Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    I do not think Britain can make any decisions in the EU. At least if I read, understand this correctly.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887
    Right now we've had a non-binding referendum.

This has triggered a clause in the renegotiation that we did earlier in the year for all changes to be scrapped.

Other than that we're as much in the EU as we were before the referendum.

Once article 50 is triggered we then stop taking part in any decision making.

In terms of changes to the leaving process whilst the leaving process is in place they would have rather a hard time making that stick. Even if they did change it I'm 99% sure that those changes would not be applicable to a nation already in that process. Those nations would use the text of article 50 from the date that they triggered article 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandir View Post
    Yeah you can vote against it but as long you dont get the majority of the votes you cant do a thing against it
    Not vote.

Veto. A veto means that you can reject something. If a bill is vetoed by any nation with that power then it cannot pass.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-06-25 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    A decision this big should never have been left down to the public. Do we vote on whether we go to war for example? no.

The public do not understand the weight and the implications of decisions like these. We have general elections to choose qualified people to make these decisions for us, as it's their job.
    I agree, in fact in my country (Italy) Art. 75 of constitution clearly forbid referendums on international treaties, and with good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I might be just petty in that regard with my desire to see the UK choke on it's own hubris, but afaik people do have a point. Polling until you have the desired outcome is not something you do in actual democracy, even if the UK is just a wannabe semi-democracy to begin with. These are usually tactics employed by people that history frowns upon. But the fact remains that even the absolute majority voted for it. While one can easily see it as a valid mandate, it is certainly not a strong one, but that is democracy.

Imho their best chance to get out of this is to have elections and put it on the parties to make something out of that shaky mandate or not. If the UK elects the likes of Farange then for all I care they deserve everything that's coming for them. If they decide to not do it and made it clear before that voting labor/tories will not result in that outcome then they can stay for all I care.
    A 4 point win isn't anything close to a mandate. Politicians keep saying the public have clearly voted for a Brexit when the reality is that in a room of 2 people both occupy different positions on Europe. There's nothing clear about it. The Leave Campaign wouldn't be putting this to bed if Remain had such a narrow margin of victory, this would simply be referendum 1, it's partly why they are shitting it right now since they didn't think they would win this time round.

It's not democracy to change the country on a 52/48 split, it's stupidity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smashorc View Post
    In any nation with halfways functional public education it is entirely every single fucking individual's fault ever that could not discern bias in anything they read or watch.
    Determining the truth of anything is extremely difficult without copious amounts of time. Most people have jobs and lives.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Sooooo

should they rename the pound? I propose renaming it the Ounce.
    Or alternatively we may end up using stones.

Deleted
    Sooooo

should they rename the pound? I propose renaming it the Ounce.
    Yeah and while were at it lets rename the Dollar to "Still not as strong as the Pound despite all this shit going down"

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Brexit will still make it easier for the UK to control immigration in the future. One step at a time.
    leave campaigners before the referendum - "once the people vote to leave the EU, we can fix the immigration 'problem' within a single Parliment"
    leave campaigners after the referendum - "lols we never committed to reducing immigration? immigration will likely remain at similar levels to today? oh by the way, we are aiming to retain access to the single market - this requires free movement of people, but we never promised to remove that?"

one step at a time indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    I do not think Britain can make any decisions in the EU. At least if I read, understand this correctly.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887
    Again, by the letter of the charta that should all only start once they actually hand it their leave request. Let's also be real here, it isn't in the UK's best interest to drag this out forever.. well maybe if you have some "gold stock options". If you bought it cheap you can probably soon sell it for a nice profit .

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Again, by the letter of the charta that should all only start once they actually hand it their leave request. Let's also be real here, it isn't in the UK's best interest to drag this out forever.. well maybe if you have some "gold stock options". If you bought it cheap you can probably soon sell it for a nice profit .
    Nah, we sold loads of our gold.

When it was going cheap.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2016-06-25 at 09:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yeah and while were at it lets rename the Dollar to "Still not as strong as the Pound despite all this shit going down"
    world currency says what?

US: What?

Deleted
    world currency says what?

US: What?
    Hey man, just let me throw some shit your way instead of throwing more in my own backyard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    leave campaigners before the referendum - "once the people vote to leave the EU, we can fix the immigration 'problem' within a single Parliment"
    leave campaigners after the referendum - "lols we never committed to reducing immigration?? immigration will likely remain at similar levels to today?? oh by the way, we are aiming to retain access to the single market - this requires free movement of people, but we never promised to remove that??"

It is interesting that they don't even seem be hiding what they are doing with the type of language PC uses. They are basically stating flat out immigration will stay at the same level.

Usually the political elite attempts to jargonize or deceive statements like this which are likely to make people angry. It seems they now think they can get away with anything. The contempt towards their own supporters is astonishing to me, but to be honest the leave voters will probably just meekly accept it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Hey man, just let me throw some shit your way instead of throwing more in my own backyard.
    Hey man, this an Int Nat forum, plenty of US bashing threads. I can make a few jokes about the situation here :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    leave campaigners after the referendum - "lols we never committed to reducing immigration?? immigration will likely remain at similar levels to today?? oh by the way, we are aiming to retain access to the single market - this requires free movement of people, but we never promised to remove that??"

It was never a one stop solution. The UK needs a lot more anti-immigration changes and a sustainable population policy.

Deleted
    Hey man, this an Int Nat forum, plenty of US bashing threads. I can make a few jokes about the situation here :P
    Very few US bashing threads. A lot of bashing of the washington political elite.

As should be obvious from this thread we don't like our own political elites either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It was never a one stop solution. The UK needs a lot more anti-immigration changes and a sustainable population policy.
    Only way to do that is a lot of sex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Very few US bashing threads. A lot of bashing of the washington political elite.

As should be obvious from this thread we don't like our own political elites either.
    I can still make fun of the ounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heresy View Post
    I love how even North Korea wants a second vote.
    That petition is useless

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36629324

A House of Commons spokeswoman said the petition was created on 24 May. There were 22 signatures on it at the time the referendum result was announced.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing
    Last edited by Koyoti; 2016-06-25 at 10:04 PM.

Oh cmon, I'm not even from US and I think US gets a bit too much shit throw at them here xD just a bit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Deleted

I can still make fun of the ounce.
    You are welcome, I just didn't want you to have the impression bashing us politics has anything to do with its people.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are welcome, I just didn't want you to have the impression bashing us politics has anything to do with its people.
    I am bashing the Ounce.