Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You quoted me before I could fix the missing "not", but that only changes the meaning of one sentence. Anyway I generally agree with you, it's a rather weak mandate, but in democracy the 50.00....001% rule over the 49.99...99%, That is how it is. That is also why I said they should have at least demanded a clear cut absolute majority to avoid a situation like this. Now it comes down to what people value more their status or their integrity as a representative in a representative democracy (well kinda anyway). It is their job to make a decision to the best of their knowledge, but the damage is already done to be honest. They will have probably strengthened the far right for decades to come, even if they somehow managed to turn things around. They allowed their propaganda to flourish, despite having easy chances to refute most of these points. The politicians currently in power failed to do their job. They failed to educate their charges, they failed at keeping inner peace and they failed at pointing out the real issues instead of using the convenient scapegoat of the EU. They gambled and lost. Maybe they will take things more seriously in the future. They have their work cut out for them.
    I agree that "demz the rulez" but fuck it, I'm not paying the price because the rules are fucking stupid. Leave said before the referendum that this sort of split wouldn't stop them from more referendums, time we started behaving the same way on the other side of the aisle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The office of the president of the USA is not decided by popular vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Yes because we have a system with rules, you can't just change them because your guy lost.
    I don't think anyone in the UK is suggesting otherwise. That's why the petition won't hold any weight. The rules can't be changed after the result. The best hope for Remain is that that the terms for leaving the EU are presented as a separate referendum and rejected. Not that I can see this being offered as an option with Boris and co. in charge.
    You can't really dust for vomit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    He was/is a moron and should have been sacked the moment he announced the referendum.

HIV entire argument to stay in the EU was flawed that did more harm then good. Anybody hearing him talk would think ''even the PM says the EU is bad so whats the point in staying''.

He called for a referendum as a political ploy, he shouldn't but he did. Since his tactic backfired he had to resign because his position as the PM was compromised.

Non of this changes the fact that winning a non binding referendum by just a few points barley counts as a mandate by the people or the will of the people. Because 50% of the people disagrees with you.

It;s like with the Dutch referendum a while back in regards to the Ukraine treaty. The anti treaty side may have won but with the number of people that voted was barley above the minimum threshold you really don't have any sort of mandate by the people to have a major policy change.
    I completely agree with you.

However it doesn't change the fact that the British people have spoken, and they have chosen to Leave.

If Parliament decides to hold a second referendum (which I don't think they will, because it will completely destroy the validity of any future referendums when another one can simply be called because people don't like the first result), then I shall vote in it and I shall vote according to what I feel should be the course of action taken by the UK and that is to follow the first referendum and Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Wouldn't want to castrated obviously, but it's very little amount, last time we had a referendum almost 4% of ballots were damaged or... well you get the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yeah and while were at it lets rename the Dollar to "Still not as strong as the Pound despite all this shit going down"
    It's okay I'd be upset too if my country's currency dropped 15%
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Up to now, there was no explanation, why Cameron needs 4 months to say that the UK wants to leave. That's actually the best thing in a long time since many fear this could be a neverending story. Either the UK is in or out.

We'll have to see what happens.
    The Conservatives need 4 months to get their shit straight. I agree with the EU leaders tbh, fuck what Cameron wants. He put his party before the country with this referendum, fuck giving him another chance to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The typo in the book description instills total confidence in me, given the time frame and all that :P.
    It's 4200 words of red-hot love!

Now we just need to find out what to do with the other 26.032 rejected votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's 4200 words of red-hot love!
    <insert flirtatious red-hot drivel>
    Urgh, can't really be bothered. Way to hot here already.. someone send some rain pls.
    not worth a separate post
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-06-25 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it seems like pulling out is not happening for that dick.
    Black Lives Matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    It's okay I'd be upset too if my country's currency dropped 15%
    Your currency would actually have to rise to get any lower.......

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Obama won at 51%, was that not legitimate too?
    Thats a election and not a referendum.

Any referendum that can have long lasting impact needs a abolsulte majority beyond the margin of error to have some strength behind it.

Deleted
    i voted for Cameron in the last election, i think he was a good PM overall (better than anything else on offer at the time at least), how ever i really dont think the EU membership should ever have been put to a vote, and the fact he wanted to do that almost made me not vote for him last time. i dont think a decision that important to the future of a country )far more important that just electing a new leader) should have ever been put to such a simple vote of 50%+1 vote needed to pass, so i can see the reason people are signing that petition to have a 2nd referendum with a clause of needing a higher % to leave the EU. however, whats done is done, we all knew the referendum was coming and the consequences of the outcomes, we will have to live with that now, people shouldn't really demand a 2nd vote just because they do not like the outcome.

i hope the UK comes out of this relatively okay, London relies so heavily on the EU market, and the rest of the UK relies so heavily on Londons economy, that i cannot see this going well in the long run.
    At least Merkel is sticking up for the UK saying the EU shouldn't be too harsh.

also fuck boris, he was a decent london mayor imo, but please don't let him anywhere near being PM :x

Short Term Pain for Long Term gain

The EU is so Dysfunctional it would have bought Britain down in the end

Lets see how far those Scottish get if they still want to be part of the EU.

In 10 years time Britain & Scotland might be divided like North Korea
    With Scottish people jumping the Border to come and live in a blossoming Britain.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Short Term Pain for Long Term gain

The EU is so Dysfunctional it would have bought Britain down in the end

Lets see how far those Scottish get if they still want to be part of the EU.

In 10 years time Britain & Scotland might be divided like North Korea
    With Scottish people jumping the Border to come and live in a blossoming Britain.

whatever meds you are on: less amount of that stuff, mkay ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i voted for Cameron in the last election, i think he was a good PM overall (better than anything else on offer at the time at least)
    So you voted for a man who fucked a dead pig, franchised out disability benefit to his corporate mates, led the country into a double-dip recession and gave billions of pounds worth of my fucking money to idiot bankers, and you think he was a "good PM".

Suddenly the overtly racist brexiteer scum don't seem quite so bad. At least they don't try and make a fast buck out of people in intense pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    The Conservatives need 4 months to get their shit straight. I agree with the EU leaders tbh, fuck what Cameron wants. He put his party before the country with this referendum, fuck giving him another chance to do the same.
    just my two cent among those who campaigned for brexit only farage and ukip really wanted to go through, the tories were only there to force cameron to resign and substitute him with Boris they wanted to borrow the ref momentum for an internal matter they never though that brexit would win.
    Now that shit hit the fan, scotland and n-ireland + london are rebelling and Cameron is gone they have 2 outcome:

a) go on with the exit and try some damage limitation, especially with london that 90% will lose it's eu-passport.
    b) buy time and try to find a loophole to completely scrap the referendum, losing face completely during the process

there is third possibility of them involving the Queen and try to sort this mess out, but i don't really think that she will get involved anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    just my two cent among those who campaigned for brexit only farage and ukip really wanted to go through, the tories were only there to force cameron to resign and substitute him with Boris they wanted to borrow the ref momentum for an internal matter they never though that brexit would win.
    Yeah that really does seem to be the case. They seem to want to negotiate essentially the same relationship they had with the EU before.

Incredible though it seems, it may well be the case that this whole affair was simply a mechanism for two wings of the political elite to war with each other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Veto. A veto means that you can reject something. If a bill is vetoed by any nation with that power then it cannot pass.
    [/FONT]
    The veto rights will be stripped off the UK. Leavers are not choosers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The office of the president of the USA is not decided by popular vote.
    How undemocratic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The veto rights will be stripped off the UK. Leavers are not choosers.
    Again I'll repeat.

We haven't triggered article 50 yet. Until such time as we do we are full EU members.