Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Meh... haven't bought anything yet.

The games I'd really want are not on any kind of price reduction. Friend has been pestering me to get ff10 (and I suppose ff9, but seriously I need to tell him to shut up about ff10) and I'm finally showing interest..... but they were not on reduced price like practically all the other ff on steam.
    This annoyed me too. $30 is way too much for the FFX/X-2 game, as I bought it on PS3 for $15. It not being on sale was a major bummer, since it's the only big-name title I wanted.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PromiscuousPelican View Post
    That's only 5 bucks more than if you buy it on g2a and the money will be going to the right people. Total bargain.

And anyway, the game was so much fun that I don't regret paying the full retail price on release. If anything, I'm actually surprised that the discount is that big on a legitimate site considering how popular it has been.
    Agreed! Doom at a 40% discount only 6 weeks after release, is a very pleasant surprise. I just picked it up myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    Agreed! Doom at a 40% discount only 6 weeks after release, is a very pleasant surprise. I just picked it up myself.
    I wanted to buy Doom, but the DLC just doesn't entice me at all. From the E3 announcement it seems all multiplayer and snapmap focused. In comparison Wolfenstein would be a very easy buy (although I didn't buy since I already have plenty of shooters in my backlog)
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This annoyed me too. $30 is way too much for the FFX/X-2 game, as I bought it on PS3 for $15. It not being on sale was a major bummer, since it's the only big-name title I wanted.
    The games I'd really want are not on any kind of price reduction. Friend has been pestering me to get ff10 (and I suppose ff9, but seriously I need to tell him to shut up about ff10) and I'm finally showing interest..... but they were not on reduced price like practically all the other ff on steam.
    Both titles were on sale at launch. Them not being on sale now isn't all that surprising since they launched recently (especially FFX/X-2).

What does that FFX/X-2 mean anyway? I mean that "X/X-2" part. Is it actually two games? Was ff10 perhaps released in two parts and now just been put together in one? If so... is one part length of a normal game so would this version on steam be actually length of two games? In that case I could perhaps buy it at the price it is at.

What does that FFX/X-2 mean anyway? I mean that "X/X-2" part. Is it actually two games? Was ff10 perhaps released in two parts and now just been put together in one? If so... is one part length of a normal game so would this version on steam be actually length of two games? In that case I could perhaps buy it at the price it is at.
    Yes. It's two full versions of games. Originally when it came out it was just FFX then years later was a whole new game (different than the first in gameplay, but continues the story) and called X-2. This version also contains the International stuff that use to be only on JP discs and a few other regions (not released in US).

Each game you could probably easily get 20 hours in of each (if you just go start to finish working on story). More if you complete the achievements and stuff. I'm nearing 42 hours on FFX and still have a ways to go on some achievements (though I did beat it) and another friend who was at 70 hours.

This is also why the price is a bit higher than the other FF games because you are basically getting a 2-in-1 thing. It was even sweeter when it was $23.99 on launch weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy x and Final Fantasy X-2. Two different games. They got an HD remaster and were included in one game for the PS3, then the PS4. Now the PC with the usual PC update bonuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Fable Anniversary worth 85% off? I've never actually played any of the games, though I've seen my friend play through a lot of the first couple. I've heard a lot of "meh" about the anniversary edition.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2016-06-25 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lego Harry potter for the kids...

Sorry but I can't get excited about this mundane sale format.

If you want a deal on FF X/X2 it's on console for cheap on like amazon or something
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    One thing about X/X-2 on PC: that's the best console port I've ever seen. Quite a lot of Steam reviews say it's even better than the "original" version (as in, better than remastered X/X-2 on PS3, not just original original). An example here.

Bought it at release (which I almost never do) after reading the comments on the port quality, and I totally agree with them, amazing port for an amazing game ("game", not "games")
    I was talking about the ps4 remastered edition which is probably the same as the PC version besides cheat mode
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well PSstore is having a Squenix sale right now anyways. You can get X/X2 for half off ($25), which is cheaper than the steam sale. XIV bundle with base game + Heavensword is only $25 as well.
    BAD WOLF

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, i want Fallout 4 and Rise of the tomb Rider but than im going to play wow all time and forget about these :/

I had a $20 steam card I got from a co-worker for secret Santa. Since I wanted to get into Dark Souls, I picked up Dark Souls 2 Scholar's Edition. Then I got Deus Ex: Human Revolution Directors cut because I never played it before and the sequel is coming out this year.

So do I bite on Doom being 40% off, or is there a chance it can sink lower?

About the only game I want so far, and moreso because I've been a fan of Doom since it came out. Any other time of the year I would've bit instantly at 40% off, but considering the finicky nature of Steam sales, it makes me more greedy and wanting to save more money.

I guess another sticky point would be, I've never bought one of Bethseda's games over Steam; does it launch from Steam just fine, or is it like Ubisoft crap where you need to install their crap to play it? Also assuming I can at least play single player offline hopefully, or is there the usual push these days to always have online connection (meaning I can't enjoy it peacefully on the road)?
    Last edited by xezar; 2016-06-25 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    Good move, you're in for one hell of a ride!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    So do I bite on Doom being 40% off, or is there a chance it can sink lower?

About the only game I want so far, and moreso because I've been a fan of Doom since it came out. Any other time of the year I would've bit instantly at 40% off, but considering the finicky nature of Steam sales, it makes me more greedy and wanting to save more money.

I guess another sticky point would be, I've never bought one of Bethseda's games over Steam; does it launch from Steam just fine, or is it like Ubisoft crap where you need to install their crap to play it? Also assuming I can at least play single player offline hopefully, or is there the usual push these days to always have online connection (meaning I can't enjoy it peacefully on the road)?
    I've not had any problems with playing Bethesda games on Steam.

Pillars o Eternity
    Grim Dawn
    Darkest Dungeon
    GTA 5
    Styx
    Salt and Sanctuary
    Dying Light the following Enhanced ed.

And another Divinity Original Sin.. have it, but i want to gift it to a friend, and since 2 years it never went lower than 50% so I figured I'll just get it now... anyway a game with that much content like that at 50% is a steal to me.

Still have other title like Doom 3 I'm thinking about, will see... rip wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as something goes on sale, thats the lowest it will be now? No more waiting until the last day to buy games if you happened to miss a Flash or Daily sale?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    As soon as something goes on sale, thats the lowest it will be now? No more waiting until the last day to buy games if you happened to miss a Flash or Daily sale?
    I was wondering the same thing. Some people say everything was on sale immediately and would stay on sale throughout, but then there's those daily suggestions or whatever, and on some article or video someone said you can get even more discounts that way, sort of suggesting that whatever is up on the main page that day is discounted further for that day.

So, I'm not sure. Perhaps someone knows for a fact?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    I found a game I think went on a bigger sale. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC went from 20% I think to 35% now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Some people say everything was on sale immediately and would stay on sale throughout, but then there's those daily suggestions or whatever, and on some article or video someone said you can get even more discounts that way, sort of suggesting that whatever is up on the main page that day is discounted further for that day.

So, I'm not sure. Perhaps someone knows for a fact?
    Well I know that companies like Square Enix and Ubisoft will lower prices of their games later on in the sale. So for example if you see one of their games for 14.99 on sale, they'll most likely lower it later on so i'd wait to buy any square enix/ubisoft games til the end just in case. I can't really speak on the daily deals things though.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements