post
    Well then you could have a glorious new name - aka just "The Kingdom" it's like some rock band from the past that was called United Kingdom, came back for a tour with half of it's past members dead
    But they have a Queen who is seemingly immortal. So it would be the Queendom!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    the domino effect is happening, and it will affect the UK more than the rest of the EU. it's silly to think otherwise
    You think, i don't know, probably wishful thinking from me damn, let's hope it does not... I think there is problem in EU but damn if it dies it's probably gona be one or the biggest economical crisis ever.

fuck, and it's probably because some people thought it was a good time to vote to say fuck you to ''elite'' when the real question was so so so important for UK and the rest of the world.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    But they have a Queen who is seemingly immortal. So it would be the Queendom!

nice present you gave to gracious Lillibeth in her 90th year. She'll remain Queen of England and Queen of Scots, but she is not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    You think, i don't know, probably wishful thinking from me damn, let's hope it does not... I think there is problem in EU but damn if it dies it's probably gona be one or the biggest economical crisis ever.

fuck, and it's probably because some people thought it was a good time to vote to say fuck you to ''elite'' when the real question was so so so important for UK and the rest of the world.
    voting with the gut is NEVER a good thing. losing bargaining power, all the treaties (and having to renegotiate them) losing scotland and wales, having to use EU laws for trading with them, but without voice...
    and the pound is plummeting. really, the UK, in order to kill a mosquito sitting in their foot, used a 12 gauge shotgun with incendiary rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Germany would suffer the most.. economically Germany is the EU.
    nope. the smaller player suffer the most, and in this case is the UK
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker