Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by upirlikhyi View Post
    It's the fact that people dismiss us disabled people as less then human.
    I am sure most don't mean that way, they should be happy to be friend with you (therefore not treating you sub human)

But being in relationship is another matter, many people have many preference, for example I don't date women with kids, or certain skin colour, it isn't very nice for people within that bracket but that is my preference. I am sure someone would include those people within their bracket though.

Not wanting to date someone does NOT equal to treating them sub human

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    That's pretty much what women need men for...
    Really? wow

ok and on that note I believe I am out of this thread

Have a good day everyone
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Really? wow

Have a good day everyone
    You didn't know this? Lugging heavy stuff around and killing spiders are what we're good for man...

Really? wow

Have a good day everyone
    You are wasting way too much energy on random shit posters on a forum. I'd almost bet that was meant in jest.

Time to get cats, lots of cats.

IMO if the disability makes a person unattractive(Darth Vader heavy breathing, colostomy bags etc) I would not hesitate ending a potential relationship just to respect everyone's time and feelings.

Personally I've found some girls with disfigurements, disabilities and such attractive. But they were very attractive otherwise with decent personalities.

You have probably passed the point of reward for effort. Keep at it and hopefully get lucky or toss in the towel and get cats.

7+ Year Old Account
    I too have a disability ; unfortunately it also comes with an expiration date, like 5-10 years. Once I found out I had it, I dropped out of the dating game completely. I just didn't see putting someone thru all of that. On the other hand, if you are relatively healthy despite the disability, then go for it. And yes, a great majority of the people you meet online are emotionally disabled, shall we say.
    Protect the weak. Punish the wicked.
    If you have something bad to say about Blizz, come at me bro.

You didn't know this? Lugging heavy stuff around and killing spiders are what we're good for man...
    Shit, I need a chick that'll handle the spiders. I probably cook better than her anyway so we can swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP? If there is a slim chance your lucky down below take a dic pick. If your in a wheel chair with No arms, No legs, one eye, no teeth and a bear belly throwing around 10 inches plus with have them running at you like there being chased by a T-Rex. Sad as this is, its kinda true for alot of wemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I am sure most don't mean that way, they should be happy to be friend with you (therefore not treating you sub human)

But being in relationship is another matter, many people have many preference, for example I don't date women with kids, or certain skin colour, it isn't very nice for people within that bracket but that is my preference. I am sure someone would include those people within their bracket though.

Not wanting to date someone does NOT equal to treating them sub human
    Ok agreed. Everyone has preferences and I should not have called Hana an asshole. I appologized in the thread and did it via PM as well.

Personal experience with some people have jaded me and while I have recently met a very nice lady who don't care about my issues I have been treated as sub-human in the past.

Stitched Up Heart

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Would you ignore somebody upon finding out?
    I think it's all about how much disability are talking about versus how much I'm interested.

There are people who will be interested so much that they will not care that much about your disability, but to be honest that's something you will not find in the vast majority of cases. It's similar to dating someone with kids, it's more complicated and the long term relationship is way more serious than dating someone with no kids, but there will be cases where the kids will not be a problem because the other part is interested so much that they don't care.

With DMD, sadly, there's still the problem that having kids can potentially lead to more frustration with DMD. So it can also be a turn off to other people. (I'm assuming you're a woman)

It's an inconvenient fact that most people are not in the "networking game" to deal with complicated situations.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Personally i'm currently feeling angry, frustrated and disheartened but at the same time understanding that not everybody wants to deal with that shit
    You're not wrong. It is frustrating. But it's something you will have to deal until you find someone that will like you so much that your impairments will not be a problem.

For the better or the worst, it's life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Major disabilities get in the way. Most people without them wouldn't willingly date someone who already has impairments, and rightfully so.

Personal experience with some people have jaded me and while I have recently met a very nice lady who don't care about my issues I have been treated as sub-human in the past.
    I'm healthy and have been as well.

Some people are actually just assholes.

Idk...most of the ladies I have dated would rather at least try to carry the heavy thing first.

I can kill a spider but snakes I am useless....I will admit and have no problems with it they terrify me. I was bit at 5 by a rattlesnake and never got over the fear

Stitched Up Heart

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    OP? If there is a slim chance your lucky down below take a dic pick. If your in a wheel chair with No arms, No legs, one eye, no teeth and a bear belly throwing around 10 inches plus with have them running at you like there being chased by a T-Rex. Sad as this is, its kinda true for alot of wemon.
    My friends and I called these women "Night Riders" back in High School. You can probably figure it out.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    My friends and I called these women "Night Riders" back in High School. You can probably figure it out.
    They hooked up with only black guys?

They ride bikes at night with them?

They hooked up with only black guys?
    ding ding ding.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

ding ding ding.
    Wasn't that hard but ty, I aim to please!

People keep not looking at your name and assume you are a woman. Anyway, I don't know how difficult it is to begin with for a gay man to find someone, I don't think grindr is real great for anything but hookups (if thats what your using) but your disability will sadly put people off. For me, as long as they will live a long life and not to impaired to travel, disability doesn't matter to me. But for a hookup, as long as they don't die during the act, I'm fine. The longevity of life is also a factor in having a friendship. I would be to afraid to get attached to someone as a close friend only to lose them in a few years, of course that could happen to a healthy person also.

Really? wow

Have a good day everyone
    I plan on working out to lift heavy things on my own because my boyfriend isn't too strong and has difficulty putting on muscle, and I don't. Some of us just want a companion to enjoy life with, I can lift heavy things for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheries View Post
    People keep not looking at your name and assume you are a woman. Anyway, I don't know how difficult it is to begin with for a gay man to find someone, I don't think grindr is real great for anything but hookups (if thats what your using) but your disability will sadly put people off. For me, as long as they will live a long life and not to impaired to travel, disability doesn't matter to me. But for a hookup, as long as they don't die during the act, I'm fine. The longevity of life is also a factor in having a friendship. I would be to afraid to get attached to someone as a close friend only to lose them in a few years, of course that could happen to a healthy person also.

I plan on working out to lift heavy things on my own because my boyfriend isn't too strong and has difficulty putting on muscle, and I don't. Some of us just want a companion to enjoy life with, I can lift heavy things for myself.
    That's why I couldn't believe that statement. It was probably in jest but.

Stitched Up Heart