Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    'Notify' is not defined - When Cameron talked about the vote, and how it must be respected - They can count that as 'notification' - I doubt they are going to, but they could.
    Cameron is weak. But one thing is for sure: he doesnt want to be the PM who does the irrational, crazy thing. And Jonson.... well Jonson was for very long time closer to Europe than Cameron. I dont think he really wants to leave EU. But he probably will have to.

Yesterday i thought Brexit is 100% sure. But today, i am not so sure anymore, i think the leavers didnt really expect to win and having to keep their promisea.

Deleted
    Seem like there has been a pertition going round the last 24 hours, currently over 2 million votes, another 500k apparently a 2nd referendum has to be considered.

Deleted
    can i just say a big fuck off to the EU, its not been a pleasure, in any shape or form.
    most of us old un's, can remember the days of not being told what to do, by unelected arseholes in strasbourg & brussels, where trade was the only thing that was meant to happen when we joined in 75 (most of you were not even alive then).
    lets rejoice in the fact the uk is now on our way out of a one size fits all structure & here's hoping other european countries take a deep breath & follow our lead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    We have only voted to leave, none of the effects should be happening yet. They claim that it's because of uncertainty, which last time I checked, was just a feeling. Currency is based on feelings, lol
    Currency is based on human emotions because currency is a human concept.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    You mean refugees and those who come just for welfare benefits? Or those who just showed up recently? Those who don't have skin in the game should not be making the decision. Laws are in place for a reason, and one's like this where they don't want people who don't meet the residency requirements driving the train for millions of people who have live there for years and payed their time and coin to support the country.
    Chill, Valkaneer. I didn't say or even imply the immigrants earned the right to vote. I was just stating they were a source of the skew when someone says the exit voters were only 26% of the UK population.

I live in San Diego, CA. I could talk a MILE aBout illegal immigrants who come to the USA and sponge off of our system. That's likely why I'm cheering the outcome of this referendum. It gives the politicians who want to stop the Bleeding momentum for our election in a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondwhite View Post
    Seem like there has been a pertition going round the last 24 hours, currently over 2 million votes, another 500k apparently a 2nd referendum has to be considered.
    Over 100,000 (which they have already passed) means it has to be debated in Parliament, it does not mean they have to consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Over 100,000 (which they have already passed) means it has to be debated in Parliament, it does not mean they have to consider it.
    Where exactly is the difference here? Debate sounds actually stronger as well. But even then, both can pretty much be "We don't care, do we?" "Yep" "K, done." unless you have some hardcore code of conduct here.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well it isn't binding. That is just a fact. That only Farange and UKIP really wanted it (among the political clowns) is also obvious. I mean everyone knew/knows why the referendum even happened. They just didn't think it might actually backfire that badly. Cameron knew he wouldn't gain anything by it either after the election and afaik wasn't for it as well. I'm not well versed in the rules of referendi (sic?) in the UK, but Cameron should have, if at all possible, placed a total majority (>50% of all eligible voters) requirement on it, to give it maximum legitimacy at least. A close result like this will always leave a sour taste and you don't even know if at least half of the population is actually backing it since you have almost 1/3 unknown in it. But that is neither here nor there. Us plebs can just lean back and watch the show now, let's see how the story unfolds, shall we?
    yup i'm wondering how much those who voted brexit are willing to wait, considering until the whole process end UK still has to abide to all the Eu regulation. Are those willing to wait 2 year?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    And how does that differ from any other parliament?
    Considering how far things are over his head, you think he's able to answer your question? lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where exactly is the difference here? Debate sounds actually stronger as well. But even then, both can pretty much be "We don't care, do we?" "Yep" "K, done." unless you have some hardcore code of conduct here.
    They have to debate the question, but they are not going to consider implementing it, as the decision is already made.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    We have only voted to leave, none of the effects should be happening yet. They claim that it's because of uncertainty, which last time I checked, was just a feeling. Currency is based on feelings, lol
    Sadly what determine the actual worth of the your money is the stocket market and your national bank!
    Even if you dont see it your propertys and money already lost value because of the brexit.

In the couple of weeks/months prices of food, cloths, energie and oil coud rise because the £ lost on value.

It coud even drop more depending on the future negotiation with the EU or the exit of scotland or north irland form the uk
    Last edited by Durandir; 2016-06-25 at 07:46 PM.

Deleted
    That is just some press release media bollocks. You might as well ascribe a twitter message binding legal context. I'd almost bet there is a clear definition of what constitutes a notification when it comes to these kind of things, I know in common law there usually is.
    That's the thing, this thing wasn't meant to be used - its not defined.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They have to debate the question, but they are not going to consider implementing it, as the decision is already made.

but the referendum from thursday is also not binding.. so why not ignore it too ?

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    So it seems like the Pound has lost like..13 cents to the dollar. That would be like thirteen dollars of buying power off of a 100$ dollars. That is so bad.

Euro has lost 4 cents.
    no its 13 cents of 100 pound

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    but the referendum from thursday is also not binding.. so why not ignore it too ?
    Because whichever politician/political party decides to ignore the will of the people, will never get re elected.

Even people on the Remain sign are calling this "second referendum" nonsense bullshit. We had a referendum, it didn't go the way Remain wanted, but now we have to deal with it and move on. Dwelling on what happened will only cause further divisions, when we need to move forward united.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    That's the thing, this thing wasn't meant to be used - its not defined.
    I have to be honest that I'm not eager to parse the whole EU legal groundwork including addendi (again with the Latin plural), to look for how they define the basic code of conduct. But something like notifying seems to be rather basic and would apply across all legal interaction. Even if the clause was never meant to be used (it's quite well written for that though), the basic code of conduct usually is defined. That is usually not something you leave up for interpretation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    can i just say a big fuck off to the EU, its not been a pleasure, in any shape or form.
    most of us old un's, can remember the days of not being told what to do, by unelected arseholes in strasbourg & brussels, where trade was the only thing that was meant to happen when we joined in 75 (most of you were not even alive then).
    lets rejoice in the fact the uk is now on our way out of a one size fits all structure & here's hoping other european countries take a deep breath & follow our lead.
    You didn't join in 75, you joined in 73 - you sure you remember?
    it was always meant to be more than just a fucking free trade treaty.
    Which wont happen, because nobody likes you, or follows you - go off into your isolation, we are done with you.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to be honest that I'm not eager to parse the whole EU legal groundwork including addendi (again with the Latin plural), to look for how they define the basic code of conduct. But something like notifying seems to be rather basic and would apply across all legal interaction. Even if the clause was never meant to be used (it's quite well written for that though), the basic code of conduct usually is defined. That is usually not something you leave up for interpretation.
    No, while it would be problematic to 'force' a nation out, as that is definitively not what it was meant for, Notify is not defined - there is no prior meaning to add to it, its just not defined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Considering how far things are over his head, you think he's able to answer your question? lol
    It differs because when it happens in my own back yard at least i know who the bankers and special interest groups are and what politicians are to be held accountable. When important decisions are made by unelected people in Brussels or behind closed doors at the Bilderberg meet i don't even know who these people are, what they want or who they represent. We the people are so far removed from these policy and lawmakers they might as well operate completely outside of the democratic process.

You saying something is over my head doesn't make it true. You're nothing more than another guy on the Internet with an opinion and don't you for a second believe you are anything more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Consternation View Post
    no its 13 cents of 100 pound
    what?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    It differs because when it happens in my own back yard at least i know who the bankers and special interest groups are and what politicians are to be held accountable. When important decisions are made by unelected people in Brussels or behind closed doors at the Bilderberg meet i don't even know who these people are, what they want or who they represent. We the people are so far removed from these policy and lawmakers they might as well operate completely outside of the democratic process.
    Except:
    1. that any domestic matters have always been subject to British sovereignty. From that angle nothing ever changed, nor will the exit change.
    2. given that the UK was alongside Germany and France one of the trio that had the most influence, your country likely benefited more from the EU than several others.

To conclude that a little blunt:
    Congrats, you just stuck a huge dildo up your own ass, but at least it has the national colors.

You saying something is over my head doesn't make it true. You're nothing more than another guy on the Internet with an opinion and don't you for a second believe you are anything more.
    Never claimed anything different. We all are that.
    With various degrees of comprehensions though.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."