Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Elder Scrolls Online.
    o0o0o0o, yea I highly doubt Elder Scrolls has more players than WoW has subscribers. I think accurate numbers would be tough to get ahold of. But wouldn't be surprised if Wow is still #1

Diablo 3 expansion, Warcraft 1,2,3 Remastered, Overwatch single player campaign. Warcraft 4 at some point probably now that SC 2 is over.

Am I the only person who doesn't like the idea of Blizzard making official remasters of the older Warcraft games?

I'm fine with fans recreating them.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    o0o0o0o, yea I highly doubt Elder Scrolls has more players than WoW has subscribers. I think accurate numbers would be tough to get ahold of. But wouldn't be surprised if Wow is still #1
    Here is about the best I could find from April of 2016

" Our population is huge and thriving, and we are happy to share our enthusiasm and nostalgia with you.

http://massivelyop.com/2016/04/04/matt-firor-says-elder-scrolls-onlines-population-is-huge-and-thriving/

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Am I the only person who doesn't like the idea of Blizzard making official remasters of the older Warcraft games?

I'd be happy if they just made the first 3 RTS to work at like 1080p & 4K, couple new textures and 5.1 sound.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-06-25 at 07:20 PM.

I doubt you're the only one, but probably part of a minority. Nothing wrong with recreations, but I'd rather Blizzard remade it themselves honestly.

Also that gives them the chance to start up Warcraft servers for the remakes.

They're already on record for stating (I should say that they're hinting at something) that the Diablo fans will be excited at BlizzCon. Regardless, as for their next IP, I would assert that they'll go for a Mario Kart style of racing game that features the characters of Blizzard.

Super Smash Blo's

7+ Year Old Account
    D3 expansion

My prediction: announcement at Gamescom, more in-depth stuff at Blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    Oh I agree in that -- I quit a few years ago because they turned it into "WoW 4 Dummies"

They could probably just revert back to like 2007 settings for the entire game and gain half their subs back.

I just meant that I don't see how they'd create a "New" World of Warcraft.......because with a game like this, you can only add on. You can't just make a new "world" -- Just see their only option would be to recreate interfaces and settings n all the internals.......It just shouldn't have been dumbed down so much, because back when those diehard fans were better than the casuals, they had a HUGE following.....but once they let the casuals get on a closer level to those DieHards....that's when they began losing fans
    Fast forward hundreds of years or go back in time to a time before. Its possible. Other mmos have dome it. made a 2 version of thier game. If they keep adding on expansions it wont go anywhere. people want to see a fresh direction and attitude. Blizzard still has to many of the things that have driven people away ingrained even if they wanted to change everything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raidosounds View Post
    Source? Cause last time i heard WoW still has the most active accounts over any other MMO
    the last reported numbers were some low 5 million and that was over a year ago. ESO reported over 7 million at e3 and only climbing. While wows just keeps going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    the last reported numbers were some low 5 million and that was over a year ago. ESO reported over 7 million at e3 and only climbing. While wows just keeps going down.
    7 million players since launch.
    First and foremost, I announced that we have had "seven million players since launch." I know that many of you will have questions as to how we arrived at that number. Here's the breakdown: since we commercially launched at the end of March 2014, we have had seven million people acquire the game, create accounts and play. Please note that this number does NOT include beta players (who played the game before we launched) and it also does not include players from our free trial (Xbox-only, in December of 2015). It all boils down to one thing: a LOT of people have purchased and played the game during the last two years, and we are grateful for each and every one.
    Not active subs. Not even active players. Huge difference.

See kids, this is what happens when people only pay attention to the number and not to the context.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2016-06-25 at 08:15 PM.

Like unholy said, that's 7 million players, not active subs. Big difference.

To put it in perspective, WoW has had 100+ million players.

http://media.wow-europe.com/infograp...fographic.html

Blizzcon:
    Overwatch Expansion
    WarCraft III remade/refreshed with the sc2/hots engine
    Diablo 2 remade/refreshed with the sc2/hots engine
    Diablo III Expansion
    Hearthstone Expansion
    Hots new maps/features

Print, hang it and see by yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Blizzcon:
    Overwatch Expansion
    WarCraft III remade/refreshed with the sc2/hots engine
    Diablo 2 remade/refreshed with the sc2/hots engine
    Diablo III Expansion
    Hearthstone Expansion
    Hots new maps/features

Print, hang it and see by yourself
    The only ones that are a bit of a stretch on there are the first 3 honestly, with an Overwatch expansion being impossible unless you mean Overwatch patches, because they've said Overwatch is going to have free updates.

D3 expansion is pretty much a good guess at the "surprise".
    Hearthstone expansions are usually announced every BlizzCon since Hearthstone came out.
    HoTS is always getting new stuff too, so they can easily just talk about the upcoming stuff.

7 million players since launch.

Not active subs. Not even active players. Huge difference.

See kids, this is what happens when people only pay attention to the number and not to the context.
    Well blizzard doesnt even publish numbers becuase they were taking such big dives. As someone who raided nonstop for 2 years in wow id sooner try eso than pay for wow again in its current state.

Well blizzard doesnt even publish numbers becuase they were taking such big dives. As someone who raided nonstop for 2 years in wow id sooner try eso than pay for wow again in its current state.
    If you want to swing around your opinion like anyone should care you go ahead and do you. That doesn't change the fact that you clearly had no idea what you were talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeriom View Post
    World of Starcraft
    World of Diablocraft of the Stormwatch?
    Putin khuliyo

Fast forward hundreds of years or go back in time to a time before. Its possible. Other mmos have dome it. made a 2 version of thier game. If they keep adding on expansions it wont go anywhere. people want to see a fresh direction and attitude. Blizzard still has to many of the things that have driven people away ingrained even if they wanted to change everything

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I know a lot of us who have been long time Blizzard fans, whether it be from 1 game or multiple games (I personally, have and/or still play Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, WoW, and Overwatch.) so if they came out with a whole new version or an MMO very simliar to what WoW used to be, I'd give them my 60 bucks to play it for myself.

Now if it were Bungie or Ubisoft, I'd wait for a free demo or play someone elses before I spent a dime lol --- Blizzard has my support in knowing that they are very capable at making quality games, because they have already made several.

At the same time though!!! I do occasionally feel like they try juggling too many current titles for their own / our own good. I know they employ a lot of people and each game has their own staff, but it still has to take a toll on Blizzard/Activision as a whole. But it worked well for countless years when it was just Starcraft/Warcraft 2 & 3/Diablo and than WoW.....so what's a couple more to them?

Deleted
    I think it is going to be a while til they make something big again (mmo). AT the moment small games are far too profitable. They make mmo level of revenue with small games like hearthstone, hots and overwatch.

So we problably keep seeing smaller projects from them, don't get too excited

I think we can at least expect a large project from them after d3 exp. With large project I mean one of their existing IP that are not some small mobile games or somecrap like that, but not MMO... MMO would be huge project. Not a large project.

What kind of small game would they even make? They got card game, moba. Will they make a cookie clicker? Seriously, I think blizz has a lot going on the small game side already. They need a large project to not let themselves become mobile game producers (perhaps more than a slight exaggeration)...

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I think we can at least expect a large project from them after d3 exp. With large project I mean one of their existing IP that are not some small mobile games or somecrap like that, but not MMO... MMO would be huge project. Not a large project.

What kind of small game would they even make? They got card game, moba. Will they make a cookie clicker? Seriously, I think blizz has a lot going on the small game side already. They need a large project to not let themselves become mobile game producers (perhaps more than a slight exaggeration)...
    In before "Diablo mobile/tablet version" With cartoony graphics. As they said many times, mobile is huge now and it's their target.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-06-25 at 10:41 PM.