Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Ugh im so fed up with Lindsay Sterling.

She rode this big wave of geek fandom from her zelda covers dressed up in full link garb but honestly shes really not that great and that imagine dragons cover is freaking awful.
    You must be one of those basement-dwellers who don't realize that Sterling is more of a jack-of-all-trades performer than a musician.

Here is my contribution to this thread:

Good theme, it's too bad that Farscape is kind of a terrible show.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    You must be one of those basement-dwellers who don't realize that Sterling is more of a jack-of-all-trades performer than a musician.

Here is my contribution to this thread:
    I"m going to see her in concert at the end of July. I tried getting tickets to her ann arbor show because it's close to me but it sold out within a day. The show I"m going to see in Interlochen, MI sold out of presale within 2 hours of me buying my tickets. I don't get the hate that guy has for her. She puts on a good show and makes good music. Her shows sell out very quickly and so does her crowd funding for her new album.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    GOAT cover
    Eric Burdon from the animals has one of the greatest/most iconic voices of all time. This is one of the only covers in this thread where someone covers a song that doesn't suck total ass and actually does it well.

The radioactive cover sounds like pure trash and seems a little too "disney" for me, but I also dislike the original so I'm bias.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Pretty much any cover of a david bowie song is better than the original
    Them be fighting words.

Though, The Man Who Sold The World makes me wonder...

Original:

Midge Ure Cover:

Nirvana Cover:
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2016-06-24 at 10:22 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sponge - Another Lonely Christmas / Prince song
    Lately - Jodeci / Stevie Wonder
    Jimi - Pretty much w/e he touched
    Eddie Vedder - Reign o Me The Who/ Hard Sun Indio

Some off the top of my keyboard.
    You cared enough to post.

Bit torn on the phrasing, but some versions I do like better than others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I miss TON.

This, and also all of the other ones in a similar vein.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dwightyo39 View Post
    CCR has done some good covers.

Before You Accuse Me
    I Put a Spell On You
    Heard it Through The Grapevine
    Jeff Beck does a great cover of I Put A Spell On You with Joss Stone on his 2010 album Emotion and Commotion. That whole album is awesome actually, and mostly covers. He does Lilac Wine with Imelda May which is great, but I think Jeff Buckley did it much better. I'd go as far as to say that he is one of the best at doing covers. His performance of A Day In The Life at Ronnie Scott's is legendary and considered one of the best instrumental covers of all time.

Simple Man

Cover by Shinedown

Original by Lynyrd Skynyrd

7+ Year Old Account
    Covers ridiculous advantage: riding on tailcoats.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no, just no. Kill'em all and Master of the Puppets are songs you should not cover...
    Wrong, ALL craptallica songs should be covered so that they actually sound good.

Even Primus can improve on craptallica

This is 100 times better than the original
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2016-06-26 at 03:05 AM.

Deleted

Sinead did it much better than the original.

So did Whitney Houston.

7+ Year Old Account
    Battle of Evermore

Led Zepplin version

Lovemonger's version.

Definitely a fan of the original but something about Ann Wilson's voice... Love the Lovemonger's version.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Wrong, ALL craptallica songs should be covered so that they actually sound good.

Even Primus can improve on craptallica

This is 100 times better than the original
    The primus version of the thing that should not be sounds thinner than the original version by metallica probably because they only have one guitar track. The original kirk hammet guitar solo sounds a lot better than that one too. I think you just have a bias towards metallica.

Big fan of the Oasis cover of Cum On Feel the Noize. Yes it is spelled that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am proud of you guys. No really!
    I am glad that most of you are posting actual good and well made music. Reading the title I expected tons of videos with old classic and their covers of current wannabe all-in Autotune "Chartstars" "covering" famous popsongs for the 10thmillion time like Ain't nobody, like a Virgin, Imagine and so on.

All of those great "Stars" ( like overhyped teen 'singers' or uncreative DJs, or older musiscians who just jump the bandwagon) in todays charts are taking old songs splash some housebeat under it and call it a day making millions with it. It makes me want to barf whenever I turn on the radio.

But you guys, you gave me hope that there are people out there still listening to good music. Not those 10 min modern Coversongs with no efford put into them like those kids listen to and call it charts music.

To me a cover is a newer version of a song. A person who loves the original but wants to put another spin to it or interpreted differently. Lindsey Sterlin is actually a good example cause their version, although being the same song sounded very different and had some new ideas.
    Last edited by Uriel; 2016-06-27 at 12:18 AM.

I love Lindsey Sterling and all, but she looks ridiculous trying to "rock out" while playing the violin....

10+ Year Old Account
    So since I am already here:

Original:

Cover:

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I think you just have a bias towards metallica.
    I have a bias towards any band that people hold up as being the greatest when they're not. Popularity =/= greatness. If it did then all the alt bands of the 90's would be the greatest and we all know they're not. There are so many bands out there that are way better than metallica, but they will never please the masses like the pop-metal that gets played to death on the radio like metallica, slipknot, nickleback, Disturbed and such.

Children of Bodom - Oops! I Did It Again

Sonata Arctica - The Wind Beneath My Wings
    Last edited by shadowdasher; 2016-06-27 at 02:19 AM.

I have a bias towards any band that people hold up as being the greatest when they're not. Popularity =/= greatness. If it did then all the alt bands of the 90's would be the greatest and we all know they're not. There are so many bands out there that are way better than metallica, but they will never please the masses like the pop-metal that gets played to death on the radio like metallica, slipknot, nickleback, Disturbed and such.

Yes but when metallica made that song, they were not on the radio or mtv. They were not like that untill they made the black album. A lot of black sabbath songs are not hard to play on the guitar but they are still great?