Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Aye not saying it's easy to do, we will see how it pans out. If they pull it off then it's really impressive and definitely a step up. And as for the SC I haven't actually used it myself with the beta build, just going on hearsay really. Is Collision still working on it with you? Haven't seen him around here in an age.

Aye I was too slow to edit, I haven't actually used the latest SC at all and it was based on something a friend had told me from simming his char earlier this week. It would give an answer as to why Frothing Berserker would come out above Carnage though. And the post I was replying to was talking about level 100.
    Ya I think Frothing Berserker would only work (over Carnage and Massacre) if you opt to not use Carnage at all other than a reset of the buff (which is annoying cause, you have to grind out the full brunt of rage bar again)- and just rotate the other three (BT/FS/RB).

That said, in comparison to Carnage and Massacre, Frothing Berseker (technically) is synergistic with AoE situations due to Wrecking Ball procs and bladestorm (and you can reset the buff with using a non-wrecking ball Whirlwind. But pure AoE situations, I guess, will be reserved to trash packs.

Aye not saying it's easy to do, we will see how it pans out. If they pull it off then it's really impressive and definitely a step up. And as for the SC I haven't actually used it myself with the beta build, just going on hearsay really. Is Collision still working on it with you? Haven't seen him around here in an age.
    Yea, he's still working in the background.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Haven't played the beta or my war during WoD, but started playing again a few weeks ago. I was wondering how does the gameplay fares? I'm pondering what class to main for Legion and as for now I'm hesitating between Fury War, DK or DH. DH Havoc doesn't seem too appealing and I don't like the idea of having to play 1H Frost (I don't enjoy Unholy).

So anyway, I wanted to know if Fury feels good and dynamic. It has always been my favourite spec, especially during SoO, so would love to play it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Haven't played the beta or my war during WoD, but started playing again a few weeks ago. I was wondering how does the gameplay fares? I'm pondering what class to main for Legion and as for now I'm hesitating between Fury War, DK or DH. DH Havoc doesn't seem too appealing and I don't like the idea of having to play 1H Frost (I don't enjoy Unholy).

So anyway, I wanted to know if Fury feels good and dynamic. It has always been my favourite spec, especially during SoO, so would love to play it again.
    I haven't played it, but people seem pretty strongly divided on the subject. Some say it feels like a frenzied berserker, and exactly what they want in the class. Others feel like too many things light up at once, creating a confusing mess that isn't frenzied so much as overwhelmed. There doesn't seem to really be a consensus on this, since it ultimately comes down to what you like and how well you can navigate all the buttons to press.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    I haven't played it, but people seem pretty strongly divided on the subject. Some say it feels like a frenzied berserker, and exactly what they want in the class. Others feel like too many things light up at once, creating a confusing mess that isn't frenzied so much as overwhelmed. There doesn't seem to really be a consensus on this, since it ultimately comes down to what you like and how well you can navigate all the buttons to press.
    Pretty much this. You can take talents to make it feel like a pretty smooth spec, or you can take talents that you just have a ton of shit to press and hail mary it. I don't think the spec feels bad to just go and play. What does feel bad is trying to get into optimizing and needing to get the most out of the spec, as it becomes quite convoluted rather quickly and really makes almost no sense in what it feels like you should be doing as compared to what is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Pretty much this. You can take talents to make it feel like a pretty smooth spec, or you can take talents that you just have a ton of shit to press and hail mary it. I don't think the spec feels bad to just go and play. What does feel bad is trying to get into optimizing and needing to get the most out of the spec, as it becomes quite convoluted rather quickly and really makes almost no sense in what it feels like you should be doing as compared to what is best.

So you would say there's not actually a lot of choices as far as talents go if you want to perform well?
    That's how it looks to me currently. I said this couple of pages back but Fresh meat is honestly a GARBAGE filler talent, it has no competition over Endless rage or War machine, Same with Outburst and Warpaint. (though sadly warpaint will have it's place I expect :\ )

Really the only 2 talents 'choices' I can see that have an effect on gameplay is Frenzy - Inner rage and Bladestorm - Dragon Roar.

Please tell me if I am wrong but this is only what I've picked up.
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

The new AMR tool simulating actual bosses is a massive step up from what SC has been doing in terms of raiding usefulness. That's assuming it's accurate, which is going to be the real concern, we've had tonnes of sim style tools over the years that weren't.

From what my buddy told me in the week from playing with SC, in level 100 gear the sim is not using Rampage at all, it's just using Raging Blow and Bloodthirst with a FS filler. I haven't been following theorycrafting or touching wow for fucking ages so I don't know why.. Maybe Rampage is a dps loss at level 100 with HFC gear?

It's because the AMR tool didn't have Rampage triggering Enrage. I found the discrepancy, and it should be fixed soon.

Im trying to test out warrior on the beta but ive never played the warrior class. what talents should I take? thanks
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    Im trying to test out warrior on the beta but ive never played the warrior class. what talents should I take? thanks
    http://legion.wowhead.com/guide=3816...rrior-leveling
    http://legion.wowhead.com/guide=3935...rrior-leveling

do you have one for lvl 110 single target? i just wanna hit the target dummy
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    do you have one for lvl 110 single target? i just wanna hit the target dummy
    What you're doing will influence talent choice - if you were to do a dungeon, I might suggest AoE talents, even though there are single target fights, just because you cant change talents. If you were instead to do a raid boss, I might suggest Massacre, but that would be worthless when smacking a dummy that never goes below 99%.

If all you want to do is get a feel for how it plays, better you simply change talents and try different combinations for yourself than have someone tell you what to use. A feeling for mechanics and theoretical damage output aren't always in line with one another.

Deleted
    @Archimtiros
    I believe that Arms guide is having some factual errors.

The best general path for leveling the artifact starts with Crushing Blows and moves towards Corrupted Blood of Zakajz.

After which, reverse direction, and move Tactical Advance to Corrupted Blood of Zakajz and Focus in Battle.
    I believe the first one should be Shattered Defenses, then the Second Zakajz should be accurate.
    Not sure if you can edit/mod it, but I figured I'd put it there for people looking at it so they don't get bereft when it states going in two different directions for the same trait.

EDIT;
    On a side note, Warbreaker gives Shattered Defenses - Intended or not? This makes me think that the legendary item which applies CS on Heroic Leap may benefit from it too? Would be rather neat.
    Last edited by mmoc96f3bf9e48; 2016-06-26 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    @Archimtiros
    I believe that Arms guide is having some factual errors.

I believe the first one should be Shattered Defenses, then the Second Zakajz should be accurate.
    Not sure if you can edit/mod it, but I figured I'd put it there for people looking at it so they don't get bereft when it states going in two different directions for the same trait.
    Just a "factual error", just a typo, it should say toward Shattered Defenses in the first line. Probably just copied the wrong spell ID.

Deleted
    Yeah, error I should say, my apologies.

I personally don't agree with bounding stride for leveling when you compare it to second wind, the health regen is quite good, especially as you can combine it with Die by the Sword / los / kiting a bit on physical damage rares/champions/whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    Yeah, error I should say, my apologies.

I personally don't agree with bounding stride for leveling when you compare it to second wind, the health regen is quite good, especially as you can combine it with Die by the Sword / los / kiting a bit on physical damage rares/champions/whatever
    Which is why the explanation accounts for both; read and make your own judgment.

Second Wind is good if you're an AoE grinder. That is to say, if you pull everything in the zone, aoe it down, loot, mount up and run through a dozen mobs until your next big AoE fest. A lot of power players do this, but those types of players don't generally need guides.

Guides are written for the players who do need them, and those players generally make individual pulls, engaging 1-3 targets at once, with little downtime in between. For those players, Second Wind doesn't do much, because it rarely has time to activate, and Victory Rush will carry the healing on its own.

Shouldn't the Arms guide be using WW in ST as the recommended talent is Fervor?

Also, next to the Dauntless talent choice, it's missing the end of the sentence "However you will find yourself facing...."

Fury guide looks good.
    Last edited by Cortic; 2016-06-26 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortic View Post
    Shouldn't the Arms guide be using WW in ST as the recommended talent is Fervor?

Also, next to the Dauntless talent choice, it's missing the end of the sentence "However you will find yourself facing...."

Fury guide looks good.
    Slam is typically better with the Slam artifact trait, until you get the WW artifact trait, which is unlikely while leveling. This was also written before using Whirlwind alone was theorized. I can write it in though.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has probably been brought up earlier in the thread but I have to ask, does Execute feel very under tuned? Raging Blow is without a doubt the hardest hitting ability for how much rage it costs; zero, and if you look at the damage comparison between Execute and Raging Blow they are very close together. This doesn't make much sense to me because Execute costs 25 rage while Raging Blow costs 0. The Execute phase in Legion seems very awkward due to the 5 second Enrage along with Rage generation being a little bit more slow due to lack of haste at lower gear levels. Perhaps Execute will be noticeably more powerful once higher stats are achieved?

To end things off, this is beta so I understand that a lot of abilities are over/under tuned; just look at Enhancement shamans. I still thought I'd bring my thoughts up in order to get some clarification. Note: I've been playing with Inner Rage (RB is free)

Execute as an ability is fine IMO. The problem is your enrage uptime goes into the shitter and you don't get Odyn's Champion procs when you start using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Execute as an ability is fine IMO. The problem is your enrage uptime goes into the shitter and you don't get Odyn's Champion procs when you start using it.
    This.

Also, don't discount Juggernaut. You might not have it now, but it makes a big difference on the Execute phase.