Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    Tried it on training grounds, initial hit apparently doesn't hurt if you get pinned, only when knocked back. Reddit lied to me! xD

But still, it's hard to survive charge + hammertime Reinhardt
    If I'm on Zarya or D.Va and manage to get caught in a charge, I won't die from the pin (D.Va gets ejected), but there's a 99.999% chance I'll die anyways unless someone manages to kill Reinhardt in the next 2 seconds. His hammer swing feels like it's three times the length of his body sometimes, there's pretty much no way for a character with no increased movement speed to get away from that range once you're in it. Plus, Reinhardts seem to hate Zarya so much they will quite often use their Q on her alone after pinning her just to make sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    If I'm on Zarya or D.Va and manage to get caught in a charge, I won't die from the pin (D.Va gets ejected), but there's a 99.999% chance I'll die anyways unless someone manages to kill Reinhardt in the next 2 seconds. His hammer swing feels like it's three times the length of his body sometimes, there's pretty much no way for a character with no increased movement speed to get away from that range once you're in it. Plus, Reinhardts seem to hate Zarya so much they will quite often use their Q on her alone after pinning her just to make sure.
    I mean, a Zarya can really stop your fun as Reinhardt if she has her ult ready. If you're stuck, you can't melee people after all

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, her E can save someone dying from charge, which most of the time ends up with Rein's death.

Also Zarya feels a little immortal on the payload sometimes
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Roadhog uses his ult, reflect it back on him as Genji. Oh and for more hilarity? Knock himself down any cliff with it. It's awesome.

Done it a few times, the other guy always reacts like "WTF just happened???"
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I mean, a Zarya can really stop your fun as Reinhardt if she has her ult ready. If you're stuck, you can't melee people after all
    And Reinhardt can stop Zarya's fun from her ult by keeping his shield up and facing her.

Granted, that doesn't stop the rest of your team from killing them from behind, but in my experience, no matter how many times you tell your team your ultimate is ready, they'll never follow up on it with you, leaving you to kill everyone in your ult.

Granted, I did have once a Tracer dropped her bomb on someone in my Zarya ult, it was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Manthis View Post
    If Roadhog uses his ult, reflect it back on him as Genji. Oh and for more hilarity? Knock himself down any cliff with it. It's awesome.

Done it a few times, the other guy always reacts like "WTF just happened???"
    I'm always afraid to ult as Roadhog because of Genjis. I try to save it til after they reflect now or they're already dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've been surprised by that hammer swing a few times. Got smushed on Tracer once because I thought I was beyond his reach. Nope.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And Reinhardt can stop Zarya's fun from her ult by keeping his shield up and facing her.

Granted, that doesn't stop the rest of your team from killing them from behind, but in my experience, no matter how many times you tell your team your ultimate is ready, they'll never follow up on it with you, leaving you to kill everyone in your ult.

Granted, I did have once a Tracer dropped her bomb on someone in my Zarya ult, it was glorious.
    When I play with people, they generally know ahead of time so they're ready for it so even if Reinhardt has his shield up, someone can get behind and get some damage done. All that being said, I don't think that shield stops a Hanzo ult.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I play with people, they generally know ahead of time so they're ready for it so even if Reinhardt has his shield up, someone can get behind and get some damage done. All that being said, I don't think that shield stops a Hanzo ult.
    Nothing stops Hanzo ult.. That thing goes through the walls, the floor, and basically anything else

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing stops Hanzo ult.. That thing goes through the walls, the floor, and basically anything else
    Except for D.Va. If she's right in front of him, puts up her defense matrix, there's a possibility the arrow will be shot down before the dragons/wolves appear. If. Once the dragons/wolves appear however, you better GTFO.

I want to say Genji can deflect it if he's close enough to do so before the dragons/wolves appear.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except for D.Va. If she's right in front of him, puts up her defense matrix, there's a possibility the arrow will be shot down before the dragons/wolves appear. If. Once the dragons/wolves appear however, you better GTFO.

I want to say Genji can deflect it if he's close enough to do so before the dragons/wolves appear.
    Hence the "basically"
    Those two cases are so niche compared to all the other ults those two can counter

Yell at your teammates until they comply with your demands, or until they quit. Either or.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a couple more

For heroes that can switch weapons (i.e. Mercy and Torb), if you shoot your pistol/rivet gun then switch to staff/hammer, your weapon will reload after a bit. Doing some testing in the training grounds they both auto reload after 2 seconds.

Also, when playing Junkrat if you place your mine, jump, then detonate while you're in the air, you will gain more distance on the jump than if you just did the mine jump by itself.

Edit: Someone already posted the first one, but I'll keep it as it's pretty useful

More for Junkrat Edit: Couple things that might help you as Junkrat.

First of all, damage is not affected by bouncing the nade, so bounce them if you need to.

Secondly, which links a bit to the first, if you are close to the thing you want to hit for some reason, for instance Reaper, point your launcher down a little bit and lead them. It will make the grenade go in more or less a straight line on the ground, making it a bit easier to hit single moving targets than trying to deal with arcing. At least it does for me
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2016-06-27 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't protect your healer and they die a lot because of that, don't be surprised when they suddenly switch to a dps. Because at that point, they said "fuck it."

Was playing on Nepal. Was Lucio. Team kept spreading out, wouldn't protect me. Switch to Pharah. Won the match.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2016-06-27 at 01:09 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Yep, it's a regular projectile until it turns into the dragon (unsure of exact distance but it's pretty short), so Genji can reflect it. Some hilarious videos of that up on Youtube.

I wonder if Reinhardt's shield would also block the arrow.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't protect your healer and they die a lot because of that, don't be surprised when they suddenly switch to a dps. Because at that point, they said "fuck it."

Was playing on Nepal. Was Lucio. Team kept spreading out, wouldn't protect me. Switch to Pharah. Won the match.
    Yeah, and that is sometimes seriously the best play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yep, it's a regular projectile until it turns into the dragon (unsure of exact distance but it's pretty short), so Genji can reflect it. Some hilarious videos of that up on Youtube.

I wonder if Reinhardt's shield would also block the arrow.
    Sounds like something you should try out.. I can try when a friend comes online, but that'll take a while

Funfact: If you aren't Genji or DVa, you can die to a headshot from Hanzo's ult before it turns into dragons

Also regarding Reinhardt's range. It's not only fairly long, but oftentimes he's actually closer to you on his screen than on yours (and due to favoring the shooter, his screen is what matters).

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like something you should try out.. I can try when a friend comes online, but that'll take a while
    It appears to be 10 meters, and about 11 meters is a little tiny opening where you wont be hit (dragons spawn a little after the arrow disappears). Tested in the training grounds, probably good to double check me.

I have no idea what to relate that to -- half of Roadhog's hook range I guess :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Contest the objective/payload when on defence. It stops the bar moving. As much as it amuses me to sail in on the payload towards the objective to 4 players on the back wall shooting my shield, it's rather less amusing to lose in overtime because 4 people on the back wall were just sat there watching the other side take the objective.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Speaking of reticles, I changed mine to Green, as it's apparently the tone that stands out the most from every other colour in the game. Also changed all my crosshairs to simple Dot or Short Crosshair. Uses up less space on the screen and makes lining up shots more precise.
    I concur on the green reticle, there's a lot of white/yellow/red/blue hues in the game on different maps, green really stands out the most.
    Which reminds me that it would be nice if we got a forest-y map or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Still working through the thread, but jumping before exploding your mine as a Junkrat sends you up even higher. Really nice to get on some difficult to reach rooftops on Dorado.

Your Concussive Blast as Pharah launches you in the air as well. Combine it with Rocket Jump to get legit altitude.

Apparently I'm really focused on being as high as possible

Also I see plenty of Junkrats who only use their mine offensively. It's such a versatile tool. Pharah is a hard counter for Junkrat, but when she's dropping, launch yourself up and it's easy to rain bombs on her while she's hovering. Or when a Roadhog hooks you, throw the mine and explode it instantly to get away from that first shotgun shell.

Deleted
    Dunno if those have been said, but you can animationcancel Torbs Hammerswing, when he bulds or repairs his turret, by quickly switching weapons back and forth. Should save 1-2 seconds per turret or so.
    Another interesting thing is that, as Soldier, you can Burstfire repeadedly, even if the normal reticule isn't small again. Ideal are 4 shots per burst. That means with a bit of practice it takes only a tiny bit longer to empty your magazine in exchange for perfect accuracy. (If you can aim :P)
    Also his Helixrockets get aimed according to his ult when he uses it, but since they are projectiles and not hitscan, you will most likely miss your target.