Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Too many people here who doesn't even read into lore comment how "Thrall cheated" because they are on a Thrall hate bandwagon.

People also say that's why the elements abandoned him, because "he cheated!"

No, the elements abandoned Thrall because he used them by force to kill Garrosh. He didn't ask to lend their powers, he just simply took it by force. The elements doesn't give two craps about mortal rituals whether they cheat or not, they just get furious when their powers are being used with force for mere stupid mortal matters.

I would have preferred to see Vol'jin hunt Garrosh down like a common criminal, making good on his promise all those years ago.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    He literally tells you he cheated and feels bad about it in Legion... It's why he loses Doomhammer.
    So basically Thrall is without honor and in order to redeem himself he will kill steal from the players on the final boss of Legion.

Why would that be cheating lol?
    How could a Mage ever beat a Warrior in this universe if they weren't allowed to use Magic.

That shit was just for the film.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Why would that be cheating lol?
    How could a Mage ever beat a Warrior in this universe if they weren't allowed to use Magic.

That shit was just for the film.
    Because it's not just a battle. It's a sacred tradition between Orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rules are agreed on by the combatants the oldest way is what Garrosh and Cairne used but its not the only way. Garrosh had fought a Mak'gora with Thrall before and Thrall used magic.

Durotan challenged Gul'dan to unarmed combat Guldan agreed so when he used magic he cheated.

Thrall forced the elements which is why they are not responding to him in Legion.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-06-25 at 09:47 PM.

Deleted
    Who cares that he cheated, Garrosh needed to die and deserved to be cheated on, it's not like Garrosh never cheated in the past.

You guys need to find a hobby.

The elements will destroy you!

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Why wouldn't the Warsong Clan know how to prepare the ritual, having witnessed Thrall challenge him to Mak'gora? The cinematic skips directly to the fight, we have no way of knowing what occurred between.
    So after a massive battle, a challenge for leadership was shouted in the heat of the moment, they broke, took a break, rested, gathered shammies, did a ritual, rode off to the stones and fought, but were stll pretty amped up?
    Instead of just going off and settling it?
    I believe the point Atheries was making is that the elements of Azeroth are not the same as the furies of Draenor. They're described as being so different that Thrall was having trouble wielding them in Frostfire Ridge (giant tornado aside). Either they have some method of communicating across space and time, the elementals of Azeroth realized what Thrall had done from Thrall himself, or somebody missed a plot hole along the way.
    Yea, thats the part thats badly writen. How would they know, when Thrall got back did him and the elementals have guy talk.

"Son, i am disappoint....."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    So basically Thrall is without honor and in order to redeem himself he will kill steal from the players on the final boss of Legion.
    Exactly, if the movie taught us anything, it's that the Horde loves team killing kill stealers. He became a team killer after his little coup against Garrosh so he's already half way there.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Exactly, if the movie taught us anything, it's that the Horde loves team killing kill stealers. He became a team killer after his little coup against Garrosh so he's already half way there.
    Erm no. Even in the movie, many of the Orcs were murmuring against Gul'dan for what he did. They were just too scared to even oppose Gul'dan because he'd f up their shit.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The movie's makgora was obviously fought with a different rule set considering they were both unarmed . In game, during the WotLK pre event, Thrall fought Garrosh in a makgora and used the elements and no one complained then, not even Garrosh.

He didnt cheat he is a shaman and was allowed to use shaman abilities. Just as garrosh used warrior abilities. You guys are just mad green jebus is 2 good 4 you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

The idea that people can't use all the abilities they have is pretty damn absurd. In the case of Thrall and Garrosh, there is an understanding of what you can and cannot do. For Gul'dan there is no such thing. Take it a step further and look at it from a player stand point, is it cheating if a warlock in game doesn't just sit there and let a rogue or somebody pummel the crap out of them without casting something?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Erm no. Even in the movie, many of the Orcs were murmuring against Gul'dan for what he did. They were just too scared to even oppose Gul'dan because he'd f up their shit.
    I was talking about Garona. I don't see how a race like the orcs would see stabbing someone in the back after winning their trust as honourable, especially when Blackhand was about to rek Llane's shit anyway.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    All the way there. He stole the Deathwing kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I would have preferred to see Vol'jin hunt Garrosh down like a common criminal, making good on his promise all those years ago.
    would have been better storywise, and given Vol'jin something to actually do. Whats he done? Nothing. great war chief.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    All the way there. He stole the Deathwing kill.
    In Thrall's defense (I can't believe I just said that), the Demon Soul was the only thing actually capable of killing Deathwing.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    The movie's makgora was obviously fought with a different rule set considering they were both unarmed . In game, during the WotLK pre event, Thrall fought Garrosh in a makgora and used the elements and no one complained then, not even Garrosh.
    Its a bit diferent,one shaman does not need to call for the elements everytime he casts a Chain Lightning,Lightning bolt or Lava Burst.It would be funny in a raid the shaman screaming:

"Spirits of the Fire hear my call ,Lava burst!"

"Spirits of the Fire hear my call Lava burst!"
    "Spirits of the Fire:Lava burst!"

Ragnaros: Dude just cast,you don't need to ask for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Too many people here who doesn't even read into lore comment how "Thrall cheated" because they are on a Thrall hate bandwagon.

People also say that's why the elements abandoned him, because "he cheated!"

No, the elements abandoned Thrall because he used them by force to kill Garrosh. He didn't ask to lend their powers, he just simply took it by force. The elements doesn't give two craps about mortal rituals whether they cheat or not, they just get furious when their powers are being used with force for mere stupid mortal matters.
    Exactly. The cheat or no cheat part is irrelevant to the Element's refusal to work with him in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.