Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Something like 90% of people would die in the first month. Humans without technology can really only survive in a few environments.

You might be able to stretch out further if you can find good game without over harvesting it but it is damn hard.

Well from my point of view I have always been happier when I was in the woods. But always had to come back because of family. Now I am married so no leaving now. At least I live in the country makes it more doable.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Okay, I am interested. Care to tell me why I should consider taking those courses?
    Sociology discusses behaviour "science", people's tendencies, as well as societal norms and expectations. It has elements of psych and philosophy. Imo, it's completely useless but could be entertaining for you as some time is spent on exploring why people are social creatures, how society was formed, and may theorize the consequences of living solo in the wild, its mental and physical effects on a person, in addition to the probability of success, and its obstacles.

Psychology delves into the mind, physical brain/body, and thought/emotions. You'll also learn about chemicals (without the chemistry), drugs, biology at the macro and cellular level, maybe marketing, and behavioural stuff.

Both are easy A's.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2016-06-25 at 09:17 PM.

Just have to turn Amish. They live long lives, have many kids, and are very happy.

There's some pretty suffistocated off the grid communities today. Don't ask me where or how to join, but it's not like you're automatically an insane person that can't have perks of a modern society because you choose not to be told how to live. That's just a meme affect idea.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2016-06-25 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think there's a certain fascination with it in people, which is why so many are intrigued by the collapse of society and/or living in an apocalyptic world. Even if it's just for our own entertainment, we seem to be somewhat drawn into the idea of breaking away and living much more... wild and free.
    You're right. Popular cases of this were Y2K and the Mayan Calendar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If by wild you mean living in a tent, shitting in the woods, collecting berries and bathing in lakes....I take the society with all the drawbacks.

But you are kinda vague. The moment you live in the wild as in "a hut" and do not hunt or gather your food, you will need some sort of income and will likely need contact of some sort with society.
    On top of that, living in the wild, if he doesn't hunt, what he has to offer others in return for food?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think there's a certain fascination with it in people, which is why so many are intrigued by the collapse of society and/or living in an apocalyptic world. Even if it's just for our own entertainment, we seem to be somewhat drawn into the idea of breaking away and living much more... wild and free.
    Is this not an important observation? I mean, people are fooling themselves with the way the world is going. That is not to say it's going to crash and burn, but maybe it's just a hint of conscious thought that change is needed, and if not that, maybe it's just some kind of sick game we play with ourselves making life more interesting if it could all be done in an instant. Aside from that I don't think that's a main reason people choose to get off the grid. In fact I think that doomsday though is primarily from people within the grid, and the people off just at some point decided it was more important/preferable to have that lifestyle if they weren't already born into it.