Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    ...will they finally STFU?
    It is their second favourite hobby after suicide by cholesterol, so no chance.

If a second referendum about Scottish independence did occur and they voted to remain in the UK will they finally STFU?
    I have no idea. I've only been here since January but I haven't heard much talk about independence...though I suppose such opinions may very well be kept private given the high number of British people living and working in Scotland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    How often can Scotland vote out?
    Well the previous referendum was a "one in a generation opportunity" according to the then first minister of Scotland. But it would seem that generation has a different meaning in Scotland than in rest of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The entire United Kingdom is divided. If we're to succeed at leaving the EU and clawing back our economy, the in voters need to stop being such sore losers and help keep the country together. Otherwise it'll be our own people that end up fucking up any chance of the U.K. surviving the leave.

In the end I suppose Scotland leaving is inevitable, EU or no. But that doesn't excuse the rest of the kingdom acting the way they are.

This just comes across as way too ironic (given your other thread about UK leaving the EU).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Well the previous referendum was a "one in a generation opportunity" according to the then first minister of Scotland. But it would seem that generation has a different meaning in Scotland than in rest of the world.
    The Scottish do have shorter average lifespans than most in Europe.

When did Northern Ireland say they want out? And what makes you think Wales will call for one?
    Well northern island is calling to break its borders with the rest of ireland to secure there place in the eu being the only uk, member having a land border with another eu nation. as for wales they probably won't leave anytime soon however it will increase support for welsh independence if the scotts win a second independence referendum. anyway regardless it only takes one of them to go independent to break the UK were no longer the UK without one of them.
    Last edited by yinyatto; 2016-06-25 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The entire United Kingdom is divided. If we're to succeed at leaving the EU and clawing back our economy, the in voters need to stop being such sore losers and help keep the country together. Otherwise it'll be our own people that end up fucking up any chance of the U.K. surviving the leave.

In the end I suppose Scotland leaving is inevitable, EU or no. But that doesn't excuse the rest of the kingdom acting the way they are.
    Mm. Honestly, though, I wonder how much is people actually caring about the issue and how much of it is just the typical Facebook whinging. I've kept quiet on social media but I've seen a lot of people sharing all manner of alarmist news stories and videos about how the UK is supposedly dying and is fractured...when they themselves are the root cause of such a thing.

It's very silly. Hopefully it dies down soon and the mainstream media find something else to focus on instead - maybe they can find some new stories about the Kardashians or something. >_>

It's the right time to re name the country DK? (Divided Kingdom)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    Well northern island is calling to break its borders with the rest of ireland to secure there place in the eu being the only uk, member having a land border with another eu nation. as for wales they probably won't leave anytime soon however it will increase support for welsh independence if the scotts win a second independence referendum. anyway regardless it only takes one of them to go independent to break the UK were no longer the UK without one of them.
    Why would Wales vote independence when they themselves don't want to be in the EU

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sytrilix View Post
    I know this will sound stupid and someone will just call me an idiot probably but Scotland only had a 67.2% turnout and a 600,000 difference or so in the votes so how can they be in so much of an uproar over England 'forcing' them out as its not like the entire Scottish population was wanting to stay.

(I'm drunk so you should probably ignore this thinking)
    Because the SNP are still salty they lost independence vote so are now flinging the UNFAIR tantrum to get another referendum

I am so hopping Scottish people leave UK and stay with EU /crosses fingers.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't just call a referendum every year until you get what you want.

It's not fair to the people that voted to remain in the uk or the ones that wanted to leave the eu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    I am so hopping Scottish people leave UK and stay with EU /crosses fingers.
    And if Scotland actually go no to joining EU or leaving UK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Best out of two apparently

And if Scotland actually go no to joining EU or leaving UK?
    I'll be sad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yinyatto View Post
    Well northern island is calling to break its borders with the rest of ireland...
    This does not make much sense.

as for wales they probably won't leave anytime soon however it will increase support for welsh independence...
    What support for Welsh indpendence? Daffyd from Caerphilly?

anyway regardless it only takes one of them to go independent to break the UK were no longer the UK without one of them.
    That is not really true. Certainly not if Wales left, it would not even change the name if they left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Can you imagine if Sturgeon came out on Monday and said "We're going to leave the UK. We're going to build a wall, and we're going to make the English pay for it."
    She would be praised as a progressive, tolerant leader!

As far as I look at it the Scots had their chance two years ago to leave and they failed (I was pro-independence for them btw) I can't see them getting a referendum at least for another five years maybe more depending on how the situation develops. If the UK rebounds quickly and indeed as the Leave campaign have said will prosper, it might be just egg on Sturgeon's face when Scotland (as part of the UK) prospers under this scenario.

Westminster has to agree to this as well, and I can't see future PM Boris Johnson being leaning towards granting permission for another referendum.

Not to mention Scotland will still be out of the EU if it gets independence, and will have to apply just like anyone else. Which will add MORE years onto the process.

It's really all just posturing and virtue signalling at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    I'll be sad
    Well they already voted REMAIN regarding UK 2 years ago, just seems ridiculous to demand another now

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

It's not fair to the people that voted to remain in the uk or the ones that wanted to leave the eu
    Mm. Though there's currently a petition for a second referendum for Brexit. One that will be debated in Parliament. That isn't how democracy works but apparently a lot of people will kick and scream until they get the result that they want.

Well they already voted REMAIN regarding UK 2 years ago, just seems ridiculous to demand another now
    Forcing them out of EU is kinda one of the biggest reasons they should. Everything changed.