Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    that woman wants to have her cake & eat it.
    i hope she gets her referendum & whatever the outcome, i'll be pleased about.
    if scotland vote to leave, then good luck to them & they can stop leaching off the english & sturgeon will have her independence, until scotland realises that being in the eu means there is no such thing.
    if they lose the referendum, then welcome to staying a part of the uk without the shackles of the eu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    They kick a fuss about England
    They get a referendum about leaving
    They vote in after being beaten around the head with the "fact" that the only way we can stay in europe is by staying in britain
    Britain has a referendum about EU
    England and wales, votes out
    They kick a fuss due to feeling like they have been conned into staying in the UK

I think they forever going to moan
    fixed to be a tad more accurate. but you are welcome to pretend its as simple as you originally posted if it suits you to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Forcing them out of EU is kinda one of the biggest reasons they should. Everything changed.
    They knew there was going to be an eu referendum. They voted to go along with whatever the rest of the uk voted for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    Forcing them out of EU is kinda one of the biggest reasons they should. Everything changed.
    Forcing them? They willingly chose to remain in the UK 2 years ago knowing full well they would be bound to decisions affecting the UK. Sorry but the forcing and unfair rhetoric is pure bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    They knew there was going to be an eu referendum. They voted to go along with whatever the rest of the uk voted for.
    I agree 100%. They shouldn't have participated in the referendum in the first place.

But after this they learned what THEIR people want when it comes to EU.

EU is something bigger than UK and no person should be forced into any union if they don't like it.

At the end of the day its not dictatorship. Leaving EU is a valid reason to call a referendum either if they shouldn't have participated in the UK one.

Deleted
    If Scotland joined the EU now, they'd be a drain on the EU, there entire basis of being economically sound for independence was oil, and those prices are still at a slump + there is still no guarantee that Scotland would get all the oil.

So yeah, have fun with that EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yurika Misumaru View Post
    fixed to be a tad more accurate. but you are welcome to pretend its as simple as you originally posted if it suits you to
    Is there actually evidence suggesting majority of Scotland voted no to independence because of EU membership?

Quote Originally Posted by Sytrilix View Post
    I have no clue about any of this stuff but if Scotland left the UK and did apply to join the EU as it wants, can they afford to be in the EU without causing huge issues for themselves? I assume the money we put into the EU now is from all the UK combined?
    It's difficult to say. It wouldn't make much sense for Scotland to join the EU unless it was guaranteed an exceptional deal that involved getting more than it gives...and it would probably come at a high cost such as being forced to share a heavy burden in regards the refugee crisis. Which would be a shame given that much of Scotland has evaded such a grim fate so far. (Ironically that's probably why there's such a large amount of support towards the EU compared to England which shouldered much more of the burden/downsides where that particular crisis is concerned).

Deleted
    let's also not forget that even if Scotland leaves and then tries to join the EU, Spain will just veto their application.

If Spain lets in a country that broke away from another EU member, they'll then have to let Catalonia secede from Spain, which they won't do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    let's also not forget that even if Scotland leaves and then tries to join the EU, Spain will just veto their application.

If Spain lets in a country that broke away from another EU member, they'll then have to let Catalonia secede from Spain, which they won't do.
    No they won't.

By the time Scotland is actually independent, the UK will be independent as well. The only way Spain could spin it into a similar situation is if Spain decides to leave the EU as well.

Why would Wales vote independence when they themselves don't want to be in the EU

- - - Updated - - -
    When wales realises the horrible mistake its made being the country that benefits the most from being in the EU, but the populace clearly didnt know what they were actually voting for.

I'm not so sure this will go her way, you need to take a few things into consideration.

1 - The Oil Prices are low
    2 - She needs approval from Westminster which is unlikely to grant it at this moment in time.
    3 - Even if Scotland leaves, how do you navigate hurdles like Spain? They'll likely block Scotland's membership over Catalonian concerns.

Forcing them? They willingly chose to remain in the UK 2 years ago knowing full well they would be bound to decisions affecting the UK. Sorry but the forcing and unfair rhetoric is pure bollocks
    were talking about when it was almost certain that remain was going to win and to be fair scotland is better off in a UK which is in the EU so ofc they stay now its flipped ofc they want out, people can change their minds on a dime

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The SNP are a party based on perceived grievance. At grassroots level, the independence movement is a racist attack on English people. Sturgeon was cutting about before last years election hugging the leader of the Welsh party as if they're all buddies committed to splitting the uk but now she has a problem- Wales voted out the EU. This makes it harder to point the finger at 'the English bastard'. The bogeyman of Scottish politics.

Unionism is good. We should stay in the EU
    Unionism is bad. We should leave the UK

What the fuck? Explain that one to me
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    The SNP are a party based on perceived grievance. At grassroots level, the independence movement is a racist attack on English people. Sturgeon was cutting about before last years election hugging the leader of the Welsh party as if they're all buddies committed to splitting the uk but now she has a problem- Wales voted out the EU. This makes it harder to point the finger at 'the English bastard'. The bogeyman of Scottish politics.

Unionism is good. We should stay in the EU
    Unionism is bad. We should leave the UK

What the fuck? Explain that one to me
    Nothing to explain really. You already said it. Many Scots simply dont like Englishmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Nothing to explain really. You already said it. Many Scots simply dont like Englishmen.
    Not likely in the major cities at least, I'd imagine - given the high number of English people living there. As well as students from other parts of the world.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Not likely in the major cities at least, I'd imagine - given the high number of English people living there. As well as students from other parts of the world.
    Oh no it's bad everywhere. The few English kids in my school were ripped on without mercy
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/caK9VTT.png

Infracted- Image responses are not allowed
    As an American. I feel like this is exactly what I'm seeing happen but it has to be more complicated than that.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Oh no it's bad everywhere. The few English kids in my school were ripped on without mercy
    Englishmen trying to play the victim card? Truly the Brexit has changed the game....

So, Scotland voted to stay with the UK primarily because of EU membership. Then the UK leaves the EU shortly after. Now Scotland is having talks of independence because they're no longer EU members despite voting to remain in the EU and the English are surprised the Scots are trying to leave?

/slowclap